How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2003
yes

HALLE BERRY is separating from her husband of almost three years, singer ERIC BENET.

In a statement to ET, Halle said, "Eric and I have had marital problems for some time now and have tried to work things out together. However, at this point, I feel we need time apart to reevaluate our union. We ask that you respect our privacy as we are going through this emotional time."

The couple were married in a private ceremony in January 2001, but were subsequently plagued by rumors in the press of Benet's serial infidelity and their attempts to save their union through counseling. The couple have no children of their own, although Benet has a daughter, INDIA, from a previous relationship, which Halle adopted.

02-10-2003
tgp
fashion elite

very sad, esp. for India.

02-10-2003
rising star

I knew it was over when Halle openly quoted in this months' Vogue
that she married Erick because she knew he would be a good father. Uh, what happened to marrying for love. Also, have you read the rumors of her and Fred Durst getting close???

02-10-2003
tfs star

I say it was Monster's Ball what did it!

02-10-2003
trendsetter

Yes very sad indeed, but she'll bounce back. Down with insecure men who can't handle being with a woman of her caliber Its not her fault his music career has never really blossomed into something bigger than gold records. I like his voice, but maybe if he would've stopped the sex addictions, cheating, and whining and actually recorded a new album things would be different for him HMPF! I dunno marriage doesn't seem to be that sacred anymore to anyone.

LOL...I know entirely too much about these people's lives

backstage pass

some men are just unbelievable. i mean, he's married to one of the sexiest, most beautiful women in the world who's also a super-star, and he's STILL
wants to cheat!

02-10-2003
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Serena@Oct 2nd, 2003 - 10:41 am
some men are just unbelievable. i mean, he's married to one of the sexiest, most beautiful women in the world who's also a super-star, and he's STILL
wants to cheat!
Some men are serial cheaters - it's not about love or the woman, it's about insecurity and power

02-10-2003
rising star

everyone knows eric got up from his seat walked out of the theater during halle's sex scene with billy bob. if i was a man, i woulda walked out too if i saw my wife being so pervertedly groped by another man! yes it comes with the acting territory but still, the blame should be shared.

i read too much page six

02-10-2003
tfs star

halle's husband is a disgusting pig.

everytime i hear him talk in an interview... i just cringe.

i am no halle fan, but she should not have to be married to such sleaze.

02-10-2003
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by giselakas@Oct 2nd, 2003 - 12:36 pm
everyone knows eric got up from his seat walked out of the theater during halle's sex scene with billy bob. if i was a man, i woulda walked out too if i saw my wife being so pervertedly groped by another man! yes it comes with the acting territory but still, the blame should be shared.

i read too much page six
Like he didn't know she had done a sex scene until he saw it up on the screen??? Give me a break, there's no "blame" to be shared. It's ACTING. it's her JOB. If he really couldn't deal with her part in Monster's Ball and figure out what's real and what isn't he shouldn't have stayed his insecure *ss at home!

02-10-2003
V.I.P.

Finally! I was reading some report about his cheating and thinking what's a woman like her doing with a piece of **** like him.
Serves him right.
Chuh.

backstage pass

ooo i just wanna smack the back of his head really really hard
i can't deal with infidelity.

02-10-2003
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

She was five times better looking than him, anyway.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cheater, halle, husband, splitzville