How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-10-2012
front row

Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Welcome Their First Child
Quote:
TOM FORD is a father. The designer and his long-term partner Richard Buckley have welcomed the arrival of their first child, a baby boy called Alexander John Buckley Ford, who was born in Los Angeles on September 23.

"Huge congratulations to Tom Ford and Richard Buckley on the birth of Alexander," Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman Tweeted today.

The pair have been together for 25 years, after Ford met the magazine editor at the WWD offices in New York in 1986.

"He was adorable, and he was a complete fool. He was sort of dancing around, flashing his eyes at me, and trying so hard to be charming," Ford told Out magazine last year. "I decided in that elevator ride that I was going to marry him. I'm very pragmatic, and I was, like, 'OK, there's some kind of connection here.'"
vogue.co.uk

05-10-2012
tfs star

You beat me to it. I was going to post this in one of the other Tom Ford threads.

Cathy Horyn ‏@CathyHorynNYT
Congratulations to Tom Ford and Richard Buckley on birth of their son, Alexander John Buckley Ford!

05-10-2012
fashion elite

Congrats to the new parents

05-10-2012
fashion icon

Great news. Didn't even though they were expecting!

05-10-2012
V.I.P.

Love the name.

05-10-2012
fashion insider

This baby will have it good, damn it.

05-10-2012
Some Like It Hot

Congratulations to them both, I know Tom has longed for a child in his life for some time and I am so pleased for them both and damn if it the kid has Tom's DNA

Last edited by Chanelcouture09; 05-10-2012 at 06:28 PM.
05-10-2012
fashion elite

I'll babysit! That child is set for life. Not only will he be rich but he will have serious style.

V.I.P.

wow

now THAT is surprising news!

06-10-2012
V.I.P.

Wow, I never see Tom as a father. but congrats!

So he is the father, biologically?
Posted via Mobile Device

06-10-2012
V.I.P.

Congrats indeed.

But they are both quite old to be first time parents: I think Tom himself is over 50 and Richard's in his 60s. I suppose they'll have hired help around-the-clock, but wow, I remember how exhausted my husband and I were when our babe was born, and we were much younger than they are... Not to mention that they'll be in their 60s and 70s when the boy is 10! Let me tell you: 10 year old boys have LOADS of energy. :p

Oh well! Good luck!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 06-10-2012 at 10:52 AM.
06-10-2012
V.I.P.

Cool name.

tfs star

Love the name!
In this times of ridiculous names, this one is just regal. Congrats to both daddies.

07-10-2012
fashion icon

Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
Congrats indeed.

But they are both quite old to be first time parents: I think Tom himself is over 50 and Richard's in his 60s. I suppose they'll have hired help around-the-clock, but wow, I remember how exhausted my husband and I were when our babe was born, and we were much younger than they are... Not to mention that they'll be in their 60s and 70s when the boy is 10! Let me tell you: 10 year old boys have LOADS of energy. :p

Oh well! Good luck!
And trust me they'll get through it I'm 20 with two younger siblings and my Dad is 70 and not planning to retire for a few years, I think we actually keep him young!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
Congrats!!

And trust me they'll get through it I'm 20 with two younger siblings and my Dad is 70 and not planning to retire for a few years, I think we actually keep him young!
But how old is your mum?

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
buckley, child, ford, richard, tom