How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-07-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
^ Her father is a lawyer, right? Never hurts to have one in the family...
her older brother is a lawyer too - http://www.snhslaw.com/index.php?src...&category=Main

06-07-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturecandystor View Post
Well, one part of this is definitely true. Everyone in Hollywood knows
i seriously have no idea which part you're referring to , both options seem to be very likely!

07-07-2012
V.I.P.

THE LAST SUPPER

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes barely looked each other in the eyes on what we're told was their final meal together as a couple.

The photo was snapped on June 16th in Reykjavik, Iceland, where Tom was shooting his new movie. Katie filed for divorce in New York less than two weeks later on June 28th.

Tom and Katie were sleeping apart in the weeks leading up to the divorce filing. And according to her divorce docs, Katie insists her marriage had been "irretrievably broken" for at least 6 months before that.

As we reported, Tom was "blindsided" by Katie's decision to divorce -- but as you can see in the pic ... the writing was on the wall.

tmz.com

It looks like they are probably reading the menu above (shrugs).

07-07-2012
trendsetter

There's something that's been bugging me since the announcement of the split. All the stuff that's being said about Katie, how they cut everyone off, how she fired everyone from her previous 'life', etc etc, who is leaking that stuff? Is it her old management or her new management?

07-07-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygodiva View Post
There's something that's been bugging me since the announcement of the split. All the stuff that's being said about Katie, how they cut everyone off, how she fired everyone from her previous 'life', etc etc, who is leaking that stuff? Is it her old management or her new management?
I'm gonna guess it's leaks from her new team. showing how she had to go to extreme measures to get away

07-07-2012
V.I.P.

oh it's totally the new team. they're setting up the grounds for her image in all this and they're doing a great job, IMO.

07-07-2012
V.I.P.

and it just got boring -

Tom and Katie in divorce settlement negotiations

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have called a temporary truce while their lawyers try to negotiate a full divorce settlement ... TMZ has learned.

Sources very familiar with the situation tell us ... there are NO immediate plans for either side to go to court. There will be no court hearing Monday, Tuesday or in the foreseeable future, unless the negotiations fall apart.

Sources tell us the lawyers are negotiating child custody, visitation, child support and a property settlement.

We're also told the whole settlement could be ratified in New York if all goes well. In other words, there may not be a move by Tom's camp to transfer the case to California, where judges are more likely to award joint custody.

One source described the emotional state of the negotiations as "calm."

tmz.com

07-07-2012
fashion insider

well, if he's willing to settle and give the sole custody to Katie then it must be something he really wants to hide that could've been brought up in court.. Katie seems to have him cornered

07-07-2012
V.I.P.

^ Ah, come on!! They didn't even get down to name calling!! And here I was waiting for pictures of Tom having a romantic lunch with one of David Beckham's teammates and Katie sneaking out of an out of the way motel with two of the Oakland Raiders...

07-07-2012
V.I.P.

I've never paid much attention to or cared about Tom & Katie's relationship, but their divorce has started to intrigue me. I guess because it has potentially shed light on how weird Tom Cruise really is. And I'm curious what is not being said.

I can't stop wondering if this was Katie's intention from the very beginning, to use Tom Cruise to help her career. I question if she ever believed in Scientology one bit. And if so, it irks that someone would go that far for their career and for fame.

07-07-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
well, if he's willing to settle and give the sole custody to Katie then it must be something he really wants to hide that could've been brought up in court.. Katie seems to have him cornered
Excellent point

If there's one thing that irks me, it is cynicism.

07-07-2012
V.I.P.

I definitely think she married him to get ahead in her career. She was, and still is, at best, a B-list actress. True she achieved semi-stardom on a teen drama show on her own, but her fate would've been the same for all the other stars from those types of shows. Once they outgrew their roles and the show ends, there weren't many other offerings from Hollywood coming their way.

While Cruise is undoubtedly insane, I'm not cheering her on either. If anything, Cruise gets my sympathy here.

07-07-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
I definitely think she married him to get ahead in her career. She was, and still is, at best, a B-list actress. True she achieved semi-stardom on a teen drama show on her own, but her fate would've been the same for all the other stars from those types of shows. Once they outgrew their roles and the show ends, there weren't many other offerings from Hollywood coming their way.

While Cruise is undoubtedly insane, I'm not cheering her on either. If anything, Cruise gets my sympathy here.
I haven't noticed her being particularly ambitious as an actress (Nicole strikes me as about 100x more ambitious), so your theory that the marriage was the result of career ambition seems weak to me

If her ambition extended to marrying someone you say is 'undoubtedly insane' to further her career, surely we would have seen other evidence of this ambition? Instead, she seems to me to have been mostly interested in her child for the past few years, with a few acting projects and a foray into fashion ...

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 07-07-2012 at 10:18 PM.

07-07-2012
V.I.P.

Who says she's not ambitious? Let's look at this from a fashion point of view - would you a call an inspiring model who isn't cast in any shows as less ambitious than another model who gets cast? My point is that you don't know if she's gone for casting and didn't get the roles. She's not a strong actress to begin with. So there goes your theory.

07-07-2012
you soft and only

^ Well, okay, what gives you the impression that she is ambitious?

Sure, she married a superstar a-list actor, but he was her childhood crush (that's how "they" found out about her and auditioned her, after all, she said that she wanted to marry him in an issue of Seventeen). She might have just been a naive young-woman who was starstruck, she had just broken off her engagement with Chris Klein after all. She might have been vulnerable to what Tom was selling.

Would someone truly ambitious marry a documented control freak like Tom? Not in my opinion. People who are ambitious usually value their freedom.

Last edited by blueorchid; 07-07-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
allowed, cruise, divorced, holmes, includes, katie, religious, scientology, talk, tom