How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-08-2012
scenester

Firing him for not recognizing him is just ridiculous.

That does not necessarily imply that the store manager doesn't know the company as others have hinted. It just means that he did not recognize the creative director's face. That's all.

24-08-2012
V.I.P.

I've followed his work for years and I don't think I'd be able to recognise him. I just googled him and I thought he was older. It just seems so ridiculous to me. His job is not to remember faces.

I would, however, be able to recognise Stefano Pilati.

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 24-08-2012 at 06:55 PM.
11-09-2012
rising star

I knew who hedi slimane is but I had no idea how he look like. I just googled his photos and now I know ... I really wanted to see how super-talented snobbish ego-tripper look like.

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

yeah i'd basically have no idea what Heidi looks like either. though - to be fair - if i were a store manager at YSL, i'd certainly be expected to know. BUT, with that being said, famous people always look different in real life. and Heidi is rather ordinary looking. it's not like he's Lady Gaga or something. even though i DO now know what he looks like - if i were sat at the table next to him at dinner next week i'd likely not recognize him in person.

SO - if it's a matter of the employee not recognizing him when he came into the store and being fired for that? then he's definitely got grounds for a lawsuit. 100%.

but if he didn't recognize the name "Hedi Slimane" or didn't know who he was or his role in YSL?! then ... yeah. hit the road, employee. you really should know at least these major details about your company.

MON
V.I.P.

I hope this is just a rumor or something cause if not, it makes me look less of Hedi

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
creative, director, fired, manager, recognizing, store, ysl