How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

Ok i dont understand why people are judging her .. im probally making a wild guess in saying non of us know her personally .. if someone was to prejudge me and say i wouldnt be a good mother id be heart broken. I believe as long as your a good mother age does not matter. At 16 you could be a better mother then someone who is 30.. depends on the individual person. and she is going to have one advantage over your typical young mum .. money.

Quote:
And he's 19 and she's 16? WTF. Where I'm from you could get 5-10 years for that.
its only 3 years .. its not a big deal at all. Shes probally more mature then he is 19 year old guys are generally so immature.

okso i guess im totaly biased on this subject but still .. we shouldnt judge her so

06-10-2006
front row

What is all this mature s**t? She is 16! Since when is that okay? No, we should'nt judge but everyone has an opinion. And money is not eveything, kathy and rick hilton have money and the result:*drum roll* PARIS HILTON
We don't know crap about this girl to say she is mature or not, this is crazy she is a kid, whatever happen to 16 year olds playing jump rope and barbie dolls and holding hands with boys? The youth have gotten out of control, I don't care what business she is in this is not okay

Last edited by high maintenance; 06-10-2006 at 01:19 PM.
06-10-2006
V.I.P.

^^ im not saying that she is neccessarily mature im just saying its a well known fact that a 7 year old girl has the maturity of a 13 year old boy.

you are also basing every young parent on kathy and rick hilton is that not a bit sterotypical and prejudice ??

here in england you can be married with a home, full time job and kids .. so its nothign new really.

shes not the first and she certainly wont be the last.

06-10-2006
front row

Not once did I say every young parent is kathy and rick hilton, where and when did I say that? Iam hearing alot of this she has money thing so I guess that makes it more okay, and Iam pointing out that having money has nothing to do with it (although it helps) 2, your right this most def won't be the last time, it just kills me to see this all time, 3 I don't know what goes on and Whats okay in England, I don't live there, and to me in my opinion this isn't okay, 4 I wasn't responding to your comment alone just my general thoughts

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

How disappointing...

But satisfaction brought it back
06-10-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Babies...Havin' Babies...

I think that title pretty much says it all

fashion icon

Wow, I can't believe that some people here think that there's nothing wrong with the fact that she's pregnant at 16.

Being a parent is a HUGE responsibility. Even people who are in their 30s and 40s will think twice about having a child because they know that being a parent entails a lot of responsibility.

I bet she didn't plan this pregnancy. I bet she's just pregnant because she was an irresponsible 16-year-old.

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Not once did I say every young parent is kathy and rick hilton, where and when did I say that? Iam hearing alot of this she has money thing so I guess that makes it more okay, and Iam pointing out that having money has nothing to do with it (although it helps) 2, your right this most def won't be the last time, it just kills me to see this all time, 3 I don't know what goes on and Whats okay in England, I don't live there, and to me in my opinion this isn't okay, 4 I wasn't responding to your comment alone just my general thoughts
understood

06-10-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

I clicked on this thread from the main page of the forums (seeing only the "Whale Rider's 16 year old..." part) and thought "I don't care what it is, that girl's amazing, it doesn't matter. She's so talented!"

Then I saw the pregnant part and thought, WTF?

She's only a year older than me. And I couldn't even imagine having a baby... I find them cute, but I've had enough of them after ten minuets. Hopefully she's got more dedication than I do...

06-10-2006
front row

Does anyone else find it ironic that she's playing the Virgin Mary in a movie?

06-10-2006
front row

^^^

06-10-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel
Does anyone else find it ironic that she's playing the Virgin Mary in a movie?
xx

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamaria
its only 3 years .. its not a big deal at all. Shes probally more mature then he is 19 year old guys are generally so immature.

okso i guess im totaly biased on this subject but still .. we shouldnt judge her so
In some places it's considered statutory rape for a minor (-18) to have sex with an adult (18+). The ages may be different where she lives.

06-10-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamaria
Ok i dont understand why people are judging her .. im probally making a wild guess in saying non of us know her personally .. if someone was to prejudge me and say i wouldnt be a good mother id be heart broken. I believe as long as your a good mother age does not matter. At 16 you could be a better mother then someone who is 30.. depends on the individual person. and she is going to have one advantage over your typical young mum .. money.

I didn't see any comment that was really bashing her. No one is judging her character. I'm saying that she's just not emotionally ready to care for a kid at her age. I don't care if I don't know the girl or not. And agreed, she may be a better mother than someone who is 30, but it that just cause for her to get pregnant? That dosen't make the situation seem any better.

And if she were my daughter, 3 years would be a big deal, regardless of his maturity level. This is just a guess, but I HIGHLY doubt he wanted kids at 19 years old.

06-10-2006
101st monkey airborne

My mum was preggers at 16. She's still married to my Dad, and it'll be their 48th anniversary next spring. Three of my sisters did the same--married with baby before 18--and they're all together happy and still together with their spouses. The kids are no screwier than any other kids, perhaps even less. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins have always been at hand to help with childrearing, though. The concept of family is larger than the American nuclear ideal in most cultures in the world, even though I'm ostensibly white-bread Anglo myself.

Being the youngest in my family, I thought 16 was a really worldly, sophisticated majority to reach, until I got there myself. All I could think then was "I sure as hell don't want to be pregnant and married at this age!"

I'm sure she'll do just fine!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
16yearold, actress, child, pregnant, rider, whale