How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-02-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Sorry, I see no difference really between their faces. Possibly the nose which may indeed be a bit more refined on Candice. Anyway, give Kate a month or two doing the high fashion model regimen and I'm sure her features would become more severe as well.
I have to respectfully disagree here. Candice is a total bombshell. Put her any a room with other blonde haired, blue eyed girls, and all the guys would be fawning over her. I went to high school with about 25 Kate Uptons. Of course, this is just my opinion on the Candice vs. Kate thing.

As for as the whole VS debacle- didn't Kate pose in a VS catalogue? I know it's not as big at the VSFS, but why would anyone insult a model that helped you sell merch? And I don't blame Kate for retaliating back. I don't think she deserved the cover, but she still has the right to defend herself & speak her mind.

18-02-2012
tfs star

VS is not anything but trashy (pays well though)
full natural breasts are not trashy or vulgar (not accepted on runway though)

It is hilarious that VS uses runway girls who need to stuff their already-padded bras with cutlets to make it work.

18-02-2012
front row

Here's Kate for V Mag, for all those who think that Kate her tits -and i agree, they're to die for- can't do fashion plus recent candids from events where she looks pretty damn good & zero trashy/vulgar.

I found pathetic the fact that people thinks that just because she's blonde with big breast she's trashy. Sad, sad, sad. Kate would be the perfect VS Angel because she has what most of their current Angels lack of: Personality.

18-02-2012
V.I.P.

Kateīs Guess ads, how are they different from VS?! in any case we could argue that Kate looks classier in the ads than a lot of girls do in VSīs...
I have nothing against the brand but I find hilarious that they would consider themselves high fashion or something other than a trashy lingerie brand LOL
Sophia sounds like a scorned woman...

stylebistro.com/fox.com.au

Last edited by kokobombon; 18-02-2012 at 08:59 PM.
18-02-2012
fashion insider

I don't see how Candice is so different from Kate, nor do I see why Sophia thought it was necessary to make those comments.

tfs star

In my previous comment I criticized VS.
But after looking those pics of Kate all I have to say is: You Mark Sanchez lucky S.O.B.!!!

fashion elite

There's a big difference between sensuality and sexuality. In my opinion, VS is all about being sensual. The girls are being paid to sell the clothes, not "sex". SI is about selling sexuality. That being said, I kind of agree with Neophitou's comment. It may not have been the nicest way of saying it, but it's kinda true.

18-02-2012
backstage pass

I agree with Sophia that VSFS should never use her, because she just doesn't really look like she would fit it on the catwalk.. but it is a bit mean :/

19-02-2012
V.I.P.

Candice has a more beautiful face , honestly.. Kate Upton is more girl next door. Meh why is this news anyway LOL , people insult each other all the time in the fashion industry

Last edited by WerbowyStegner; 19-02-2012 at 12:55 AM.
19-02-2012
doldrums

The comment was mean but meanness is expected. Kate and Candice do have a similar and commercial/marketable look.

19-02-2012
backstage pass

There is some underlying sense in Neophitou's comments but the way in which she phrases them is both unkind and unprofessional.

Kate is a beautiful girl but she isn't 'high fashion enough' to appear in a VS show. This isn't a bad thing, though. She's a real woman with a stunning figure. I actually liken her quite a bit to Marissa Miller who did similar SI and page three-ish work in her time. Some of the comments in this thread are a bit difficult to read, though. What's wrong with being a model and directing yourself towards a commercial fanbase? If that's the career direction that Upton's looking at, power to her. I love the fact that she's an American Football fan and seems quite down to earth.

However, I do have a bit of an issue with page three girls and how they present women to men. VS markets mainly to women and although deeply flawed tries to empower girls to a degree. Their sexy-aesthetics is more high fashion and artistic than SI or Playboy. Those sort of publications can present women as vulnerable and set unrealistic expectations.

Last edited by mimirose; 19-02-2012 at 10:39 AM.
19-02-2012
front row

I really don't see the difference between Kate topless in SI and Candice being topless in a VS catalog because both are selling sex. I think that Kate shouldn't have responded to Sophia's comments about her not walking for VSFS.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Trends; 19-02-2012 at 01:11 PM.
19-02-2012
God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Well, you're wrong. Cheap, yes. Artificial, not really - not if you consider the body parts at least. The VS girls, most of them, are far more artificial. And, no, sorry, just because VS tries to be classier by having models with "high fashion figures", that doesn't necessarily mean that it's subtler. It's just more painful and forced - artificial in fact.
Exactly. When you compare to the VS women who have, by and large, fake boobs, fake noses, fake hair, etc, Kate is natural.

I think its so wrong to attack this woman as artificial or cheap because she has a natural large bust. I have never seen a candid/red carpet photo/press photo of her during the recent press blitz where she is dressed inappropriately or cheap. It is insulting to suggest she is skanky or trashy because of her natural looks.

And as for VS, I really think they need to get off their high horse. Yes, these days they pull their models mostly from high fashion and high fashion models don't do swimsuit, but in the 90s almost all their girls were the same as SI girls. Daniela Pestova, Tyra, Heidi, Stephanie Seymour, Karen Mulder, Laetitia Casta.

And VS cannot really call anyone cheap when they had Heidi represent them for so many years. How different is she than Kate? What makes her so classy and Kate so cheap? Fake boobs that don't giggle?

Last edited by masquerade; 19-02-2012 at 02:27 PM.
19-02-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

well VS used Marissa for their shows and made her an andel and IMO you cant go more bombshell than Marissa so I dont understand what this woman was high on. If Kate were to be shot in a more ideal high fashion setting am pretty sure she can pull off a less bombshell look. Before Candice and Miranda Kerr started doing HF work many saw them as a VS bombshell types but after the fashion world embraced them suddenly everyone changed their tune. No one has seen her in any other work other than VS catalogues, SI and Guess plus she does have that natural cornfed all American sexiness that was common with the supermodels so we have to wait to fully judge
I cant wait for her work in V

i see some potential pics kateupton.com and geekrevolt.com

19-02-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i love those V pics!

lets compare Kate and Marissa who has been an angel before

pics geekrevolt.com modelinia.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cover, girl, kate, neophitou, si, slams, sophia, stylist, upton