How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-10-2010
backstage pass

^Publicity

Quote:
Taylor Swift & Jake Gyllenhaal: Keeping It Casual?
By K.C. Baker and Sara Hammel
Tuesday October 26, 2010 05:25 PM EDT

Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift set the rumor mill abuzz after they spent a fun-packed weekend in New York together, but at this point sources say their relationship is unlikely to get serious.

Swift, 20, has just released a new album, Speak Now, and isn't in a position to get entangled in a romance, according to a source close to the singer.

"Taylor is very serious about her career," the source tells PEOPLE. "For her, it's all about the career right now. She's not really interested in getting heavily involved with anyone."

Even after this weekend's social events – which included a visit to Saturday Night Live set and a friendly brunch in Brooklyn – the two are just hanging out for now, a Gyllenhaal source agrees.

"They're cute together," says a source close to Gyllenhaal, 29. "But I don't think there's anything to it. Everyone's talking about it. They hung out. But that's it. I don't think they're a couple."

Whether romance blossoms between the two remains to be seen, although the Swift source predicts she'll look outside the entertainment business for long-term love.

"If she does have a serious relationship, it's probably going to be with someone who's not in the industry or someone who's not a household name," the source says. "With Jake, she probably figures, why not be seen together and keep everyone guessing."

Swift's rep couldn't be reached for comment.

People.com
Don't be thrown by the fact Swift's reps won't comment. I'm a follower of Taylor and trust me when I tell you, Taylor's reps NEVER comment on her personal life. Even if she and the guy-of-the-moment are just friends, they never comment.

Last edited by Gooner 4 Lyfe; 30-10-2010 at 12:26 PM.

30-10-2010
V.I.P.

The fascination with either of these folks is mind boggling, granted Gyllenhal is extremely talented, imo, but Swift? Her brand of watered down bubble gum pop masquerading as country is laughable. Melted vanilla ice cream has more nuance than she.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
Jake Gyllenhaal is not gay. There's not a homosexual bone in his body. *no pun intended*

If he was gay, I would still love him just as much, but you can tell that he's not.

I think it's a little dumb for people to assume he's gay based on some dumb blind vice, because 99% of blind vices tend to be about celebrities' sexuality. Most of them are created just to shock people. They choose the most masculine guys and say they're gay, because they know it will cause a controversy. Some of them very well may be true, but Jake Gyllenhaal is straight. All you have to do is watch him in interviews...100% straight.
Funniest post ever! You can tell he's straight by his interviews?Amazing.

30-10-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyshambles View Post
...how can he go from a grown-up woman like reese to her?
... from one closet to the next.

31-10-2010
front row

This is all very shocking for me.
I am so naive as to have been shocked by the pairing but when you say she has a new album and he has a new movie, it all makes sense. Although, I am a little hurt by Jake about this. I didn't think he was like that
As for the gay rumours - I don't believe you can tell he's not gay from his interviews. But why would an actor from a liberal and arty family not be out? He's 29. Ok so Hollywood doesn't love the gays but he's a big enough name now that he'd still have box office pull if he came out.
I don't believe it and it's not because I live in some delusional hope that he'll meet me and fall madly in love one day (but let's not rule out this possibility).
I think they both got some good publicity from this (shameful business) and it certainly excited my boring life.
So now I know that it's not true it's so much better. I've already bought the blonde hair colour. So glad I don't have to go through with that!

V.I.P.

Fun With Taylor & Jakey, Part 3

Because we need to know about every single date this generation's Dick & Jane go on, UsWeekly tells us that on Monday afternoon Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal skipped along the pathway of pink hearts into an ice cream shop in Santa Barbara, CA. So, two weeks ago they went apple picking in New York and this past week they go ice cream picking in Santa Barbara. Watch out next week, because I have a feeling Taylor and Jakey are about to get really serious. I'm talking MAYPOLE-ING DOWN SOUTH! And sadly, that's not a euphemism. Like, they are totally going to skip around the maypole while burping out strawberry-scented giggles. Jakey's already calling the pink ribbon.

Anyways, an employee at McConnell's ice cream shop tells UsWeekly that Taylor and Jakey were all laughs and cuddles as they picked out flavors together, "Taylor laughed at everything Jake said. At one point, she measured herself against Jake on her tiptoes. They looked at all the flavors and couldn't decide, so they asked the counter girls for help. Taylor was very interested in what I was doing in the back making ice cream and said, 'Wow, you guys are legit! They smiled a lot."

The employee said that Jakey picked Swiss chocolate chip and Taylor went with yogurt with rainbow sprinkles on top.

A thick white substance covered with rainbow dingles?! Again, I really really really wish deep down in my no-no that was a euphemism, but it's not! I can't even make up a euphemism for that. You know how I love to spread dirty, filthy nasty **** over every damn story, but these two make it impossible. When Taylor tells one of her friends, "Oh, what's Jakey doing? Well, he's just spreading his coconut frosting all over my bundt cakes," she really means that Jake is frosting two cakes she just baked! Gross. They make my job so hard. I heart them. SEE! They did it again. I meant to write "hate" and I accidentally typed "heart" instead. Ugh.
dlisted

backstage pass

Pics or it didn't happen.

And besides, Us Weekly is complete rubbish. Can't believe anyone believes anything they write.

scenester

give it like a month and she'll be 'dating' someone else. the media has nothing better to report on.

03-11-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
^Maybe they are dating.

I can't think of any other reason why they would hang out.
maybe because their PR agents told them to. I'm not sure that I believe ANY of her public 'relationships'.

07-11-2010
tfs star

yeeeeah, i'll choose not to believe until confirmed by atleast one side.
although, from a personality/attitude point of view, i think they would be quite a cute, ideal couple. neither of them, unless this is a pr-stunt, seem to be media-whores, and are able to maintain quite the level of privacy from the media. they both also seem, from what little one can see in interviews, very down to earth and Level-headed.

now on the other hand, isn't there quite the age difference between them? and do they not both have completely opposite target audiences?

07-11-2010
V.I.P.

I don't know...I think she's talented, but I find her tacky with all these faux relationships. Is she just doing it for publicity? She writes about every man she's with even if the relationship lasts a minute, I mean does anyone really believe she did anything more than kiss Taylor Lautner? And she was barely with Joe Jonas but milked the hell out if it. What kind of passionate relationships could she possibly be having? She looks and acts very...square. I just can't imagine her with lovers.

If Jake isn't gay, then that means he's a an almost 30-year-old man who has a good amount of experience with grown women...what's he doing messing around with Miss Innocence?

07-11-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
Melted vanilla ice cream has more nuance than she.
Am I terribly wicked to love this?

I will suspend belief in this story until I see the wedding pictures.

fashion icon

They could be just friends, I like both of them, so if they dated it won't upset me, Jake seems like a decent guy, but on other boards, people are claiming that he is really gay, and he is using her as a beard...I was surprised to find out she actually dated John Mayer, I thought it was just a rumor.

Last edited by inhirnamy137; 09-11-2010 at 09:56 AM.
09-11-2010
backstage pass

They never dated. And that has been confirmed with the Daily Mail. She said she's only been in 3 real relationships. One was Taylor's first boyfriend when she was about 15. The second and third were with Joe Jonas and Taylor Lautner [respectively].

I think Taylor was crushing on John Mayer and he played her. Nothing more. Nothing less.

And Taylor and Jake are a publicity stunt (more-so for his film than her album).

fashion insider

^Only three men? So most of her songs are about men she hasn't actually dated? Well, that actually kind of makes sense...ish...

09-11-2010
backstage pass

She's not including the guys she went on casual dates with. A lot of the guys who have inspired songs, Taylor only went on 2-3 dates with them.

Last edited by Gooner 4 Lyfe; 09-11-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alert, couple, gyllenhaal, jake, swift, taylor