How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-02-2006
NOE
trendsetter

Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong Split

The much anticipated wedding of Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow is officially off.

The couple, who released a joint statement through Armstrong’s spokesman to PEOPLE, are calling it quits after two years of dating and an engagement that lasted a little over five months.

"After much thought and consideration we have made a very tough decision to split up. We both have a deep love and respect for each other and we ask that everyone respect our privacy during this very difficult time," the statement said.

Rumors of trouble began surfacing around Christmas, but the couple insisted there was no truth to them and that they were moving forward with wedding plans for this spring.

Crow recently tried on wedding gowns, including a Vera Wang with what she said was “a particularly absurd amount of meringue,” for a photo shoot for Allure magazine and told reporters that she would be marrying her cyclist boyfriend in Austin.

Armstrong, 34, a Texan, and Crow, 43, born in Missouri, shared a ranch in Austin and were said to be planning to live there together after their wedding.

The couple met at a charity event in October 2003 and began dating a short time later.

"I knew pretty quickly that I was totally into him,” Crow told PEOPLE in November.

Armstrong proposed to her in Sun Valley, Idaho, in late August in a proposal Crow called “very romantic.”

Source: People

03-02-2006
V.I.P.

not another hollywood split!

03-02-2006
rising star

Wow...am I the only who thought they actually may have made it?

03-02-2006
windowshopping

Another split?

03-02-2006
NOE
trendsetter

After this past year of celeb divorces/broken engagements I just don't believe in celeb marriages anymore. Go Goldie Hawn and Oprah for just letting their relationships be... and for not being forced to follow suit

go red sox

my mom's pretty happy about this. she wasn't happy that sheryl broke up lance's family. i'm not too fond of him or her, to tell you the truth.

V.I.P.

I actually liked them and am truthfully sadden by this

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelover142002
my mom's pretty happy about this. she wasn't happy that sheryl broke up lance's family. i'm not too fond of him or her, to tell you the truth.
Well tell your mom that it's not true cause they started going was after Lance and his wife split. Plus I think it was the wife that left him so I don't see why couldn't go out with Sheryl.

It's sad as well for his kids cause by now they would have gotten attached to her.

03-02-2006
NOE
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher
Well tell your mom that it's not true cause they started going was after Lance and his wife split. Plus I think it was the wife that left him so I don't see why couldn't go out with Sheryl.

It's sad as well for his kids cause by now they would have gotten attached to her.
Exactly! That's basically a myth. They did start dating waaay after he was divorced. He stated on Oprah that he was divorced before he had cancer.

V.I.P.

Wow I thought they would last...

04-02-2006
trendsetter

Ted C. has been hinting for a few weeks about this so no suprises here

04-02-2006
fashion elite

Well, by all accounts Lance is a first-class jerk and I never liked (nor disliked, except when she sings) Sheryl so I feel sorry for none of them.

04-02-2006
front row

It's sad when people brake up, I thought they made a cute couple

But seriously, no famous couple will ever make it in my opinion...

My french makeup blog
04-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennika
Ted C. has been hinting for a few weeks about this so no suprises here
I think every tabloid has been hinting at this for several months. Not suprised they broke up.

04-02-2006
NOE
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi
Well, by all accounts Lance is a first-class jerk and I never liked (nor disliked, except when she sings) Sheryl so I feel sorry for none of them.
Why is he a jerk Do you know him

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
armstrong, crow, lance, sheryl, split