How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
04-11-2006
  196
trendsetter
 
Alliecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,041
^ I had the same thought as well- but then realised that Aboriginal means indigenous to that land. So Aboriginal is correct if you use the word in it's correct setting and not solely as the name for the indigenous peoples of Australia. While semantically not correct as Maori were not the inhabitants of NZ first (Mariori and then perhaps others) it can be used, just.

  Reply With Quote
 
04-11-2006
  197
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaRL_MiLK_Tea
actually shes Maori:p
I apologisize for my ignorance, I wrote it about three in the morning, my bad :p

But about the Aboriginal thing...you are right Alliecat, and for some reason I know it but just can't seem to remember...I think it has to be done with the fact that English is not my first language. You know when you know some things but always mess up when you are supposed to use them?

__________________
"Because of all sorts of cloth have their motions, as well as Bodies, it must needs that they differ in themselves." -Lomazzo
  Reply With Quote
04-11-2006
  198
fashion insider
 
misssakura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Auckland/Berkshire
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
Would you like to clear your point?
Don't think i'm attacking you or anything

There's just a large of women who can't have sex/don't enjoy sex that's all. Just whenever I see a statement saying "sex is enjoyable" it just makes out that every single woman in the world loves it...if everybody was like me there would be no more babies (not such a good thing)

  Reply With Quote
04-11-2006
  199
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,773
No, I didn't think you were attacking...I just wanted to know what exactly you meant since that percentage sounded so high. Just a simple question

While I do know there are women who do not enjoy sex, I didn't think it was such a large group - almost half of women! Sorry for the stupid question, but if a woman does feel dissatisfacted by sex, do they still enjoy masturbation? Is the problem in that they feel other people do not know how to satisfy them?

I'm sorry if it came across as "everyone finds sex enjoyable". That isn't what I meant, but as I was more talking about my point of view...But I didn't think the percentage was so high, it's shocking!

__________________
"Because of all sorts of cloth have their motions, as well as Bodies, it must needs that they differ in themselves." -Lomazzo
  Reply With Quote
04-11-2006
  200
fashion insider
 
misssakura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Auckland/Berkshire
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,381
It's an absence of any sexual pleasure through any form of contact which may occur at any point throughout the woman's life or throughout the duration of the woman's life. (Just google FSAD it should come up with a lot of results). It can be either mentally related or physical, but due to the lack of studies on a woman's sexuality the physical aspects aren't very well understood.

A survey done around the same time as this figure found that over 60% of women were unhappy with their bodies and felt a pressure to comply with the standards presented in the media, not just the glossy airbrushed images in the magazines but the romance sections of magazines, books, television shows, films etc.

I'd definitely agree that there is a LOT of pressure on women to be sexual attractive women, and definitely from a younger age too. I know my parents most definitely didn't have that pressure. I think a lot of younger girls are being bombarded with the notion they're ready to be romantically involved even from 12,13 years of age. I think as well because of this a lot of girls are only focusing on this 'goal', instead of thinking of the responsibilities and understanding the process before jumping right in.

Stupid cosmopolitan magazine. heh

  Reply With Quote
04-11-2006
  201
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by misssakura
It's an absence of any sexual pleasure through any form of contact which may occur at any point throughout the woman's life or throughout the duration of the woman's life. (Just google FSAD it should come up with a lot of results). It can be either mentally related or physical, but due to the lack of studies on a woman's sexuality the physical aspects aren't very well understood.

A survey done around the same time as this figure found that over 60% of women were unhappy with their bodies and felt a pressure to comply with the standards presented in the media, not just the glossy airbrushed images in the magazines but the romance sections of magazines, books, television shows, films etc.

I'd definitely agree that there is a LOT of pressure on women to be sexual attractive women, and definitely from a younger age too. I know my parents most definitely didn't have that pressure. I think a lot of younger girls are being bombarded with the notion they're ready to be romantically involved even from 12,13 years of age. I think as well because of this a lot of girls are only focusing on this 'goal', instead of thinking of the responsibilities and understanding the process before jumping right in.

Stupid cosmopolitan magazine. heh
Exactly.

It's funny to notice though, that in my circle of people, teen boys are becoming very insecure about sex. In many cases, the girl would want to have sex, but the boy finds it too early or scary. Ok, there are also the classic cases of boys wanting drunken girls to do a blow job to them...

I definetily have always felt great pressure to be sexually attractive (when I was ten I wanted to be a porn star or a stripper, no kidding), thanks to our society and the image media gives. Sexism has gone nowhere...women and men are in no way equal. I have to say my way of thinking about men is not positive - I see men as creatures who only seek for "good looks", good manners and quiet personality in a woman. I see that men are only after immature girls, not grown women, to be exact.

__________________
"Because of all sorts of cloth have their motions, as well as Bodies, it must needs that they differ in themselves." -Lomazzo
  Reply With Quote
04-11-2006
  202
front row
 
Skirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Gender: femme
Posts: 273
My first and only love (as of yet) had 3 kids by 3 women. He's 21, his oldest child is 7. He's ridiculously mature now, but he had a rough life which made him mature faster. However, when he was 14, even 15 & 16, he was ridiculously immature - which is why the mothers of his first two children did not inform him of their pregnancies until he was 19.

Do I think anyone is READY at 16 to raise a child? No. She might be an exception, yes - but the odds are high that she isn't.

  Reply With Quote
04-11-2006
  203
trendsetter
 
Alliecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
But about the Aboriginal thing...you are right Alliecat, and for some reason I know it but just can't seem to remember...I think it has to be done with the fact that English is not my first language. You know when you know some things but always mess up when you are supposed to use them?
Am currently debating the whole thing with my part Maori partner/husband. He thinks it's just confusing and the word shouldn't be used. Maori is not Aborigine...

But you were correct!

Wow - this thread has turned up some interesting topics and discussions! More interesting than I would have imagined when I first started reading.

  Reply With Quote
28-12-2006
  204
trendsetter
 
jjbunny79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: İstasyon İnsanları
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,319
rite now, im turning 17 and a half and a month, but for some reason instead of wondering will she be a good parent or not, i was thing "geez she gonna miss out alot of thing in her life" :S:S

  Reply With Quote
28-12-2006
  205
V.I.P.
 
eternitygoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,041
The boyfriend is cute at least. Saw a pic of him in a mag. But wayyyyyy too young to be a parent.

__________________
Curiosity killed the cat...

But satisfaction brought it back
  Reply With Quote
29-12-2006
  206
fashion insider
 
kiss&tell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,477
She's gonna miss out on alot of fun things in life especially now that she has to dedicate and commit to alot of things and she's still quite young.

__________________
myspace.com/hanaaa_
Its the little things that keep me holding on to you . <3
  Reply With Quote
29-12-2006
  207
V.I.P.
 
SweetFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: a glass box
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,951
Yes, that's true^^

__________________
A fashion blog:
http://elusive-cadence.blogspot.com
  Reply With Quote
29-12-2006
  208
V.I.P.
 
J'ador-DioR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,489
I don' t see what the big deal with it to be honest. I used to live in a neighbourhood where 14 year olds were pregnant with their second child
If she' s happy then good for her. I'm sure she has the required support whenever she needs it.

  Reply With Quote
29-12-2006
  209
backstage pass
 
sogangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: tri-coastal
Gender: femme
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbunny79
rite now, im turning 17 and a half and a month, but for some reason instead of wondering will she be a good parent or not, i was thing "geez she gonna miss out alot of thing in her life" :S:S
agreed

  Reply With Quote
29-12-2006
  210
V.I.P.
 
xmodel citizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Doll
Wow...that article is just...So this means when her baby brother or sister is born, and after mum gives birth..Her mothers newborn baby will be an aunt or uncle to her baby...Weird..
Um, that's how it is in my family. My nephew is a year older than my brother.

Wow, reading the first few pages of this thread was, uh, interesting. Sorry, but unless you're the one living her life, you have no right to judge.

__________________
Less talk. More Barack.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
16yearold, actress, child, pregnant, rider, whale
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.