Sienna kicked out of Edie Movie - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
12-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchide
and also the film "Abandon" which was written just for her by the writer of "Traffic" its a strange dark film!
I like Katie and have followed her film career so I don't think of her as years ago on Dawson's still...plus she has same natural coloring as Edie and her voice is floaty and soft like Edie's...I think she can pull off the aristocratic yet child-like thing that made Edie fascinating. Katie is a good actress and she has already filmed the very very high-profile role of Batman's girlfriend in this summer's Batman, has worked with Sam Raimi and Ang Lee before so I don't think it fair to say she only can get a part now b/c she started dating Tom Cruise .
Oh yeah, I saw that movie. It was really weird(but in a good way) her character started off very goody-goody (like on Dawson's Creek) and I thought I was watching a typical teen thriller. Then through flashbacks and stuff you realize that she isn't who you thought she was, and she isn't even who SHE thinks she is. It really plays with the way people percieve her.

12-05-2005
front row

I don't think she resembles Edie at all... I actually thought Sienna might have been good, she was excellent in Alfie (Layer Cake comes out in the states soon)... I do like Katie Holmes and appreciate her as an actress and saw her in person in the airport once and she has not an ounce of "breakable" about her that Edie had, that delicateness... This could still be a rumor though.

12-05-2005
backstage pass

I can't stand Sienna Miller!
I think Winona would be perfect for the role!

12-05-2005
Been things & seen places

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastes_like_chic
I can't stand Sienna Miller!
I think Winona would be perfect for the role!
i don't i have met her a few times and she is too pear shaped, too short, too west-coast crunchy hippie speak- nothing urbane/sophisticated about her, and a bit too old. i like winona but that is how i see it.
edie was a mix of fragile softness and sophisticated blueblood/eastcoast city girl...katie is more appropriate if this rumour is true

13-05-2005
kabhi alvida

I don't think it's a coincidence that Katie is now apparently dating Tom Cruise and then she gets signed for this movie, which no member of an average audience would have given her. She may have been in a lot of Indie films but her last mainstream role was playing a preppy, college bound First Daughter. I guess the publicity helped.

trendsetter

It's official now! Katie is Edie. also Guy Pearce, Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are set to be in the movie as well. It's kinda ironic- a movie about an "it" girl set to be played by an "it" girl but is replaced by an even bigger "it" girl. I think warhol would be amused.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/goss...p-264487c.html

13-05-2005
backstage pass

Oh come on!! Droopy face can't play Edie bah

13-05-2005
kabhi alvida

One of the movie's producers told a reporter at Cannes it's a shame because Sienna was "born to play Edie". For all those who think she was dropped, she wasn't-the movie apparently had financing problems which is why it kept getting delayed, and then she took the theatre role.

scenester

i was looking forward to seeind sienna play this role but just think yourselves lucky thats shes not..can you imagine all the sienna lookalikes will the turn into edie lookalikes!now that would not be good!

17-05-2005
backstage pass

Katie Holmes has that ugly wonky eye thing going-just like Paris Hilton.I will not be seeing this movie IF it gets made and put out.Gavin-blek!Gwen-blek!Katie-blek!The Warhol actor-absolutely NO WAY!
THIS HAS TURNED INTO A BIG DISASTER.....

19-05-2005
V.I.P.

Just b/c a person doesn't have a physical resemblence to the person they play doesn't mean that they can't do it. Did Charlize Theron look like Aileen Wurnos before she did "Monster"? Far from it, but she was believeable in the movie. Nicole Kidman looks nothing like Virginia Woolf in real life but she transformed herself for "The Hours". In "The Aviator" we were able to accept Leonardo DiCaprio as Howard Hughes and Cate Blanchett as Katherine Hepurn despite the lack of physical resemblence. Ultimately pulling it off it depends on the talent and commitment of the actor (as well as make-up crew in some cases). Whether Katie has the acting chops (and level of dedication) remains to be seen. Her background in indie films is a good sign. I think this will be interesting to see.

19-05-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossibleprincess
I don't think it's a coincidence that Katie is now apparently dating Tom Cruise and then she gets signed for this movie, which no member of an average audience would have given her. She may have been in a lot of Indie films but her last mainstream role was playing a preppy, college bound First Daughter. I guess the publicity helped.
props...my thoughts exactly.

V.I.P.

hahaha, i love to hear that they dropped sienna!
she only became famous as the girlfriend of jude, and her acting is really bad.....
i expect her to stay in the public eye for just as long as she's with jude, other than that she had nothing better to deliver.....

Last edited by liberty33r1b; 20-05-2005 at 02:19 PM.
20-05-2005
front row

OmG I'm LyKe SoOoO eXcItEd ThAt LyKe My FaVoUrItE DaWsOn'S CrEeK cHaRaCtEr iZ iN a MoViE!i!i!

20-05-2005
backstage pass

Thank god.
I don't want to se more of her or her bad acting.

Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
edie, kicked, movie, sienna