How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2012
V.I.P.

I'm just waiting to see how ELLE Brasil responds to Coco's frustration.

24-04-2012
fashion elite

y people can't respect her choice?

you can't bring her old covers to demonstrate the level of nudity in her work. people change, what she did in the past doesnt mean it will reflect her future works. she could do nude in the past but now decided not to do it anymore.

in this case, she did wear undergarment during the photoshoot. so clearly she didn't want to show any of the nudity. so if elle brazil decided to photoshop the shot then they should have at least let her know.

i do not see any major problem with the cover regarding the nudity but i think everyone should respect coco's choice.

24-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
^^Well, it would certainly be hard if someone shot for Vogue US and refused to wear fur if that's how they were meant to be styled.

But yeah, we can agree to disagree.
If you get booked for a shoot for Vogue US would you really know whether or not you would be wearing a piece with fur until you showed up at the shoot. Of course you could ask about it or say that you refuse to shoot with fur beforehand, but I think it would probably just make Vogue US not want to book you; unless you are a really big name and they would happily agree to anything just to have you, which is probably more likely the case with actresses not models.

Last edited by Jenna16; 24-04-2012 at 11:33 PM.
24-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
i do not see any major problem with the cover regarding the nudity but i think everyone should respect coco's choice.
My thoughts exactly.

25-04-2012
V.I.P.

I totally support and respect her self-proclaimed wish not to do nudity. I think an attitude that if you're a model you should expect to do nudity is ridiculous.

However, here's my confusion in all this, how did she not think this was going to happen? If they were going to publish an image of her in this dress (which is quite revealing lbh), did she honestly think they were going to allow it to be obvious that she's wearing a body suit underneath? Maybe I'm wrong about the point of the body suit to begin with, but isn't it to give the illusion of nudity without actually having the model nude? If so, that's exactly what Elle Brazil did.

So either, Coco was really naive bordering on foolish. Or she's not being honest here.

Last edited by MyNameIs; 25-04-2012 at 12:15 AM.
25-04-2012
V.I.P.

^ Along with that. If you are that picky about what sorts of images get taken of you or get published when you work as a fashion model where showing lots of skin is in style. Then maybe she shouldn't be working as a model. I don't think criticizing her is being disrespectful of choices because she can choose to not be a fashion model if she doesn't like how she will potentially be photoshopped. I would also respect her choice if she decided not to do anymore work for Elle because she disliked how she was portrayed. I just feel that the way she went about expressing it was very unprofessional.

On the other hand if she made a comment like that on her twitter/facebook about how she is unhappy with the government or expressing her protests against some war, I think that would be fine.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalefashion View Post
Coco Rocha you don't is a superstar, Please Elle Brasil next time calling for someone more simple maybe Christy Turlington, Eva Herzigova. And not amateurs sad with Coco
Amateur? Honey, please.

front row

Right? I can't imagine that dress with a visible body suit underneath. It would sort of ruin the look. I mean yes, you are a famous model but the idea is still for the garment to look its best. On one hand I respect her boundries and her voice and definitely think she has a right to them. However, you're a model, you are just a piece of the puzzle and it is not all about you. The final image really doesn't give her much to complain about. I feel like Coco gives the general impression of being a whiner and she should learn how to pick her battles better.

fashion elite

She's barely showing skin, get over yourself woman.

25-04-2012
fashion elite

For some reason Model Alliance was created. Because models are people and they dont have to "shut up" like I saw some people saying in this thread.
She was right about speaking out. As she was when that Terry Richardson.
In my point of view its important to speak, mainly when you are a famous model. Because in the end it can change the way the next generation of models can be treated.

25-04-2012
.my prison is your brain.

If any other model was making this same argument I might have compassion, but I feel like she's a little too high-and-mighty. She always finds some cause for complaint or is trying to rally the troops behind some cause. I do agree that great changes are needed in the modeling industry, but she isn't the person I want leading the reform, for the sole reason that she is irritating to no end.

25-04-2012
V.I.P.

I´m copying/pasting my post on her thread:

It´s great that she speaks her mind and have contractual rules about it but honestly I wouldn´t give the cleveage another glance if she hadn´t mentioned it... it´s so blurry that I think seeing she´s wearing a nude suit wouldn´t have made a difference.

25-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
If any other model was making this same argument I might have compassion, but I feel like she's a little too high-and-mighty. She always finds some cause for complaint or is trying to rally the troops behind some cause. I do agree that great changes are needed in the modeling industry, but she isn't the person I want leading the reform, for the sole reason that she is irritating to no end.
totally agree anyother model i will feel different about it,but coco is just like one more complaing about the industry -__- yet she still on it.

front row

oh i highly doubt that this was a language issue..we all know that models get little to no respect in this industry. from some of the stories i've seen floating around, it seems like show ponies get treated better then alot of models. good for her for speaking out-its absurd and frankly outdated to think that she should just shut up or ignore it.

25-04-2012
fashion insider

This is seriously the BEST cover / shot I`ve ever seen of Coco! She should thank them.

PS: The cover is FAR from "suggesting" nudity. She needs to shut up.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brasil, coco, cover, elle, pissed, rocha