Terry Richardson banned from working with Conde Nast - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-10-2017
fashion elite

judging by the nature of his photos alone, you could expect from him to think twice before doing something.
He deserves it and it took too long for CD to make a decision. Even if Terry did some wonderful editorials and campaigns that i still love to this day, seeing his photos was very uncomfortable as we cannot separate the man from his art.

I believe some magazines, editors and brands will conttinue to colaborate with him but without mentionning his name in order to not face a backlash.

So, now, let's talk about Roman Polanski...

24-10-2017
tfs star

F I N A L L Y !!
Now Hearst time to step up. And I really hope Valentino gets it together and pulls their campaign. They have the resources to reshoot abd publish a new campaign in a week.

24-10-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
After a certain length of time has elapsed, it would be easy to present yourself as a reformed individual and get hired again.

The question would then be - if Terry no longer abused his position, would people accept him working as a photographer again? Or has enough happened in the past to ensure he should never again be allowed to profit from working on the same level?
Can you he actually present himself as reformed without accepting some form of guilt?

My thought is that Conde Nast no longer wants to risk using Richardson, partly given the extent of the outrage over Weinstein and partly because the increasigly fragile industry they work in. I doubt they want the public turned against them on a large scale.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueDisciple93 View Post
F I N A L L Y !!
Now Hearst time to step up. And I really hope Valentino gets it together and pulls their campaign. They have the resources to reshoot abd publish a new campaign in a week.
Yeah they really have no choice, in my opinion.

V.I.P.

Quote:
On Tuesday afternoon, a Valentino spokesperson told the Daily Beast: “Valentino's last campaign with photographer Terry Richardson was shot in July 2017–there are no plans on a future campaign and, of course, take these allegations against Terry Richardson seriously.”

A spokesperson for Valentino would not elaborate on why the label had decided to terminate their working relationship with the photographer only now, in the wake of Richardson being blacklisted by Condé Nast International titles, including Vogue and GQ.
dailybeast

24-10-2017
V.I.P.

^it´s not like his behaviour began in August

24-10-2017
front row

Banning Terry Richardson is just a cheap publicity move. He's an easy target, because everyone knows about the sleazy allegations against him. The entire fashion industry is full of sleazebags and is rotten to the core. If they were serious about protecting models from abuse, there are so many others that should be banned right along with Uncle Terry.

24-10-2017
fashion insider

So transparent.

All the allegations never bothered them for nearly a decade. But once a titan of Hollywood is stripped off all his status because of the same allegations as Terry’s, they decide to hastily discard him to save their own asses.

I put them on the same level as Terry.

24-10-2017
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps View Post
Banning Terry Richardson is just a cheap publicity move. He's an easy target, because everyone knows about the sleazy allegations against him. The entire fashion industry is full of sleazebags and is rotten to the core. If they were serious about protecting models from abuse, there are so many others that should be banned right along with Uncle Terry.
True, there are many many more. I'm glad he has finally been shown the door though. Especially because it was so out in the open.

And yes, the industry is rotten to its core, but that's not just because of the people. It attracts a certain kind of people as well because of its very nature and of society at large.

24-10-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
So transparent.

All the allegations never bothered them for nearly a decade. But once a titan of Hollywood is stripped off all his status because of the same allegations as TerryÂ’s, they decide to hastily discard him to save their own asses.

I put them on the same level as Terry.
Exactly. No one's banning Terry because he's a sexual abuser, they're banning Tery because he got caught - and that's an important (and unfortunate) distinction to make.

Still happy this happened, though. At least there's one less person to be afraid of at CN.

24-10-2017
front row

Obviously Terry's a scapegoat. Just trying to appease the media frenzy. But SMH @ Valentino pretending they care. Literally everyone knew about Terry for YEARS and they're trying to act as if his allegations happened since June? Like come on!

Quote from Edie Campbell
Quote:
@ All the journalists commenting on sexual harassment within the fashion industry. I would encourage you to comment on the bigger picture. Real change won't be enacted by banning one photographer from Conde Nast magazines.

This isn't about one single photographer. This is about a problem that is wider spread.

If your aim is to help effect real change, then look at the ways that can be done. Otherwise you're taking the focus off the bigger picture to put the spotlight on one man.

To clarify: this is not to say that direct action against certain individuals is not the right course of action. It may be well be *a part* of the solution.

But the solution goes much further than that: agents, art directors, stylists, magazines and publishers all have a part to play and the media should also be focusing on the more complex wider picture.
cr: Edie's IG

24-10-2017
V.I.P.

Meanwhile, Richardson posted this on his insta:

Such a class act.

Last edited by sore; 24-10-2017 at 08:38 PM.
24-10-2017
V.I.P.

If TR is the scapegoat is because victims named him. I don´t think it matters that this is happening now because of Weinstein or that it´s a stunt, only matters that it is happening. Maybe more victims within the industry will have the courage and support now to name the predators so further action can be taken, if they see that their voice is heard.

24-10-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
they're banning Tery because he got caught
cause it’s the new black lol. Fashion’s full of s*t..

A ‘fallen world’... let the countdown begin till the alt-right-minded fashionistos express annoyance at how ‘PC and boring!’ the world, but especially the oh so decadent and unapologetic world of fashion, is becoming because a tiny fraction feels mildly encouraged to expose some of the trash.

24-10-2017
fashion insider

Is Terry Richardson the only photographer with these type of allegations? There's gotta be more people out there in the fashion industry who sexually harassed young models.

Last edited by CrisGalaxy; 24-10-2017 at 10:26 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
banned, conde, nast, richardon, richardson, terry, working