How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-10-2010
V.I.P.

Taylor Momsen took some time off from flashing her under-aged goods to put on clothes and return as Jenny Humprey on Gossip Girl. Her behavior on set pissed off Tim Gunn, starring in a cameo role as himself, who called her a "diva" after filming. "She was pathetic, she couldn't remember her lines, and she didn't even have that many. I thought to myself, 'why are we all being held hostage by this brat?'"-
And thus the verbal war began. The episode aired for the first time last night and instead of angry chemistry filled with hate and rage it seemed...
Blah. Flat and unrehearsed by both parties. Sure Tim isn't known for his animated expressiveness, but I still think he could make it work better than this. In this clip it seems like neither know their lines. Jenny/Taylor seems bored, possibly hungover.
Jenny is having an interview with Tim to help her get into Parsons. She must show him her collection, but OMG, it's been defaced by Blair's friends to spell the word "Whore." Not so high fashion. Tim is upset, but Chuck invites Jenny to an Observer party at the Boom Boom Room and Tim happens to be attending (along with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner in cameo form). Jenny is able to apologize and the scene comes off better than the first with slightly more emotion and an underlying edge of strain between the pair.
But unless you were looking for something, you probably wouldn't see it. Would you agree? Was Tim's performance zombie-like even for him? Have I merely forgotten how stiff Taylor can be when restricted by pants?

Guest of a Guest

29-10-2010
V.I.P.

How can she breath??

Taylor Momsen 2010-10-26 - playing at the Roxy theatre in Hollywood

celebrity-paradise.com

30-10-2010
V.I.P.

You should see how her mother dresses! She looks like a biker chick.

30-10-2010
V.I.P.

^ahahah... like mother like daughter...i can't decide which couple is the best..Taylor&her mom or Lindsay&Dina

30-10-2010
V.I.P.

^ I'm going with Dina then; she looks like she understands what a shower is all about....

31-10-2010
trendsetter

Maybe her mum understands that whatever Taylor does, all the antics and shenanigans are only a part of an act. Maybe the "real" Taylor isn't really the person she tries (too hard, perhaps) to make everyone believe she is. She'll rake in the moolah and the all the much desired publicity, which really is all showbiz is about, innit? Both fashion and Hollywood aren't strangers to nudity, so don't exposing your gaffer-taped tits or barely covering your tits on the cover of Vanity Fair or Vogue Paris cover sort of boil down to the same thing, really? That's the only logical explanation I can come up with as to why her mum would be perfectly OK with her gigs.

The other obvious conclusion one can draw is that they're both avaricious, money-obsessed scumbags who don't give a toss about really anything else.

31-10-2010
scenester

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_0AR58QKIU

hm, not all that impressive. i love taylor's character, but more in the first two seasons than now. i think her off-screen antics have kind of swayed my opinion of her on-screen.

that being said i really love her new album and i think she's very confident in herself which i love. i think she should tone down on the eyeliner however, it makes her look... drugged/hungover 24/7.

02-11-2010
V.I.P.

Looks like they decided to redo the Stones Theatre of Blood...from around 1982!! Good job, guys...

http://starcasm.net/archives/71351?u...%28Starcasm%29

02-11-2010
rising star

^ first video of hers I've ever watched.
She looks like she's trying so hard. It's like she's taken cliches from the goth/alternative scenes and tried to work bad versions of them into her appearance. There are far nicer latex dresses out there, and the sub. collar just tops it all off. Inappropriate for her age or not, it just looks like she's trying to find an identity for herself.

I'm sure in a couple of years she'll look back and laugh/cringe. That or she'll be doomed to appearing like an experimental teenager forever.

02-11-2010
tfs star

the new video is actually pretty good, and also the song.

appart from the attitude she presents to the media that i dont really like, the rest of her is pretty good.

06-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
An Open Letter to Fashionista: Quit Writing About Taylor Momsen
By John Ortved a day ago

A little background: John is our go-to menswear writer. We like to write about Taylor Momsen a bit too frequently. He’s annoyed. We respect his opinion. That’s why we’re publishing it. Also, it’s just another reason to bring up Taylor.

To the editors of Fashionista (Lauren and Leah, let’s not pretend we don’t know each other),

This letter is difficult for me to write, not because my heart isn’t in it, but because the subject—Taylor Momsen—has already had far too much attention from media outlets, including this one, and I am reluctant to keep feeding the beast.

I am greatly disappointed and a little disgusted at Fashionista’s continued coverage of Taylor Momsen and her band, The Pretty Reckless. Momsen’s cultivated, “shocking” antics and irresponsible behavior should earn the starlet anonymity, not attention.

I am not someone who normally goes around telling people what they should or shouldn’t say, but I write about young Hollywood, and I am particularly concerned with the current celebration of this fabricated, irresponsible little phony. Originally, I wrote off her new rocker adventure as just another starlet, accompanied by legions of producers and songwriters, taking her irrepressible talent to the recording studio—just like Lindsay Lohan, Jared Leto and Heidi Montag before her—and I paid her no mind.

Momsen’s carefully placed quotes—meant to bolster her no-bull****, rocker persona, like cursing on a morning show, and telling FHM “I am not Miley ****ing Cyrus”—were ridiculous, but harmless. She said that she’d like to be considered closer to Kurt Cobain—a notion as fantastic as it was laughable for anyone who lived during the grunge era, has listened to Nirvana’s music, or ever been to a rock show of any kind (ironically, it was Courtney Love who mocked her openly on stage at Alex Wang’s after party in 2009)—than the teeny boppers she was being lumped in
with. Judging by audience size, bank account and media attention, Taylor Momsen is certainly not Miley Cyrus; unfortunately judging by the age of her fans, she is.

With her ripped tights, raccoon makeup and faux hard sound, Momsen looked to be just another teen industry hoping to broaden her appeal from TV to music, sniffing out her own little niche in the pre-teen psyche. Fine.

And then she released this little gem to the press: “I dress like a high-class hooker.”

The majority of Momsen’s audience is made up teens and tweens, which she and her handlers know full-well, and to endorse and glamorize prostitution in any way is reprehensible and irresponsible beyond belief. Many people do not know that the average age of a sex worker during their first year of prostitution is 14 years old. And we’re not talking about Vietnam. That’s in America.

Prostitution, whether it’s “high-class” or not, should not be glorified in any way, especially not to impressionable young women and girls. It is not about a sartorial style or getting media attention because you brought down a governor, it is about coercion, poverty, drug addiction and child rape.

This isn’t a debate about sexualizing youth, or Momsen’s freedom to behave, dress, and give quotes however she pleases. Nor at issue is whether the mistakes of a 17-year-old, and her handlers, who have sought out the public eye, should be scorned publicly. This is a critique of our own industry, for its inability to resist the temptation to cover anything that will get us uniques and page views. Fashionista is a blog, yes, but it is also better than this.

Momsen and her people’s conscious effort to cultivate a trashy rocker vibe, which include her dress, makeup, and stage antics shouldn’t be dissected by sites like Fashionista, they should be treated as they are: the petulant, rehearsed theatrics of an indulged adolescent.

No trip to the principal’s office or the woodshed; no grounding or threats necessary; all we should do is ignore her.

Sincerely,

John Ortved
fashionista.com

06-11-2010
Rebaptising my badness

^ Beautifully written.

Quote:
With her ripped tights, raccoon makeup and faux hard sound
This guy is my hero.

06-11-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by farou7a View Post
Prostitution, whether it’s “high-class” or not, should not be glorified in any way, especially not to impressionable young women and girls. It is not about a sartorial style or getting media attention because you brought down a governor, it is about coercion, poverty, drug addiction and child rape.
fashionista.com
I like that part. I hate seeing prostitution diabolized about as much as I hate seeing it glamorized, the subject is way too sensitive. I wish this young girl would read this message, it might makes her think.

06-11-2010
V.I.P.

He certainly stated the truth. Im glad they published it.

06-11-2010
tfs star

Thank you John Ortved!!!

Most of the time I try to refrain from posting things about her but I do it sometimes because Momsen really does shock people with her 'antics'. Though some people are giving her too much benefit of the doubt with the whole age thing saying she's young and 'experimenting' etc. I understand that there is a given percentage of teenagers who act of similar (or to a lesser degree because her fame heightens her extremity)to Momsen but there's also a much larger percentage who doesn't and who actually does has some ounce of common sense...though I might be generalising.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
momsen, news, taylor