How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-12-2012
clever ain't wise

^And what would that be based on? Everyone's wish to tear down successful women?

18-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
^And what would that be based on? Everyone's wish to tear down successful women?
See below I came across it inadvertently when I was looking at the gun control petitions. I was rather surprised, actually. But there are lots of strange and inflammatory petitions at the website. Here's the rationale for the Wintour one:

Quote:
Drop Anna Wintour from the list of possible ambassadors to the United Kingdom or France
Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of Vogue, is the worst possible choice for President Obama to nominate as an ambassador to either the United Kingdom or France.

Wintour has endorsed the egregiously cruel fur industry for decades. She shamelessly promotes fur in every issue of Vogue and she often insists that the young designers she mentors use fur. Anna Wintour is directly responsible for the killing of millions of animals. Each year over 50 million animals, including millions of dogs and cats, are killed for their fur worldwide.

Anna Wintour’s lack of compassion and open support of animal cruelty make her a particularly poor choice to represent Americans in either the United Kingdom or France. All three of these countries are nations of animal lovers.

Created: Dec 05, 2012
Issues: Arts and Humanities, Foreign Policy, Human Rights
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rance/NB753TQk

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
18-12-2012
Power to the 99%

^ Fur in every issue of Vogue? Even July and August? I didn't realize ...

19-12-2012
fashion icon

That petition is ridiculous, there are far more pressing matters to worry about then trying to sabotage Anna Wintour's rumored ambassadorship appointment. And the reasoning behind why she shouldn't be appointed is foolish (and I say this as vegetarian too...). It's actually really sad how low people are willing to stoop just to try an ensure that a women doesn't gain more prestige and power.

Power to the 99%

^ Well, the person who wrote this petition is probably genuinely viewing the whole world, including Anna, through the filter of fur ...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ambassador, anna, speculation, wintour