VS fashion show back on - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-07-2005
V.I.P.

VS fashion show back on
"Men everywhere can breathe a sigh of relief — the Victoria's Secret show is back on. The lingerie giant canceled last year's show after prudish TV viewers complained to the FCC. But we're told the buzz around the modeling agencies is that girls are being put on hold for an extravaganza at the Lexington Avenue Armory in November. We hear it will be Tyra Banks' last Victoria's Secret show as well as pregnant Heidi Klum's post-baby runway return. Gisele Bundchen, Karolina Kurkova and our fave, Adriana Lima (above), will also strut their stuff in the company's saucy creations. A new TV deal is yet to be worked out.

Source: Page Six"

AMEN.

let the church say AMEN. hallelujah, shout it out to the heavens. WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

and that's all i got to say about that.

cannot wait to see my girls KK, Gisele, Tyra, Adriana, Heidi and Naomi bringing the bombshell gorgeousness to the runway.

tyra's last time? oh i have to find a way to get tickets.

19-07-2005
rising star

yay
yay! I missed the VS fashion show!
Is Tyra's contract w/ VS over this year?

19-07-2005
V.I.P.

i don't know whether tyra's contact is over with VS or not. it really wouldn't suprise me. she's been with them for almost a decade and is arguably their most recognized model. but she's also starting a national talk show in the fall, as well as ANTM, and i'm sure is ready to hang up the ole "supermodel" gloves.

CANNOT wait to see her in the show though. she always rocks the runway.

i wonder if newish models like Gemma Ward, and Valentina Zalieva will get a spot on the show this year. Maybe Maja Latinovic will as well. and i'd love to see Natalia Vodianova strut down the VS runway. she's got enough curve to do it.

19-07-2005
User Friendly

I doubt Gemma would be there.. I think she looks too young.. and she doesn't have enough curves.

Natalia would be great though, so would Doutzen, Jessica Miller, Valentina would be nice too, as would Nicole Trunfio, Natasha Poly Julia Stegner and Marija Vujovic.

19-07-2005
V.I.P.

i cant wait..even if last time was so trashy and looked like a baby phat show, it's still really fun to see that type of thing on primetime tv. :p

charlotte..i also doubt gemma will be there, they never invited Natalia even though she was huge already when the show last aired.. same for Julia Stegner, Erin Wasson, etc. i dont like Gemma so i couldnt care less. i think caroline trentini will do it though, she's big right now and has some curves.

also daria

19-07-2005
rising star

Nat~
Yeah ~~ Natalia will be soo awesome!
They should totally inviter her!!!!!!
I wonder if the CK contract will prevent her from doing it though(since she does CK lingerie too).......
I would love to see daria on the runway aswell.
I cant wait to see who is participating in it~

19-07-2005
V.I.P.

I agree with those who have mentioned Valentina and Marija. I think they would fit in amazingly!

I hope they bring back Eugenia. They used her a couple years ago and I thought she was amazing.

19-07-2005
V.I.P.

erin wasson looks completely emaciated. i don't think they would want her for the VS show.

Doutzen is GORGEOUS, so i'd love to see her there!
daria. . . she looks pretty thin, and i really think she was a flash in the pan as far as popularity goes. but they have had Dewi Driegen the past 2 years and she's extremely thin, so maybe daria would get in it this year.

anyway,
here's a condensed HQ video of the last show. it cuts out all the interviews and performances and blah blah, and just compiles the runway segments. LOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEED this show. the 2002 one was cool, but it was shot waaaay to choppy. in this one, you actually get to see the models walking down the runway a bit.

my favourite 2 parts are when tyra comes out the 2nd time. . .when the N.E.R.D song starts playing, in the white and red outfit with the shoulders. she just flat out OWNS the runway right then.

my other fav is when Karolina opens the segment, and the camera shot is from behind the runway as she's walking out with the lights in front of her. her feet crossing over each other, hands on hips. i think its so beautiful and her walk is so graceful. she walks on air, karolina.

anyway, enjoy.

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...H15VZCGQYVOMC5

Last edited by happycanadian; 19-07-2005 at 05:17 PM.
19-07-2005
rising star

aww
thnx alot!
Tyra definately has the biggest presence in the VS shows in my point of view!:p

19-07-2005
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

Praise the lord:p

19-07-2005
front row

Halleluya.

19-07-2005
front row

We should all go out on the street with VS logo clothings and start celebrating. People will be like WTH?

19-07-2005
User Friendly

I also doubt Daria will be there.. thats why I didn't include her in my original list.. I could be wrong.. but she doesn't have much in the hips department.. but then again neither does Giselle.. also Daria is known for having a great personality... maybe she'll charm her way on the show. I hope she is there though.

Edit: I forgot to include Stam in my original list too.. she isn't rail thin.. and I think she can be done up to look very commercial... I think she'd be great for VS..

Last edited by CharlottefromCA; 19-07-2005 at 08:18 PM.
19-07-2005
rising star

yehey! woooot!!

19-07-2005
chaos reigns

Isabeli!

What's a VS fashion show w/o Isabeli?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion