How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-10-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

As a teenaged girl, I have to agree with the people that say that she is emotionally immature... I look around at all the girls my age, and they all seem to be moody, emotional, and just plain babies in developed bodies.

That said, it has been done before, and it will be done again- by her. She'll live. It's just a shame that she won't get to "discover" herself in her twenties like the rest of us; she'll be too busy taking her kid to school and packing lunches and kissing boo-boos.

If she thinks of herself as mature enough to have sex- unprotected sex at that- I suppose she finds herself mature enough to raise a baby.

06-10-2006
VSFS 2009!

Well...for what it's worth....many girls I know in NY have had abortions when they got pregnant. But secretly because it's kinda...uh...frowned upon very heavily in our social circle. Anyway...she's very brave for having it. I was extremely shocked because I liked her in whale rider and sorta thought of her as this little girl but I hope she can handle the responsibility of being a parent

06-10-2006
fashion insider

I'm not racist but..all maori women seem to get knocked up really young. REALLY young. 15, 16, 17 they're churning out children and then claiming benefits from the government because they're "impovrished". I expected better from Keisha. My boyfriend saw her at the cinema just a few weeks ago.

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

^And not just the Maoris dear...

But satisfaction brought it back
06-10-2006
V.I.P.

Amazing...not in a good way either. Good luck to her. I couldn't even stand the pain of giving birth. Shoot, I can barely handle tummy cramps.

06-10-2006
Fashionably Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel
Does anyone else find it ironic that she's playing the Virgin Mary in a movie?
Well then that explains it...she was really into her role and is pregnant through "immaculate conception."

06-10-2006
rêverie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmogrl5
Well then that explains it...she was really into her role and is pregnant through "immaculate conception."
... i didn't see this one coming. i guess she's been busy since whale rider ... hope all works out for her.

Last edited by kikidior; 06-10-2006 at 06:08 PM.
06-10-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

Oh this is golden... Keisha's mom just had a baby!

Quote:
Not a typical teen
Castle-Hughes, who just turned 16 before filming began, might have a thing for Cokes, but she's also got a thing for this role. "She's taking it incredibly seriously," says Rich. "She's quiet, reserved, and mature beyond her years. She's not the type to run off to the mall, like other teenagers."
"At some points," adds Bowen, "she seems like a regular teenager. But at other points, she seems like a mature young woman. The gravity of what she's doing is coming to her more and more every day."
The young Kiwi says she feels the weight of responsibility in playing this role.

Keisha Castle-Hughes plays Mary

"When I got the part, it didn't hit me at first," says Castle-Hughes, nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress at age 12 for her role in Whale Rider, one of 2003's best films. "But on the plane over here, I was writing in my diary, and then it hit me: Ohhh! I'm playing Mary!
"The biggest thing, you never think that she was just 14 and carrying a child. She was just a girl, and then the next day, she's a woman and married, and the next she becomes like the mother of the world."
Castle-Hughes, who says she adheres to "no particular religion," says she has received some good tips from her mother about what it's like to carry a child within.
"My mum's 8½ months pregnant right now," she says, "so she's going through exactly what my character is going through. She's giving me great advice." Castle-Hughes, who'd endured 90-plus-degree heat for that day's filming, laughs and adds, "All I know is that after this, I'm never having a child!"
Still, she says she likes "the way the story is told from a human point of view." Her co-star, the 26-year-old Oscar Isaac, agrees.
"In past films," he says, "the story has felt very 'representational'—they were walking icons. For me, it was very important to learn as much as possible about what these people were like and how they lived, so that when we played the parts, the characters would be as authentic as possible."
christianitytoday.com
June 2006 article

And if anyone is interested, I believe this is the babydaddy

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1ku9.jpg

06-10-2006
front row

Huh..there goes that idiot's career...

VSFS 2009!

^ Having a baby does not affect one's ability to act. However. I do agree that this might affect a casting director's perception of her.

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Castle-Hughes, who'd endured 90-plus-degree heat for that day's filming, laughs and adds, "All I know is that after this, I'm never having a child!"
...if only she had stuck with that thought!

06-10-2006
fashion icon

Even if she is a mature 16 year old, I still feel that this is way too young to have a baby.

06-10-2006
backstage pass

They started dating when she was 14 and he was 17? Shouldn't that be illegal? Anyone know what the age of consent is in NZ?

06-10-2006
i'm almost ready..

i'm shocked....

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

Wow...that article is just...So this means when her baby brother or sister is born, and after mum gives birth..Her mothers newborn baby will be an aunt or uncle to her baby...Weird..

Last edited by Gypsy_Doll; 06-10-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
16yearold, actress, child, pregnant, rider, whale