How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-06-2012
V.I.P.

They've been living together for a while also right? So it wouldn't be too different from what they're doing now besides the actual title. They seem cute and I hope it works out for them thought I do hope their engagement is a long one.

09-06-2012
front row

Again, what a great role model... Teaching young girls that there ain't nothin' wrong with gettin' engaged at the age of nineteen...

09-06-2012
backstage pass

^ Right.

09-06-2012
scenester

I don't see whats wrong with her being engaged at 19. At that age she has accomplished a lot more than people in their late 20's. The funny thing is that if she wold have been pregnant first people would have criticize her just as much as their are doing it now that she is going the "traditional" way.

09-06-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
I don't see whats wrong with her being engaged at 19. At that age she has accomplished a lot more than people in their late 20's. The funny thing is that if she wold have been pregnant first people would have criticize her just as much as their are doing it now that she is going the "traditional" way.
Please don't act as she accomplished it by herself. A lot of people don't have famous daddies.

And regarding her engagement, I like how Diane Kruger said that people should get married at the end of the road not the beginning.
So no, I cannot have a positive opinion on wearing a ring at 19. But who cares it's her life anyway. :p

09-06-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandili View Post
And regarding her engagement, I like how Diane Kruger said that people should get married at the end of the road not the beginning.
I completely agree with that. And regarding those comments saying how mature she is, there's also the fact that most 19-year-olds aren't as financially secure as she is. Most people at that age are preoccupied with college, not thinking about getting married.

Personally, I think getting married at 19 is far too young. Just because she's experienced more than most people doesn't make her more mature. On the contrary, I think she's proven time and time again that she's not exactly the brightest person around.

10-06-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandili View Post
Please don't act as she accomplished it by herself. A lot of people don't have famous daddies.

So no, I cannot have a positive opinion on wearing a ring at 19. But who cares it's her life anyway. :p
To be fair, I think Miley is probably a lot more well-known then her father. And she's definitely made more money then he has. Yes, having a famous father helped a bit but at least she is talented unlike a lot of people who are only famous thanks to who their parents are and who have not done anything (think of all those "it-girls" who have famous parents. What have they ever done that was noteworthy?).

It's funny, I usually think that getting engaged/married at 19 is far too young but some people have a stable enough relationship (and other stable elements in their life) that they can settle down at a young age and be happy. It really depends on the couple though. Also, even though Miley is financially secure it doesn't guarantee that she will have a happy marriage. Sure, it probably helps not having to worry about finances and such but a marriage cannot be sustained on having lot's of money.

And I don't really understand why people put Miley down for not being the "brightest person" around, she seems plenty smart to me. I mean, I know she hasn't gone to college, but a lot of people don't (especially in Hollywood) and that doesn't mean she doesn't have a brain. Plus, I think what's more important then being really smart is having a good heart. And from what we know of her, Miley seems quite supportive of all sorts of causes.

10-06-2012
V.I.P.

i think growing up in the spotlight makes you mature earlier than "normal" people.

10-06-2012
tfs star

Not always. Or even very often. If that were the case Lindsey Lohan and Nick Stahl and Culkin who also married young might not have/had their problems. Actually, it seems that once she got out of the spotlight that she has been allowed to mature some. But that is just myopinion. Anyway I don't know that I agree with Miss Kruger because it depends on the couple. I dont know what went down between her and Canet but marriage seems to turn both of them off now. But I mean if you are in love and you are willing to make a commitment and realize it takes more than love to get through, then why wait? But is a question of maturity I'm still not convinced she has and personality, but who knows. They may work.

11-06-2012
tfs star

I don't think that 19 is too young at all to get engaged -when you know, you know etc.) -- and no one except Miley and Liam know what their relationship is really like.
I saw an interview on Liam's thread between the two of them though and she seems to talk down to him a lot, but some guys seem to like that I'm half hoping she'll get happily married and fade into obscurity because she is incredibly irriating (and I'm sorry but she is not talented in the slightest)

11-06-2012
V.I.P.

are they living together?

15-06-2012
backstage pass

Way too young to be engaged, it's not going to last

26-06-2012
V.I.P.

Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth Getting Married This Weekend?

Miley Cyrus picks up a cool drink from Starbucks on Monday (June 25) in Toluca Lake, Calif.

“Super lazy Sunday! Can’t wait for next week! It’ll be filled with happiness =]” the 19-year-old singer and actress tweeted the day before, prompting some to speculate she and fiance Liam Hemsworth were getting married in a few days.

“Haven’t heard that [rumor],” Liam‘s rep told Gossip Cop. “[He's] back in L.A. for a night next week to receive an award from Australians in Film on the 27th.”

Liam, 22, proposed to Miley late last month with a 3.5-carat Neil Lane ring.

from justjared

26-06-2012
tfs star

^it's super silly how much we now read in to simple tweets, and kinda interpret them to be saying what we wish they meant.

"filled with happiness" could very well mean that perhaps miley, liam and fam will jet off somewhere to celebrate the engagement, etc.

29-06-2012
fashion insider

Apparently Liam said in an interview they're already married but then took it back. Hahah.

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cyrus, miley, news