How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-05-2010
User Friendly

her eyes are so dead in the 1st picture, very flat, dissapointed Tyra.. maybe she has channeled her modeling skills into writing.. doubtful

12-05-2010
backstage pass

^I agree. She does that thing with her eyes, I don't know how to describe it but she squints her eyes or makes them real wide to look intense and she thinks that makes her a good model....its so annoying to me.

Wow, so I was right. I should have known Tyra would plaster herself everywhere. She'll never be taken seriously as a writer....she should stick to her t.v. shows.

I know she needs her image to get her books out there obviously, but I wish she did it in a less obnoxious way..

Last edited by ScarlettLover; 12-05-2010 at 06:17 PM.
12-05-2010
V.I.P.

The eye thing, or "smeyes" as she calls it, is pretty annoying and since when does Tyra have freckles? Did I miss something?

13-05-2010
doldrums

This is serious case of career ADD. She's not very focused like Oprah (who she admires).

13-05-2010
backstage pass

I just heard a pin drop ...

13-05-2010
In Bloom

Is this a joke?

we were in love

13-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
Is this a joke?
No.

And, if you read the comments section of her website you can see that the novel is aimed perfectly for her audience. She's actually made a smart decision by focusing on her core fan group. Tyhards?

Quote:
I WILL BUT THIS BOOK! OMG! i can't wait to read it .... im So excited! Totally can't wait for it!!!
Quote:

hy tyra ths sounds interesting im so in love with books so plz hurry up n publish the book,cant wait to read it love keep up da good work
Quote:
oh my goshhh! I cannot believe! please publish it too in the philippines because Im super excited! Ohh my heck! I'm so excited and happy!
Quote:
this is SO nicely!!!!
Quote:
tht book sounds interesting and different. i read alot of love and romantic books. books tht have you living in a fantasy world but try to bring it to reality. ill be sure to read carefully and take notes...
Quote:
ok ok ok sooooo i love acting and modeling(mostlly modeling) and im eleven, so if this becomes a movie,(which it probly will, sounds so good!!!)Can I be one of the characters even an extra Can I atleast audition!!!!!???
Quote:
Tyra, this latest feat of yours does not surprise me at all. I've always revered you as being the epitome of Black Woman, which makes you that of " women " world wide, and an exemplary idol for women of all backgrounds to look to and fashion their dreamable achievements after. This book series is just another of your dreams coming to fruition and it causes me to hold you in that much more of a high esteem. I will read this series and as I look forward to doing so, I wish you much continued success as long as you keep positively motivating the ladies of today, who'll be tomorrows mothers. I Am
Quote:
This is so awesome..really weird but this notion of fantasy transferred to me without me even realizing. As I read the letter in my email I got really excited. I was so excited for Tyra that I was like "omg I need to call her how awesome.."Then I came back to reality and remembered "oh! I don't have her #." Lol..that was the funniest moment I had with myself all day.
www.tyra.com/view/BANKABLE_BOOKS

13-05-2010
V.I.P.

*double facepalm* @ the above comments.

Too...much...stupidity...to...handle.

But satisfaction brought it back
13-05-2010
place your body here

the most ridiculous concept for a book ever! I can't believe someone is going to publish it. I don't think it will sell well either, there is a difference between being a fan of her show and passively watching it and having to actively read her blabble.

Last edited by Over the Sea; 13-05-2010 at 04:46 PM.
19-05-2010
tfs star

Blehh
omg.. i didn't think it could get ANY worse than antm
this girl is sooo delusional

fashion elite

Janice is the only model who could get away with a crazy model memoir...Tyra doesn't hold a tiny birthday candle to Janice. This'll be in the 50 cents section in no time...

20-05-2010
V.I.P.

Wow the promos for the book look shockingly similar to the promos for ANTM. lawl.

Last edited by Mchunu; 20-05-2010 at 04:26 AM.
22-05-2010
fashion elite

whatever people say, I admire Tyra for being such a career achiever and a true hardworking-successful mogul. People can't deny her high fashion and couture days, her many professional achievements and her power and media empire today so for her going after another dream or life's goal like writting a novel is indeed fierce and great congrats Tyra for doing your things and not being bothered by "what if they think or say..." coz that's how she made it so far guys

V.I.P.

The excerpt is just laughably bad. I am amazed that there are people who cannot wait to read this tripe. There is just no way I can read any book that has characters named: Tookie, Myrracle, Theophilus Lovelaces, and Zarpessa Zarionneaux.

18-08-2011
backstage pass

amazon.com

I just hate the cover XD

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
banks, tyra, writes