How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicandy View Post
I can somewhat imagine her doing that, she comes across as that obnoxious on her show and in interviews. Just watch her turn this into a special 'Tyra' about dealing w/negativity and rumors in the fashion world. She'll wear a special 'Karlie' suit and end up crying at the end.

She really could've kept on w/fashion like Naomi or aged gracefully like Helena and Stephanie but she hasn't.
KARMA FOR YOU!

04-02-2008
tailored

ugh...who cares?
everyone just needs another reason to hate tyra...
i hate the way karlie walks too...
my boyfriend has seen it, he said it's like night of the living dead...

Rebaptising my badness

^

Tyra is right no matter how infantile she sounds/looks. Karlie looked like she was about to fall asleep on the Erin Fetherston show. She even had the proper attire on :

nymag.com

rising star

I wonder if Tyra was filming the ANTM finale fashion show that her models were walking in?

04-02-2008
Rebaptising my badness

Her last entrance in the Erin Fetherston show was ridiculous. She walked so slowly there were already two other girls on the runway by the time she left.

V.I.P.

Is there a video of this? I'd love to see it.

LMAO oh Tyra. Why you so ridic.

V.I.P.

oh, I don't mean to just contradict for the sake of contradiction but I've been adoring Karlie's walk ever since I saw the Chloé S/S 08 video.. .
There are really bad 'walkers' out there.. Magdalena and Suvi among them.. can't see why Karlie's being remotely relevant on the negative side. but bleh.. Tyra Banks.. the fact that she still manages to get front row at a show that it's not organised by herself surprises me more than whatever tactic of attention she may use to make her seat noticed.

tfs star

If Tyra was going to make fun of Karlie, atleast do it where Karlie couldn't see her.

05-02-2008
Rebaptising my badness

^^Suvi is the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Is there a video of this? I'd love to see it.

LMAO oh Tyra. Why you so ridic.
There is. Go to http://stylevideo.areyouacardmember.com/ > Watch it now > Show > Shows. Erin Fetherston is the 8th from bottom to top.

Last edited by Nemova; 05-02-2008 at 12:09 AM.
05-02-2008
fashion icon

team karlie!!! even if her walk is bad I cant stand tyra with her stupid and inmature attitude.

05-02-2008
Zen
V.I.P.

LOL...Tyra shows her true colors at awkward moments. It does seem like a childish behavior. But then so many of us have those moments too. Tyra has it bad because she's a celebrity, and we all know that any celebrity who does little things such as poking fun at someone or something is a huge headline story for the tabloid magazines.

However, this Karlie girl...I've never seen or let alone heard the name. But just now, looking at a photo of her I can see how she may look like a zombie with that glare she has on her face. But I have yet to see a video of her walking.

05-02-2008
army of lovers

Maybe she was really bored at the show, it is Jill Stuart after all. It happens to the best of them. Chloe, Milla and Ashley O were all cackling out loud at Miss Sixty...

Okay, just watched the clip of Karlie walking and I'm speechless....

Last edited by Jacque Marcel; 05-02-2008 at 12:21 AM.
05-02-2008
V.I.P.

Call me paranoid but I actually think that Tyra isn't that naive and does see Karlie as some sort of generational or national competence against her protégée Chanel Iman, who probably doesn't even care for Tyra, but then what would Tyra be without a slice of everyone's stories injected into her life.. and credits.

tfs star

tyras one of those people that thinks shes really funny, likes to laugh at her own jokes, and slips into her stupid "ghetto talk" whenever she thinks shes being cute... the incident was HILARIOUS i'm so sure...

princely

I don't have a problem with Karlie's walk. If anything I find it kind of interesting. Whether Tyra found it weird or not, it's completely rude to make fun of someone especially when they are right on front of you. Even worse is doing it in such a public place where everyone is available to see you. The model is just doing her job, and shes obviously doing it well if you can see how popular she is now.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
banks, fan, karlie, kloss, tyra, update