How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-09-2007
rising star

I do feel sorry for her, since the pictures were clearly a private thing and we've all done things like that before and it's fairly harmless messing around as long as it doesn't get out. OTOH it was pretty silly to send it to someone or leave it on her phone not under password, or not print it, hide it and delete it or whatever.

Disney has sacked previous girls for smaller offenses before now, she might be able to ride it out since she is very popular at the moment but if Disney has too many parents complain or more than that one leak (there are supposed to be several more saucy ones), she's toast.

Last edited by TessaB; 07-09-2007 at 11:02 AM.

07-09-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
there goes her perfect image
it's both shocking & disappointing, what a shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma View Post
I hate Adrienne Bailon. Will not watch HSM3... at least not in theaters.
ugh me too
couldn't Disney find somebody better?? what about Miley Cyrus, she has the cute starlet thing going on and she can sing too.

07-09-2007
V.I.P.

I hope she can come back from this, because Disney only cares about themselves, and they might drop her. She has a squeaky clean look, so if Disney drops her it might be hard to get work until she starts to morph into a woman.

SMH.....I thought these celebs learned from everyone else who suffered fro the same exact thing: DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE (That means no pictures on film, your digital camera, blackberry, iPhone, Side Kick, etc.)

07-09-2007
V.I.P.

I don't get why she should take nude pics of herself to give to Zac Efron... Isn't he gay?
I know they are together but I thought of it as a publicity stunt...

07-09-2007
VSFS 2009!

See, I think the issue at hand is not that she's a silly little teenage girl who makes mistakes. It's the fact that she has greater responsibilities than those of an ordinary girl. Granted, these aren't some life-saving, world-changing responsibility but part of the image she upholds is one of a role model to the younger generation. I can't imagine that she doesn't know better. In our age of technology, what doesn't get out?

I know she's young but she should have considered all these factors working against her when she took that picture (or pictures. She has so much to lose, if I was in her position I wouldn't do anything irrational or risky because Disney is exceeding unforgiving. Of course I am sorry that she has her privacy invaded but she should have never stepped into that area.

Last edited by TheGlassAngel; 07-09-2007 at 12:16 PM.
07-09-2007
tfs star

She was trying to negotiate for more money on HSM 3 but now she is way screwed...and her record deals are through Disney too...she was supposed to be releasing a follow up to her debut this fall but now...

07-09-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
Just imagine what some of those rich old men who work for the company do with their spare time.
........ no thanks

07-09-2007
trendsetter

All of this smells like Baby V wants to shed her teen queen image and take advantage of the leaked photos. What publicist would admit that the photos are real? Most deny deny deny or spin to make the client look good.

07-09-2007
boop

Its a shame how the mistakes we make as children (and I consider an 18 year old to still be a child - granted I'm not much older but at 18 one isn't fully an adult) come back to haunt us.

Was it foolish? Yes, but I feel people often do foolish things without thinking of the full on consequences. Personally I don't find the idea of a private nude picture to be big deal - however the higher ups at Disney do when such things are leaked to the internet.

There will be other roles for her though. Perhaps its a blessing all honestly, as great as the Disney thing is she could never do it forever. Sometimes a massive scandal and/or bump in the road is a good means of reevaluating ones life and priorities. If she is interested in really truly acting then she should continue to pursue her dreams - she's come this far I hope she doesn't just give up.

I just hope this teaches her a lesson with regards to trusting people and/or keeping her private life private. I'm willing to bet that the person who leaked the photo was someone she considered a friend.

Quite frankly I'm surprised with the girl they've chosen to replace her. If they want someone who has a clean image they went with the wrong girl. She has quite a negative reputation in hip hop circles from what I hear.

Last edited by Luxx; 07-09-2007 at 02:27 PM.
07-09-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssakura View Post
I've taken nude pics. Although not for anybody else. Just to see what I look like. Being naked shouldn't be that much of a scandal. So they know what she looks like without clothes on. It's not like she's standing there with somebody's severed head.
Honestly.

tfs star

So np Vanessa in HSM3

VSFS 2009!

Well, the article front the page before was fake and I don't think Disney would discard her so easily.

We'll see, I guess

07-09-2007
V.I.P.

This is so vulgar and disgusting. I loathed her before and now I hate her.

07-09-2007
V.I.P.

Did Disney really drop her?

But satisfaction brought it back
07-09-2007
backstage pass

Honestly, I'm more freaked out by how old she was when she took the pictures. Eh, she looks so young in them.

Source: ONTD

Vanessa Hudgens 'Embarrassed,' Apologizes for Nude Photo
Disney's High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens is speaking out after a nude photo of the actress hit the Internet on Thursday.

In a statement released Friday by her rep, Hudgens, 18, says: "I want to apologize to my fans, whose support and trust means the world to me. I am embarrassed over this situation and regret having ever taken these photos. I am thankful for the support of my family and friends."

On Thursday, a nude picture of Hudgens surfaced on multiple Web sites. The same day her rep issued a statement saying the photo "was taken privately. It is a personal matter and it is unfortunate that this has become public." Then on Friday, more candid photos of Hudgens (clothed, this time) began surfacing.

There has been no immediate comment from Disney. The studio was in talks to bring Hudgens (who is currently dating her HSM costar, Zac Efron) back for more HSM sequels.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hudgens, scandal, vanessa