How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-04-2014
V.I.P.

Assuming this is true, I'm practically rolling right now. Not only is it completely stupid, it's one of the most ridiculous and pathetic things I've ever seen, ever. It's the creepy-horny-fashion-photographer stereotype come true.

Just . Or else I'll cry.

20-04-2014
V.I.P.

So do you think Emma Appleton is lying or that someone else is trying to sabotage Richardson?

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
20-04-2014
front row

^ Got a screen cap of the cache of her twitter account:

Source: www.toptweet.org/user/emmajappleton‎

20-04-2014
Fashion Designer

I managed to see her twitter page right after she posted that screengrab and nothing seemed off.

As much as I wish this was true so we would know for sure he is a perv, I HIGHLY doubt he's that stupid. I hope she didn't make this up bc it would only make him look better.

20-04-2014
fashion elite

It may it may not be true but it isn't a text, it's a Facebook message. That's the Facebook messenger app for iPhones and you can't change names on that so someone called Terry Richardson did message her with that message. That being said it may not be his real Facebook account.

20-04-2014
Power to the 99%

I've just written to Harper's Bazaar to let them know that if they are still publishing Richardson's work when my subscription runs out, I won't be renewing it. It's a magazine I enjoy, but it's hardly the only game in town. This is their address: webmaster@harpersbazaar.com

There's no doubt that a boycott can bring someone like this down. So let's do it!

PS To anyone who doubts the potential for arrogance and stupidity, I have three words for you: Bill and Monica.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 20-04-2014 at 07:19 PM.
20-04-2014
Power to the 99%

PS My e-mail bounced back from that address, which I got from their website ... professional operation. So I used this form instead: https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/HR/HAR/HA...slogin=N&sid=2

20-04-2014
front row

A Vogue representative made a comment:
Quote:
“We have no plans to work with him in the future,” said the communications director for Vogue U.S., Hildy Kuryk.
source:buzzfeed

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceVixen009 View Post
A Vogue representative made a comment:
source:buzzfeed
What a mess...

20-04-2014
V.I.P.

does he work for Vogue? I dont think so, that's why I think this is so fishy... if the message would have said Harper's Bazaar that would have been more believable imo.

20-04-2014
front row

It may or may not be true, the thing is Terry hasn't worked for US Vogue since 2010. He did work for French Vogue this year though.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceFashionista View Post
Not saying he's not a pervert but do you know how easy it is to change a person's name in your phone and have someone text that?
Yes I know, that's why I think if there is a complaint, the police could easily prove it that's truly him who sent this.

He made an editorial for Vogue Paris in the December/january issue.

V.I.P.

I've seen claims of this sort, where he's very blunt and open about his behavior. There's always skepticism surrounding them, of course. Take the case of freelance model Felice Fawn. An excerpt:
Quote:
Terry Richardson: can you handle open and direct talk?

Felice Fawn: How do you mean?

Terry Richardson: straight to the point, no ping pong

Felice Fawn: Oh right haha, yeah yeah

Terry Richardson: modelling is more then only a pretty face

Felice Fawn: Yeah of course

Terry Richardson: but most models do know how things go behind the scenes to get the fame

Terry Richardson: do you?

Felice Fawn: Maybe not, so tell me?

Terry Richardson: easy and simple, like i said, i am used to talk daily about it with the other models, it is sex drugs and rock & roll

Terry Richardson: dont tell me you do not know this

Felice Fawn: Yes I am aware, but I don't do drugs and I certainly wont suck dick for fame.

Terry Richardson: thanks for the chat and wish you all the best, since there is only one real way for fame

Felice Fawn: Are you really Terry Richardson?

Terry Richardson: yes

Terry Richardson: who else i am, this account is connected with my ID and IP address

Terry Richardson: why the question?

Felice Fawn: Well you're obviously incredibly renowned for your work, so I just count myself incredibly lucky to be contacted by you.

Felice Fawn: So thanks again for your compliments.

Terry Richardson: dont be, i am a pervert like the rest in fashion

Felice Fawn: So I have read.

Terry Richardson: your read good, we all are the same

Felice Fawn: Good on you for being so blunt about it though.

Felice Fawn: Most people don't have the balls.

Terry Richardson: like i said, daily 20 models do offer me to **** them for fame and all others i know in fashion also **** around

Felice Fawn: Well I'm not like that I'm afraid.

Terry Richardson: but, would have shot you and published you for sure, but no prob

Felice Fawn: Sorry that I don't fit the criteria.
Make of it what you will. I'm disappointed in the fact that people like Kate Moss show no qualms about working with him, but I also don't believe they know the full extent of his abuses, in all the horrific detail presented here.

V.I.P.

Is that conversation definitely real? Terry's English doesn't seem great for someone who was born in the US..

21-04-2014
V.I.P.

^^ It's not definitely real. I don't think she made it up but there's always the possibility that someone else posed as Terry.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
‘degrading, banned, controversial, degrading, finds, model, rasmussen, richardson, richardson’s, richardson’s, rie, terry, update, vogue, women, work, ‘degrading