Spears defends baby car photos - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
07-02-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra Skye18
"Because of a recent incident when I was trapped in my car without my baby by a throng of paparazzi, I was terrified that this time the physically aggressive paparazzi would put both me and my baby in danger," she said.
"I instinctively took measures to get my baby and me out of harm's way, but the paparazzi continued to stalk us, and took photos of us which were sold to the media.

"I love my child and would do anything to protect him."

Mmm Hmm....I don't doubt that Britney loves her child, yet why didn't she take the safety measures to protect her child by putting him in his car seat?

The paparazzi are a bit crazy but they are not gun totting outlaws. What was she protecting Sean from...a flashing light? She thought protecting him was to put his fragile body between her and a steering wheel that can trigger off an air bag?

Come on Britney, its one thing when you dress like a hobo and refuse to comb your ratty hair, those things can be forgivable with time (haha) but its quite another when you act like a dumbass and put not only your child in danger but everyone else who is on the road.

Lastly her story of being terrified holds no weight when looking at one of the pictures and shes cheesing. (see below) I wouldn't even doubt if she was just cruising along and the paps happened to catch her driving with Sean on her lap or perhaps she thought it would make a good photo op Ya'll.

{Credit ^ Lolitabonita Britney Style Star thread}

It makes me feel ill to look at that picture because she is smiling in it.

Yeah, I'm sure she was scared.

07-02-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
It makes me feel ill to look at that picture because she is smiling in it.

Yeah, I'm sure she was scared.
I know right....

Infact looking at all of the pictures she has a very blase attitude. I see not an inkling of worry on her face or her being in danger.

Again I wonder what was she protecting Sean from? Hell she can't even protect herself since she isn't wearing a seat belt. Britney shouldn't be able to watch over a goldfish let alone a child also that guy in the passenger seat is one of her bodyguards...Oh Britney.

Britney: 'I Love My Child'

Tuesday Feb 07, 2006 12:10am EST

CREDIT: X17

On Monday, photos surfaced of Britney Spears driving her SUV in Malibu with her son, Sean Preston, sitting on her lap behind the wheel. The pictures raised obvious questions because her young son was not in a car seat.

A source close to Spears explains that the singer drove to Starbucks with her bodyguard in the passenger seat and son Sean in his car seat in the back. When the bodyguard went into the store to get the drinks, Spears took Sean out of his car seat and held him in her lap while she waited. Photographers approached the car, says the source, and became aggressive. Once her bodyguard climbed back into the car, Spears drove away while still holding her son.

Spears explains her actions in an exclusive statement to People magazine:

"Today I had a horrifying, frightful encounter with the paparazzi while I was with my baby. Because of a recent incident when I was trapped in my car without my baby by a throng of paparazzi, I was terrified that this time the physically aggressive paparazzi would put both me and my baby in danger. I instinctively took measures to get my baby and me out of harm's way, but the paparazzi continued to stalk us, and took photos of us which were sold to the media. I love my child and would do anything to protect him."

{Source: http://people.aol.com/people/article...157153,00.html }

She couldn't buckle up little Sean but I bet she made sure her coffee was secure in its cup holder.

Day Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
What does MJ mean? Sorry, I'm behind on the times.
lol.. it's all good. I meant Michael Jackson move.

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AndoraStar*
lol.. it's all good. I meant Michael Jackson move.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about the hanging baby incident.

Sometimes I feel that having governments require people to have a parenting license before they go and make babies is not a silly idea at all.

07-02-2006
trendsetter

that's just awful.
I've kind-of defended her actions/style in the past 2 years as just being naieve, not-very-intelligent but well intended girl... now I have lost any respect for her. that was absolutely dangerous what she did and she deserves to be severely repremanded.

07-02-2006
Deep Red Bells

I bet even KFed knows better than this!
Bad move Britney.

07-02-2006
God Save McQueen

****ing idiot.

i mean, its one thing to be stupid (which she is) and its another to do stuff like this which is just ugh. that makes me so mad.

07-02-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
I bet even KFed knows better than this!
Haha, probably.

Speaking of the ghetto boy...I think I heard somewhere that Kevin tried to get the baby's ears pierced

tfs star

what i find interesting is the statement she released, that doesnt sound like britney talk y'all!

NOE
trendsetter

I don't believe her little story. She has a bodyguard next to her... and as someone mentioned, she's smiling.

SOCIALLIFE (as orginally posted by LOLITABONITA )

NOE
trendsetter

plus, it doesn't even look like she has her seat belt on

front row

what a dumb ***

07-02-2006
windowshopping

Wasn't there also an incident a few months ago, where her and KFed went out drinking and left the baby in the back seat?

07-02-2006
fashion icon

Wouldn't anyone else doing this in North America be charged with reckless endangerment of an infant?

07-02-2006
trendsetter

she probaby didn't give the baby to her bodyguard because he was holding her starbucks

I'm disgusted

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
baby, car, defends, photos, spears