How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-04-2012
fashion elite

Good ord Coco stop complaining about every single thing. Annoyed. It is cleavage pretty sure she has worn runway dresses showing this much cleavage or more. I think she does it for attention to be honest. Seems like she is always seeking attention always with her mouth wide open.
Posted via Mobile Device

25-04-2012
fashion icon

Nudity doesn't always has to be vulgar, it can be okay (like Erin Heatherton's cover of Serbian Elle in 2011). It's sort of okay when it's for the art IMO. And once again IMO, when it comes to breasts, if you can't see the nipples it's not nude (?)

25-04-2012
backstage pass

some of the comments in this thread.......... makes me embarrassed to even be a member of this forum

25-04-2012
backstage pass

Finally someone who wants to be dressed. Sick and tired of all this nudity and gracelessness that I have to see everywhere.

clever ain't wise

I think they may have enhanced her cleavage and that's what she's upset about. But all in all, this is not a sexualized cover. She looks like an Alien fit for for HR Geiger.

Then again, I'm not the one who got my cleavage enhanced and thrown onto a cover.

25-04-2012
V.I.P.

I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread.

But I guess anyone can be mindlessly rude and mean in front of their computer screens.

25-04-2012
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread.

But I guess anyone can be mindlessly rude and mean in front of their computer screens.
That's hardly improving the tone, is it?

V.I.P.

While I do think she's being much too prude about the whole thing, because I don't see anything even mildly sexualized or too revealing about the cover, I'm really glad she stood up for her rights. I eblieve that's what everyone should do, and I applaud her for that.

25-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
That's hardly improving the tone, is it?
Maybe not but, I'm sorry, there are some seriously disturbing posts in here.

25-04-2012
fashion icon

I cannot believe that some actually people believe that Coco should "shut up" about this cover and issue. Honestly, she's lucky to be in a position where she can speak her mind without experiencing repercussions from the industry. But this is only because she's so well known and respected in the industry. If it was a younger, lesser known model then they might experience backlash for comments like this. Which is why an organization like Model Alliance is a key factor in giving these girls a voice. I really think it's important for models to speak up when something bothers them, how else will the industry improve? Some people would like models to remain "seen and not herd" but this is hardly fair, they are an important part of the fashion industry, just like magazine editors or designers, and thus they should be allowed to speak out against injustice.

And as for the image itself, I actually think Coco looks pretty good on this cover, however since she's uncomfortable with it then I'm uncomfortable with it. By getting rid of the nude bodysuit in the image it does look a bit like she's wearing bodypaint and not a dress. So thus it's giving the illusion that Coco's pretty nude in the image, even if she isn't. As a model Coco has an image, and this image has been tampered with since the release of this Elle Brasil cover.

V.I.P.

^You are so right.

Many people are trying to justify situations like that by saying that the model is too demanding or picky. The thing is that the only way that this industry is going to move forward is if people speak out and try to improve things.

Last edited by Nepenthes; 25-04-2012 at 03:15 PM.
25-04-2012
fashion insider

Tbh, the cover seems fine to me and I don't the huge nudity thing. But if she doesn't like her sexuality being flaunted without her permission, I think she's entitled to say so.

25-04-2012
V.I.P.

I think the major concern here is that the magazine breached contract not that she´s a prude and should shut up. I don´t see anything wrong with the cover and I even think she´s going too far with this "image control" but that doesn´t mean she´s not right...

25-04-2012
fashion icon

Please, Coco Rocha is no Gisele. She's lucky she even gets covers at this point. I understand that she has those values and I think it's great, but she wore a bodysuit. No one can see anything, so what's the point of complaining? Who puts on a dress like that and expects to look fully clothed? You're wearing a sheer dress, not nun's outfit!

25-04-2012
fashion elite

She might be just a model to you guys but I respect her point of view. It is HER image after all and thats all you have as a model. Good on her for not compromising!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brasil, coco, cover, elle, pissed, rocha