How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2008
V.I.P.

OT I'm really disturbed by the bald gay with the strategically placed sunglasses.

05-02-2008
yes

no.1 karlie completely owns this season
no.2 tyra is twice her age and supposed to be a 'role model'

karlie wins
such a cutie

05-02-2008
tfs star

I saw her walk and why she is so stiff? Her hands doesn't move and her face was dead.

05-02-2008
trendsetter

Tyra is such an attention seeker sometimes, well, most of the time

05-02-2008
tfs star

Tyra should just Shut up and go home!
she'd better teach those wannabees on her show about real fashion before she goes and makes fun of other models. I bet 90% of the girls on her show don't even know who Jill Stuart is.
Karlie is going to be bigger than her anyway. But then again what was Tyra? she thinks she is so fierce and Bigger than Kate Moss and Gisele.

But the funniest thing is that she doesn't want any bitching on ANTM...*cough*

Amour Comme Hiver

Perhaps I'm idealistic, but I'm hoping that Tyra was filming a segment on 'what not to do at a fashion show' for ANTM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Call me paranoid but I actually think that Tyra isn't that naive and does see Karlie as some sort of generational or national competence against her protégée Chanel Iman, who probably doesn't even care for Tyra, but then what would Tyra be without a slice of everyone's stories injected into her life.. and credits.
Karlie kicks Chanel Iman's butt. I mean, even if she is fifteen, at least Karlie doesn't look like a posessed infant in the face. Just saying.

05-02-2008
V.I.P.

Oh god...she was doing some kind of segment for her show...hopefully she doesn't trash Karlie on TV...

http://www.dlisted.com/node/22893

05-02-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbestfriend View Post
I don't have a problem with Karlie's walk. If anything I find it kind of interesting.
I was at the Erin Fetherston show this past weekend, and I have to agree. It was weird/interesting in such a way that I literally couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was the only memorable model from that show for me - and she REALLY stood out. It made me notice her, and notice the clothes she was wearing.

Also, when I was in line to get into the show, Karlie rushed in looking flustered and crazed, like 20 minutes before the show started. For a 15-year-old to be owning all of the runways during fashion week has got to be tiring. And while I actually 100% believe her "alien walk" is intentional (kudos for her for not trying to blend in like msot 15-year-olds), it is also entirely possible that her "zombie" nature is simply a result of having to rush around and be poked and prodded for hours on end.

"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing left to add but when there is nothing left to take away."
05-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova View Post
^^Suvi is the worst.

There is. Go to http://stylevideo.areyouacardmember.com/ > Watch it now > Show > Shows. Erin Fetherston is the 8th from bottom to top.
Wow..she does kind of have a death stare...

05-02-2008
Zen
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmccormi View Post
I was at the Erin Fetherston show this past weekend, and I have to agree. It was weird/interesting in such a way that I literally couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was the only memorable model from that show for me - and she REALLY stood out. It made me notice her, and notice the clothes she was wearing.
That's odd to me...I wouldn't like it if a model was getting more attention than my own design. The purpose of a model is to display the garmet not the other way around. It would make sense if she was a VS model seeking some
kind of a recognition because that's was VS is known for mostly....but I guess that's just me.

05-02-2008
V.I.P.

i can't believe ppl are justifying Tyra's actions. i mean right is right & wrong is wrong. Her behaviour was unacceptable period.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbestfriend View Post
I don't have a problem with Karlie's walk. If anything I find it kind of interesting. Whether Tyra found it weird or not, it's completely rude to make fun of someone especially when they are right on front of you. Even worse is doing it in such a public place where everyone is available to see you. The model is just doing her job, and shes obviously doing it well if you can see how popular she is now.
Agreed

As i read that article i pictured Tyra doing that definitely sounds like something she would do

And i bet on her show she'll say 'Y'all i was at this fashion show and..' and cue the audience laughing

Last edited by city girl; 05-02-2008 at 10:39 PM.
05-02-2008
trendsetter

Come on, Tyra. It's not your time to shine anymore. Give it up already!!

05-02-2008
V.I.P.

Personally, I think that Karlie has a great walk. It is unique and makes the clothes that she wearing look beautiful. There is absolutely not reason why Tyra should imitate her in the middle of a fashion show like the way she did. It was immature and very unprofessional. I am actually kind of shocked that she would do such a thing because she makes it seem like she is such a caring person, but obviously that is just an act. I thought we all learned in like grade 2 that making fun of people is the wrong thing to do, let alone doing it in front of them.

Is there a video of Tyra doing this at the show?

05-02-2008
rising star

the whole erin fetherston thing is crazy, that dress was a whole lot of fabric, just making it down the runway without falling is a feat, who cares how fast she went?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
banks, fan, karlie, kloss, tyra, update