Terry Richardson banned from working with Conde Nast - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-10-2017
fashion icon

Maybe she just wanted a big photographer for her first issue and all the big names are with Conde now exept this one. Thanks to crazy Glenda, Hearst lost all its stars

30-10-2017
#Resist

^ Pretty sure he's not the last photographer on earth ... and somehow, Elle had managed to produce covers without him for 7 years. She was making a statement, and I hope her bosses have noted that that statement cost them money they'll never get back.

07-11-2017
backstage pass

It’s pretty sick that the impetus for cutting ties with him was fear of bad publicity after Harvey. Not because of terrys behaviour.
In fact all views of it are bad.
1) they simply fear bad publicity not his behaviour
2) no loyalty to this guy when 2 years ago they adored him. Shows how much these “relationships” mean
3) total bandwagon effect. Complete followers not the trend setters they claim to be

I think he should have been fired years ago.
The message being sent is so warped. Oh we fear bad publicity so he’s fired. What’s changed about terry in the past 6 months? Nothing. Except a third party was brought down. Something beyond terry’s control. So he’s being punished for a third parties publicity not for his own behaviour.

07-11-2017
#Resist

^ I agree that this isn't exactly leadership. However, Conde Nast isn't the primary culprit where Terry is concerned ... they can't hold a candle to Hearst.

All of that said, I'm not too picky about the impetus for anyone cutting ties with any abuser. Cut away!!!

3 Weeks Ago
windowshopping

WWD: Is Photography/Modeling Next Industry to Be Investigated?
Quote:
The New York Times is said to be working on an investigative piece about abuses in the photography/modeling industry.

3 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Blimey, the NY Times are taking no prisoners! It sounds like it'll be new revelations. I'm assuming Bruce Weber's name will form part of this.

3 Weeks Ago
#Resist

Looking forward to this

3 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Blimey, the NY Times are taking no prisoners! It sounds like it'll be new revelations. I'm assuming Bruce Weber's name will form part of this.
so far it's Glenn Thrush, of SNL Sean Spicer parody fame.

3 Weeks Ago
scenester

I don't think any major or "important" fashion photographers will be named in this if Vanessa Friedman is involved. She's way too close to too many of those people in the industry to expose them. I may be wrong, but I'm skeptical.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
banned, conde, nast, richardon, richardson, terry, working