How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-10-2006
V.I.P.

The WHALE RIDER is having a baby? But she was a kid just yesterday, talking about the whale hair thing at the Oscars. Very brave, though.

01-11-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Blythe~
^^I think most 16 year olds are having sex, its normal.
It shouldn't be "normal." As a 15 year old, I believe that people should *wait* until they are older and financially stable to have kids, when they are physically, emotionally, and mentally mature enough to have a kid. But then again, who am I to judge? Not my kid, not my problem. I do, however, respect the fact that Ms. Keyshia didn't have an abortion. I'm pro choice, but the idea of teenagers getting abortions just to get the "easy" way out disgusts me.

The girl is 16. I've seen girls 11 and under having kids all the time on the Maury Show. She's financially stable and a supporting family, she'll be fine. But I'm not sure if her career will.

Last edited by sexydaydreamer; 01-11-2006 at 02:44 PM.
01-11-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexydaydreamer

It shouldn't be "normal." As a 15 year old, I believe that people should *wait* until they are older and financially stable to have kids, when they are physically, emotionally, and mentally mature enough to have a kid. But then again, who am I to judge? Not my kid, not my problem. I do, however, respect the fact that Ms. Keyshia didn't have an abortion. I'm pro choice, but the idea of teenagers getting abortions just to get the "easy" way out disgusts me.

The girl is 16. I've seen girls 11 and under having kids all the time on the Maury Show. She's financially stable and a supporting family, she'll be fine. But I'm not sure if her career will.

Karma for being such a wise young lady

backstage pass

I'm glad that the baby daddy is older than her - that at least means that there'll be ONE adult in the household!

And come on guys, he's only 3 years older than her. When I was 16, my man was 18. And when I was 14... nvm, that was a mistake.

V.I.P.

^A 19 year old as an adult. What a joke.

But satisfaction brought it back
01-11-2006
V.I.P.

I could've sworn I already said this.

SHES A MORON AND A LOSER FOR HAVING A CHILD AT 16!! I couldnt care less if she fcuked everyone. But she's still a loser for having a kid so young.

01-11-2006
backstage pass

How stupid of her to have a child, at the age of 16.
I mean, she's so young. She's still a teenager.

Forgive the urgency but hurry up and wait
My heart has started to separate

01-11-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexydaydreamer

You are right, but what does this have to do with teenagers having sex? Of course, that can lead to such a stupid thing as a teen pregnancy, but then should only people who are ready to have a child have sex? A lot of people in their twenties and thirties don't feel like they would be ready to raise a kid, but should they not have sex? People who do an abortion are not ready have sex?

V.I.P.

^It's called BIRTH CONTROL and CONDOMS.

And some people are just still to clueless to use them.

But satisfaction brought it back
01-11-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess
^It's called BIRTH CONTROL and CONDOMS.

And some people are just still to clueless to use them.
I know, but let's say a 32-year-old woman wants to do an abortion. Was she too immature to have sex?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
You are right, but what does this have to do with teenagers having sex? Of course, that can lead to such a stupid thing as a teen pregnancy, but then should only people who are ready to have a child have sex? A lot of people in their twenties and thirties don't feel like they would be ready to raise a kid, but should they not have sex? People who do an abortion are not ready have sex?
I know it's not PC, but I do feel that if you are not ready to have a child (there's an arguement that no one is ever truly ready, no matter what the age or financial situation, but I'm talking about it not being an end of the world scenario) then you shouldn't be doing what could be leading you to have a child. Like, if you really don't want to get in a wreck because you've been drinking, you don't drink and drive - you don't drink and then drive really really slowly all the way home, clutching the wheel and concentrating really hard and hoping you don't crash. You probably won't crash, but if crashing is that horrible a prospect for you, why would you risk it?

I'm pro-contraception, and while I believe abortion is always the taking of an innocent life, I do believe it's not a black and white issue, and sometimes it's understandable and sometimes it's self-defense and sometimes it's murder. Every case is different, and I'm not for outlawing abortion, and I'm extremely pro-sex, but pro RESPONSIBLE sex. People of all ages don't seem to get that while sex does not have to be done only for procreative reasons, procreation is the natural result many times because of simple biology - women want it more, and are more attractive to men, when we're fertile. And too many people think with their genitals, or don't think at all, or think they can outsmart the system, and then are shocked and appalled when nature wins.

So yeah, I think you should have enough maturity and sense of responsiblity to be able to handle whatever may result from consensual sex before partaking in it. And again, I am NOT saying that people who have sex should be having babies willy nilly, or that's all that sex is there for, and I do think they should have some sort of basic intelligence when it comes to cause and effect. No form of birth control, outside of tying your tubes I think, is 100% effective. Even vasectomies have been known to reverse themselves. Everything else is below 100% by the Pill/condom/IUD/etc's makers own admission. If you're not ready to have a child and either raise it/put it up for adoption/have an abortion, you need to either not be having sex, not be having sex while fertile, or using like 3 different kinds of birth control at the same time.

I'm tired of people who don't bother with birth control, or don't bother to read the literature that comes with it (take the pill - 99% effective when used CORRECTLY - that doesn't mean just every day, that means every day at the same time, you're off by more than 3 hours for the estrogen pills, or 1 hour for the progesterin, you ovulate) and then act like their "surprise" pregnancy is some sort of inexplicable occurance. I'm tired of no one thinking things through, or taking responsiblity for the result of their actions.

And for those of you screaming that she's too young and should have an abortion - you're not pro-choice, I take it?

Last edited by Anastasia; 02-11-2006 at 03:59 AM.
02-11-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia
I know it's not PC, but I do feel that if you are not ready to have a child (there's an arguement that no one is ever truly ready, no matter what the age or financial situation, but I'm talking about it not being an end of the world scenario) then you shouldn't be doing what could be leading you to have a child. Like, if you really don't want to get in a wreck because you've been drinking, you don't drink and drive - you don't drink and then drive really really slowly all the way home, clutching the wheel and concentrating really hard and hoping you don't crash. You probably won't crash, but if crashing is that horrible a prospect for you, why would you risk it?

I'm pro-contraception, and while I believe abortion is always the taking of an innocent life, I do believe it's not a black and white issue, and sometimes it's understandable and sometimes it's self-defense and sometimes it's murder. Every case is different, and I'm not for outlawing abortion, and I'm extremely pro-sex, but pro RESPONSIBLE sex. People of all ages don't seem to get that while sex does not have to be done only for procreative reasons, procreation is the natural result many times because of simple biology - women want it more, and are more attractive to men, when we're fertile. And too many people think with their genitals, or don't think at all, or think they can outsmart the system, and then are shocked and appalled when nature wins.

So yeah, I think you should have enough maturity and sense of responsiblity to be able to handle whatever may result from consensual sex before partaking in it. And again, I am NOT saying that people who have sex should be having babies willy nilly, or that's all that sex is there for, and I do think they should have some sort of basic intelligence when it comes to cause and effect. No form of birth control, outside of tying your tubes I think, is 100% effective. Even vasectomies have been known to reverse themselves. Everything else is below 100% by the Pill/condom/IUD/etc's makers own admission. If you're not ready to have a child and either raise it/put it up for adoption/have an abortion, you need to either not be having sex, not be having sex while fertile, or using like 3 different kinds of birth control at the same time.

I'm tired of people who don't bother with birth control, or don't bother to read the literature that comes with it (take the pill - 99% effective when used CORRECTLY - that doesn't mean just every day, that means every day at the same time, you're off by more than 3 hours for the estrogen pills, or 1 hour for the progesterin, you ovulate) and then act like their "surprise" pregnancy is some sort of inexplicable occurance. I'm tired of no one thinking things through, or taking responsiblity for the result of their actions.

And for those of you screaming that she's too young and should have an abortion - you're not pro-choice, I take it?
I agree with the line I highlighted. In order to have sex you need to be able to handle either having the child / getting an abortion / giving it up for adoption.

Even though I do not agree at all with the line that abortion is murder at some cases (in my mind it never is, but I do get that you are pro-choice, and that is fine), it is immature and stupid that some people mistake abortion for contraception, which it clearly is not.

fashion insider

That's one of the reasons I stopped having sex...(apart from the fact I hate it..haha). I'm not ready to have children, maybe not ever, and the thought of accidentally getting pregnant terrifies me. I thought all the time...oh my god this could lead to me having a baby. It's scary as hell!

03-11-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen

The way I see it, teenagers have no business having sex period. The vast majority of teenagers who do have sex have no idea what they are getting themselves into.

If you don't want a baby, then simply don't have sex, or at least put yourself on birth control (99% affective, when used properly), use condoms (97% affect, when used properly). There are so many contraceptives and anti-pregnancy pills out there for people to use, there is absolutely no reason to get pregnant. And besides, there are so many diseases out there, you just don't know who has what. That is another reason why you should wait for sex. Not for just financial (i.e. parenthood) issues, but also for medical/health reasons. Sex isn't a game, but a lot of people (teens as well as adults just don't realize it.)

And as for abortion, there are other ways to deal w/pregnancy besides aborting your child. Adoption and foster care are options. Of course, not every kid will get adopted, and will have to be put into foster care. But foster care is a lot better than being simply aborted. And besides, abortions can lead to guilt and guilt can lead to serious depression and depression can lead to suicide.

But in situations like rape, I can see why a woman would want to abort. I wouldn't blame her for doing so, but adoption should be considered. If the woman's life is on the line, then a woman should most definitely "abort" (in that situation, I wouldn't even consider it abortion but more like a "medical procedure."

So, if you don't want a kid, then don't have sex. Sex isn't a game or some recreation, there are so many emotional, mental and health factors that go into sex that need to be considered.

Anyway, I'm done w/my ramblings. Sorry for this long post!

03-11-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia
Karma for being such a wise young lady

Thanks!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
16yearold, actress, child, pregnant, rider, whale