How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-11-2010
Looking Up

^ See I was watching one of her music videos today and I know nothing about her but I also got received the same impression that you refer to. She seems far too contrived and appears to worship the grunge/bad bitch image too much, to the point where she thinks she IS one. When you're 16/17 how bad can you be?

17-11-2010
V.I.P.

^ I'd have more respect for her if she started hanging out with a motorcycle gang or something- hard to be convincing in this image if you're staying at the Marriott Marquis and traveling by private limo... It would just be silly teenage stuff if her big mouth didn't always have something stupid and rude to add to the story...I have always thought she is talented but she turns people off and it overshadows what she is doing....

19-11-2010
windowshopping

why is there so much hate? i think she is just going through her rebellious teenage stage. it will pass soon enough. she looked great in #122

19-11-2010
Looking Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I have always thought she is talented but she turns people off and it overshadows what she is doing....
Exactly! I saw her in her music video and she has a good voice and seems to perform really well. But she's more bratty than badass to be honest.

20-11-2010
V.I.P.

Explaining it all....

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-nation...the-soup-video

21-11-2010
rising star

I think she just wants to underlie Little J image and to impress. Jenny is bad so Taylor have to be bad, too.

23-11-2010
front row

Kelly Osbourne recently said Taylor was a classic case of a girl screaming out to find her own identity. She also said the reason Momsen’s parents haven't stopped her is because their daughter is the one paying their bills.

Sources also say Momsen requested a fully-stocked bar in her dressing room for one of her recent shows in New York. "That was rejected - she's underage!" said an insider.

Source: both media.hollyscoop.com

Am I the only one who thinks that her boobs look kinda huge compared to the rest of her body? At least the bra she's wearing in this pic doesn't look like a Push-up bra.

23-11-2010
V.I.P.

Momsen requested a fully-stocked bar in her dressing room for one of her recent shows in New York. "That was rejected - she's underage!"

Ridiculous! Don't they know the rules don't apply to her!! Geeze- some people; they just ain't Rock & Roll, man!
(Of course her band-mates did have the bar so it made no difference anyway...)

23-11-2010
windowshopping

I have no idea what Taylor's personality is like so I would never judge her on that. but her fashion sense...its like Halloween every day!! Hahaha i just read rox yr sox comment love it!!! "she is about as rock'n'roll as boiled cabbage."

one of my fave blogs ever - i nearly wet myself laughing at their posts!! check taylor's grimyness out here: http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/go...rself/cat_861/

Quote:
Originally Posted by #strawberry# View Post
Kelly Osbourne recently said Taylor was a classic case of a girl screaming out to find her own identity. She also said the reason Momsen’s parents haven't stopped her is because their daughter is the one paying their bills.

Sources also say Momsen requested a fully-stocked bar in her dressing room for one of her recent shows in New York. "That was rejected - she's underage!" said an insider.

*please do not quote images*

Source: both media.hollyscoop.com

Am I the only one who thinks that her boobs look kinda huge compared to the rest of her body? At least the bra she's wearing in this pic doesn't look like a Push-up bra.
oh no it is a push up bra.. the celeb buzz blog i posted says it is... i dunno if it true but i think it looks like a push-up.

Last edited by sethii; 25-11-2010 at 06:48 AM.

23-11-2010
Looking Up

I think her breasts look alright. They look squashed that's all.
Taylor is like..really.....hot.

28-11-2010
trendsetter

Oh, Taylor. I don't obsess over her like I l do Leighton and sometimes Blake, but I just read through this thread and am speechless. What parent lets their underage daughter walk around in lingerie? For that matter, what parent lets their child say and do some of the things Taylor has said?

I'm a little torn though. On one hand, I am glad she is being open about her sexuality (and has a healthy attitude about it considering the show she is--as much as I love GG, it is very sexist in its attitude towards sex and relationships). On the other hand, she is TOO young to be flaunting herself in this way. Leighton and Blake have embraced the see-through skirt/dress/pant trend and have done racy photoshoots, but they are in their 20s.

Maybe Madonna will be able to reign her in.

05-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Is Taylor Momsen Mirroring Christina Aguilera?
By Rebecca Macatee Posted Dec 4th 2010 03:00PM

Pop-Ed: It's a good thing those rumors of Taylor Momsen leaving 'Gossip Girl' are completely untrue. I'd miss seeing Taylor as 'Easy J', even though her character's emotional roller coasters on the show are nothing compared to the drama she creates for herself in real life. But as hard as Taylor tries to be the bad girl of Hollywood, I'm willing to bet she's a relatively normal teenager who just happens to be milking an image gimmick for all its worth.

The adorable little girl who once played Cindy Lou Who in 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' is on a mission to prove, with enough eyeliner and lingerie, that she's anything but sweet and innocent now. Whether she's publicly professing her love of vibrators, joking about sleeping with a priest, or proudly claiming to have set her dog's testicles on fire, she's desperate to let us all know she's, "...not looking to be Miley f*cking Cyrus."

She's blamed her parents for robbing her of a childhood, signing her up with a modeling agency at the age of two and giving her no choice but to work nonstop through adolescence. Most 17-year-olds on the cusp of freedom from mom and dad's rules don't get their outlandish statements and regrettable fashion choices published in the tabloids, but Taylor's restlessness and rebelliousness are pretty typical for kids her age.

Taylor's compulsive need to differentiate herself from her Hollywood peers and hyper sexualize herself reminds me very much of a younger, wilder Christina Aguilera.

Back in 2002, Christina stripped down from her demure, "Genie in a Bottle" image and debuted a racy, controversial video for her hit single, "Dirrty."

With this new song, Christina happily embraced being the naughty girl of Hollywood. While Britney Spears was still selling us wholesome pop hits and keeping up a fully clothed, girl-next-door image, Christina wore barely-there lingerie, a department store's worth of heavy makeup, and sung about wanting to have consequence-free, wild, "dirrty" sex.

Still, as we saw soon after, Christina didn't fall off the deep end or suffer a public breakdown. Her wild, partying ways were just a marketing ploy, sexualizing herself to sell more records, while her real life remained relatively tame and mature. Her squeaky clean peer, Britney Spears, however, suffered emotional and psychological breakdowns that nearly cost her career and life.

So maybe Taylor Momsen's out of control antics are getting that rebellion out of her system, and in real life, she's still more Cindy Lou Who than Courtney Love. After all, appearances can be deceiving, especially in Hollywood. It's Disney princess Demi Lovato, who wore a purity ring and once dated Joe Jonas, that's now seeking emotional treatment after her near-breakdown. And Taylor Momsen, the angst-filled, dark and disturbed princess of bleach and mascara, still seems to be working, healthy, and staying out of any actual trouble. She's obviously a talented young woman with great potential. I just hope she takes the Christina route with her career and doesn't ever actually become the bona fide bad girl she wants us to believe she already is.
http://www.popeater.com/2010/12/04/t...tina-aguilera/

I think she makes a good point here. I definitely don't see Taylor doing bad stuff IRL other than smoking. She probably doesn't even date or party a lot.

05-12-2010
windowshopping

To be honest, I don't get all the hating and anger.
Most teenagers go through that rebellious phase. Most have more restrictions though (don't just blame it on the parents), they go to school and live a 'normal' life with stricter rules to follow.

Taylor is making choices, that she will most likely regret in a couple of years. She is seriously unlucky with the media following every single step of hers; I'm glad my teen angst/identity crisis phase wasn't put out there to everyone's attention (even though I wasn't walking around in lingerie )
I think that is what bothers me most: All the attention.
Just let her be and don't make a headline out of everything. The common shock about her behaviour, style, attitude etc. is just fueling the fire.

05-12-2010
V.I.P.

still seems to be working, healthy

She is as good as off of her major TV series, demands a full bar in her dressing room and appears to be in some other universe when she is out and about, flashing her personal parts on stage dressed like a hooker. I think Tim Gunn's observations about working with her showed a lot more of what people in the industry think of her these days...Healthy teenage rebellion indeed- how about career suicide?...

10-12-2010
V.I.P.

Taylor Momsen: From Grinch to grunge

She's the child movie star who ended up a superbitch in Gossip Girl. But all Taylor Momsen wants to do is rock. Hermione Hoby talks to the 17-year-old about fame, her band, shocking photographs – and masturbation

read here http://gu.com/p/2yy55 (too troublesome to fix the formatting and post here)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
momsen, news, taylor