How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2014
fashion icon

Good for Jamie Peck- once again she's written a good piece on just how awful Terry Richardson is. As she notes in the last paragraph, "as long as structures are in place that allow this to happen, it's going to keep happening, and Terry Richardson is only one example." This is very true. I wonder if more models will speak up about other photographers who abused their position of power- I hope so- it can only be a good thing.

27-03-2014
flaunt the imperfection

well---
if there was a boycott of any company who hired this guy, he might not get so many jobs...

put your money where your mouth is folks and hit them where it hurts...
in the wallet!!!
most of the products he shoots are marketed towards women and if women object to his work and his behaviour, then the women should have the power to make it stop, once and for all...

that means- no aldo shoes, no harper's bazaar, no miley cyrus products, what else does he do?
vogue?...
i don't know but let's make a list and boycott all of them!

Last edited by softgrey; 27-03-2014 at 02:40 AM.
27-03-2014
front row

Hasn't he shot Valentino bags and shoes ? Nobody has been hurt during the shooting but it sucks too bad Valentino hired him

27-03-2014
trendsetter

Very interesting read, thanks Not Plain Jane for posting.
I find it especially important that she mentioned this ''During my time as a naked girl for hire, I worked with plenty of other photographers who managed to be perfectly professional; if anything, they went overboard to make sure I felt comfortable, as any decent human being should.'' Photographers do nude shoots all the time and not everyone gets accused of what he is. You can get tasteful nudes and treat the model with respect. I will never understand how a person can do such awful things and they are protected no matter what. But regardless of that, so many models speaking up is a good sign. Maybe things will finally change.

front row

I won't be extending my Vogue Paris subscription. Maybe I am gonna send them a letter about this ... they probably won't care but I'll give it a try. I am looking for other fashion magazines, does anyone know one Richardson never worked for ?

V.I.P.

^ Not sure. I know U.S.A. Harper's seem obsessed with using him.

Very disappointed, personally, in Kate Moss and the work she constantly seems to be doing with him. I find the images tawdry and disappointing.

Corrrine Day also shot Kate Moss in states of undress, but the imagery had a totally different tone to it, at least imo. More girly and playful.

Anyhoo....

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
19-04-2014
front row

Kate Moss said this shooting when she was very young was kind of stressful, because she did not really want to take her clothes off. The pictures are cute, but the process was not.
Beside I agree, I don't know why she is working with him. Maybe she didn't had a bad experience with him herself, or maybe he is "too cool" for refusing a shooting with him :/ But why not pay attention to what other girls have went through ?

tfs star

^ I doubt Kate Moss is aware of the allegations against him - or she does not believe them. He has never been convicted of sex crimes. I am not saying he is innocent, but tons of celebrities, including Sarah Jessica Parker, continue to work with him.

19-04-2014
fashion insider

I doubt that Kate Moss does not know. She probably doesn't care about the allegations, just like most of the industry.

20-04-2014
trendsetter

twitter.com/emmajappleton

20-04-2014
V.I.P.

Terry Richardson Reportedly Offering Vogue Photo Shoots For Sex
The dirtbag of the millennium is back and this time, he's slithering up to model Emma Appleton, who posted this revealing screenshot on her Instagram this afternoon.

According to the post, Richardson is throwing around sex offers in exchange for Vogue photo shoots, which begs the question: when will this shitlord go away forever? (refer to Greenway's post above)

gawker.com

20-04-2014
front row

OMFG o_O If there is a complain, something can happen ... it cannot be ignored anymore ! If Vogue editors know he hires girls this way, this is beyond creepy

Errr ... did her twitter account just got deleted ??

Last edited by Emmanuelle; 20-04-2014 at 04:28 PM.
20-04-2014
fashion elite

Not saying he's not a pervert but do you know how easy it is to change a person's name in your phone and have someone text that?

20-04-2014
V.I.P.

Emmanuelle: I just tried to view the twitter page and it no longer exists

If the Emma tweet is true, one thing that makes no sense is if there are already allegations about his inappropriate behaviors why is he still doing it? It is obvious the public and the industry are watching him more closely now. By him continuing to behave this way he is pretty much digging his own grave.

Last edited by @~PinkCouture~@; 20-04-2014 at 05:28 PM.
20-04-2014
fashion elite

If he is doing this I doubt he's stupid enough to text sexual favors for jobs. lol

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
‘degrading, banned, controversial, degrading, finds, model, rasmussen, richardson, richardson’s, richardson’s, rie, terry, update, vogue, women, work, ‘degrading