Sienna kicked out of Edie Movie - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
12-05-2005
within an embrace

^ Layer Cake is actually getting really good reviews - it hasn't been released in the US yet, and it will be soon, but the reviews are rather good.

12-05-2005
scenester

it's official,,, katie holmes is playing edie! I don't know if katie resembles edie much, but i do know that she is a fantastic actress, proving herself many times in indie movies with edgy roles.. she's always a surprise because she has such a sweet face but transforms into darker roles on screen.. anyway, i hope the costumes and make-up will turn her into edie~ can't wait for the movie!

and about siena miller... THANK GOD! she should never get to play such a coveted role without proving herself..

12-05-2005
trendsetter

I think Katie Holmes would be fine as Edie, she has done some edgy roles and I think she could do it justice.

12-05-2005
V.I.P.

Yeah that's true. She was really good in "Pieces of April". She also has indie creds in:
-The Ice Storm
-Wonder Boys
-The Gift
-Go
-The Singing Dectective
she might be able to pull this off.

12-05-2005
backstage pass

Meh, im not doubting Katie's acting skills (although i can't remember any films she's in....) but i don't think she looks right for the part and i still think thats an important factor. (p.s where is it official....)

I want Winona or Keira

12-05-2005
V.I.P.

^ Yeah, but they can do wonders in hair and make-up! Although, you're right, Winona or Keira would be shoe-ins for the look.

I think Katie will do the role justice. I think it's unfortunate that she's so closely tied to her Dawson's Creek character b/c she really is capable of so much more than that...

12-05-2005
backstage pass

Im probably favouring Winona because i like her and she's brilliant in Girl.Interrupted and her and Edie have similar delicate faces

I'll have to see Katie in make-up before i accept her lol! I cant get over seeing her as the "droopy faced girl" as someone so kindly describes her on thesuperficial.com

12-05-2005
fashion elite

If these producers/writers are vain/shallow enough to only pick the IT girl of the moment ( I have no idea how could an actress Katie is, but it's a little coincidental), then I highly doubt they would go for Winona. And I think everyone knows why. But Winona could def. look close to Edie.

12-05-2005
front row

^erm... Hollywood IS shallow, I think everyone knows that.

Thank god Sienna didn't get the part, I can't stand her.but Katie Holmes can't act, really. she does resemble younger, darker Edie, but she cannot act. and I haven't watched Dawson's Creek ever, but I've seen her in these indie flicks, and she is quite bad. she's always the same in every role I think.

Keira- I've seen a pic of her where she really looks like Edie, but I think she doesn't have that much talent.

Winona- might have the talent and the looks, but she did so crappy roles in the end of the 90s/beginning of the 2000,plus that scandal, no one in Hollywood is gonna cast her.and I think the producers think she is too old.

Kate Bosworth- well...I don't actually like her, but I haven't seen her acting. she slightly resembles Edie.

I think none of these should get the part (well, maybe Winona,but she won't I'm sure).someone whose more edgy and indie, maybe.that's too much to wish for, though.

anyway, the film is going to be a disaster.

12-05-2005
Been things & seen places

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostgirl
Yeah that's true. She was really good in "Pieces of April". She also has indie creds in:
-The Ice Storm
-Wonder Boys
-The Gift
-Go
-The Singing Dectective
she might be able to pull this off.
and also the film "Abandon" which was written just for her by the writer of "Traffic" its a strange dark film!
I like Katie and have followed her film career so I don't think of her as years ago on Dawson's still...plus she has same natural coloring as Edie and her voice is floaty and soft like Edie's...I think she can pull off the aristocratic yet child-like thing that made Edie fascinating. Katie is a good actress and she has already filmed the very very high-profile role of Batman's girlfriend in this summer's Batman, has worked with Sam Raimi and Ang Lee before so I don't think it fair to say she only can get a part now b/c she started dating Tom Cruise .

12-05-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
^erm... Hollywood IS shallow, I think everyone knows that.
Umm..please. There are plenty of execs out there that are willing to take chances on people that aren't necessarily "known." There ARE celebs who hit it big with their first or second film (which they starred in), and no one had heard of them before.

12-05-2005
V.I.P.

Can't say I'm crushed.

12-05-2005
Been things & seen places

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuviel
Can't say I'm crushed.
me either i have seen her act and she is okay- not a movie lead more of an ensemble actress- i mostly like her for her style and as a celebrity.

12-05-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchide
and also the film "Abandon" which was written just for her by the writer of "Traffic" its a strange dark film!
I like Katie and have followed her film career so I don't think of her as years ago on Dawson's still...plus she has same natural coloring as Edie and her voice is floaty and soft like Edie's...I think she can pull off the aristocratic yet child-like thing that made Edie fascinating. Katie is a good actress and she has already filmed the very very high-profile role of Batman's girlfriend in this summer's Batman, has worked with Sam Raimi and Ang Lee before so I don't think it fair to say she only can get a part now b/c she started dating Tom Cruise .
i agree. I didnt realize she had been in so many indie films- and wonderful ones at that. Should be an interesting and challenging role for her if she gets the part. I dont think Katie "not looking like Edie" should such a big concern. Nicole Kidman and Charlize Theron won Oscars portraying women they did not look like.

12-05-2005
fashion insider

Wait - where was it "officially" announced that Katie Holmes is taking over the role? I cannot think of a worse choice. She looks nothing like her, is a horrible actress, and, in my opinion, cannot capture the Edie Sedgwick spirit at all. If this is true, what a disaster and a dissapointment. If they're not going to use Sienna, put in the freaking time to find a lesser-known actress who can get the job done right!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
edie, kicked, movie, sienna