How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-12-2007
backstage pass

Sherri Shepherd Doesn't Get Theology
Okay so she was nervous when she said she didn't know whether the Earth was round or flat. But this... Ho man!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/1...g_n_75292.html

If Jesus came first, what was the point of the Old Testament? Why can't they put SMART women on TV?

05-12-2007
God Save McQueen

they took her over kathy griffin

she thinks the greeks and the romans are the same people, as well it seems

05-12-2007
V.I.P.

She got in hot water again today for her thoughts on transgender children...I kind of agree with what she says but it's also really offensive. But it makes for good TV I suppose...I'm just glad Elisabeth Hasselback is off...I can't stand her...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ND3vqPz90

05-12-2007
Fashionably Late

I DVR the View and watched a few minutes ago. My jaw hit the coffee table. I cannot believe she said something like that on the air. I know that the show is about sharing your opinions, but she was just begging to be attacked.

05-12-2007
still here

whoopi's face during the whole thing was the best part.

05-12-2007
Fashionably Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa View Post
whoopi's face during the whole thing was the best part.
ITA. And did you notice how Whoopi kept trying to let her back out it? Sherri was not having it though. She was determined to speak her mind!

05-12-2007
tfs star

This is ridiculous

trendsetter

I'm not going to hold back I really hate this woman. She's such an embarrassment to the human race. I still cannot comprehend how she didn't know the world was flat. And she has a CHILD! She doesn't know basic facts and concepts that should've been learned in elementary school, but its perfectly acceptable for her to have children??! More proof there is no God.

On the other hand I love Whoopi. Get rid of Sherri, Barbara and Elizabeth please and I would watch this show again. I'm serious. Paying her millions a year is only rewarding her stupidity and making it seem acceptable to be an ignorant moron.

Last edited by lollicandy; 05-12-2007 at 09:14 PM.
05-12-2007
trendsetter

I KNEW she was an idiot early on...I was just waiting for her to act on it fully

05-12-2007
barcode

I don't know who the guest host is, but I love how open minded she is, more parents should be.

As for the BC thing, well....are people really that deluded?

Last edited by Spike413; 05-12-2007 at 11:00 PM.
06-12-2007
fashion insider

The whole transgender thing really made me furious. A boy might want to put on a dress because, believe it or not, we're all human and when a boys sees pretty shapes and colours, he's going to like it as much as a girl will. I have very 'straight' friends who get jealous that girls can wear such pretty dresses and clothes and yet when they go to functions they have to wear suits. Female clothes spark the imagination and have more room for creativity imo. Once you start teaching a child that liking a certain shape or colour makes you 'wrong' in some way, then you're just planting negative and unnecessary ideas.

I adore whoopi and she's right, let a kid be a kid. Let them have fun, let them be free.

06-12-2007
doldrums

I love Whoopi and I can't stand Sherri but I guess that's she's a sensation for the View. My little brother use to wear dresses and paint his nails. When he was younger he copied me that's all I was closer to his age and our older brother and sister had more important things to do than play kids game.

06-12-2007
V.I.P.

I hate when parents say, "Once you're 18 and out of my house you can do whatever you like, but when you're under my roof..." Blah blah blah. I cant believe she is being paid Millions??! I havent watched The View much since Rosie left but I love that Whoopi's on there and that two black women are on the panel and it's great that they have different views, but why wont Baba Wawa or whoemever does the hiring bring on a smart-sounding conservative?

This woman sounds pathetic, and even though I'm not transgendered I am gay and she is denying who her child is and that's disgusting. I love that Melina (guest host) was speaking up and saying she doesnt care.

But all in all, GAWD.

06-12-2007
fashion insider

The guest host is from CSI:NY (my favourite CSI and she's the best character, love her)

06-12-2007
Fashionably Late

^ Yes, and she handled the whole situation with class, IMO.

I definitely hate when people tell boys they cannot play with dolls. Wouldn't that help to make them good fathers potentially if they did play with dolls? As for wearing dresses, girls wear pants...why can't boys dress up for fun and wear dresses? In high school, I remember that ALL of the jocks used to dress as women for Halloween every year because they were fascinated by it (and they REALLY enjoyed stuffing their bras. LOL.). We are talking about harmless things here, and even if her child DID want to be a woman, it is your child. Accept him!

Anyway, I am shocked that Sherri is not more open-minded. I bet that Elizabeth would have supported her.

Last edited by cosmogrl5; 06-12-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shepherd, sherri, theology