How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-12-2007
V.I.P.

I think bringing up the transgender issue at all was ridiculous...before it was even out in the open people didn't make a big deal about a boy playing with a damn doll or playing dress up. And Whoopi is right...when a boy plays with his dolls...they're called action figures...

And if a boy is around all girls at one point...of course he will take on their activities and vice versa...

06-12-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicandy View Post
I'm not going to hold back I really hate this woman. She's such an embarrassment to the human race. I still cannot comprehend how she didn't know the world was flat. And she has a CHILD! She doesn't know basic facts and concepts that should've been learned in elementary school, but its perfectly acceptable for her to have children??! More proof there is no God.

On the other hand I love Whoopi. Get rid of Sherri, Barbara and Elizabeth please and I would watch this show again. I'm serious. Paying her millions a year is only rewarding her stupidity and making it seem acceptable to be an ignorant moron.
i agree w/Sherri is too much & she always has to have the last word. Liz is ignorant. Barbara can be annoying. have ivanka trump or somebody that is open to different things.

Last edited by funkyflamingo; 06-12-2007 at 07:35 PM.
06-12-2007
trendsetter

i know hate is a strong word...so.. i hate her views. i have never said that before but damn she is ignorant.

Fashionably Late

^ That is a great way to phrase it, and yes, she is ignorant. This woman did not know that the earth was round.

Elizabeth needs to go away too. Joy is tolerable. Barbara makes me sick to my stomach. Whoopi seems smart though. I do like my Whoopi.

Last edited by cosmogrl5; 06-12-2007 at 10:14 PM.
07-12-2007
barcode

The thing that strikes me most about the whole boy/dress issue is that, until a boy understands gender roles and all that go with them (which certainly isn't happening with a five year old) a dress isn't a symbol of femininity, it's just something new and different.

Interestingly we were talking about gender and rules in my psych class today and my professor brought up a great point. When a girl likes to climb trees and get dirty and run around they're called tomboys. There may be some pressure from parents or other adults to be more "girly" but that's really the extent of it, no one is so quick to throw around the word dyke though. For a boy to pick up a doll or put on a dress (which is no indication of anything having to do with transvestism or trangenderism anyway)...well let's just say the names they get called are worse than tomboy and the reprecussions are much harsher.

I wonder if Sherri, or anybody who happens to share her opinion on things, would be so quick to forbid a girl from playing with a truck or climbing a tree.

08-12-2007
Deep Red Bells

I can't watch the video....
Can anyone fill me in on what she said?...
and who was the guest host?...

I am still find it hard to believe she thought the world was flat.
That was dumber than Jessica Simpson's is this tuna chicken?

08-12-2007
Zen
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
The thing that strikes me most about the whole boy/dress issue is that, until a boy understands gender roles and all that go with them (which certainly isn't happening with a five year old) a dress isn't a symbol of femininity, it's just something new and different.

Interestingly we were talking about gender and rules in my psych class today and my professor brought up a great point. When a girl likes to climb trees and get dirty and run around they're called tomboys. There may be some pressure from parents or other adults to be more "girly" but that's really the extent of it, no one is so quick to throw around the word dyke though. For a boy to pick up a doll or put on a dress (which is no indication of anything having to do with transvestism or trangenderism anyway)...well let's just say the names they get called are worse than tomboy and the reprecussions are much harsher.

I wonder if Sherri, or anybody who happens to share her opinion on things, would be so quick to forbid a girl from playing with a truck or climbing a tree.
I have to disagree with that....

08-12-2007
Deep Red Bells

^ And I have to agree.

I have seen myself that a boy acting what is considered girly usually gets it thrown in his face much more than a girl doing typical boy things.
My good friend is an example of this.
(He happens to be gay) and from a young age he was into things deemed girly such as playing witches and making jewelery....
just doing things that pleased him- he wasn't aware of his sexuality yet.
He was tortured in school- all the way up to high school.

His sister on the other hand played every sport imaginable....
never wore a dress or shoes with any type of heel....
never got into makeup or grooming....
yet nobody ever questioned her sexuality.

Last edited by brokenenglish; 08-12-2007 at 12:21 PM.
08-12-2007
Zen
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
^ And I have to agree.

I have seen myself that a boy acting what is considered girly usually gets it thrown in his face much more than a girl doing typical boy things.
My good friend is an example of this.
(He happens to be gay) and from a young age he was into things deemed girly such as playing witches and making jewelery....
just doing things that pleased him- he wasn't aware of his sexuality yet.
He was tortured in school- all the way up to high school.

His sister on the other hand played every sport imaginable....
never wore a dress or shoes with any type of heel....
never got into makeup or grooming....
yet nobody ever questioned her sexuality.
That may be the case for those two...but you have to put into account
not everyone's story is the same.

08-12-2007
backstage pass

I think it's because feminine activities are considered "useless" in our society. Being good at cooking, for example, is not as valuable as being adept at sports.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shepherd, sherri, theology