How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by pennyfei@Apr 27th, 2004 - 5:14 pm
Gotta get the newst issue of Vogue. I am absolutely intrigued by the French Twist theme. Isn't the french revolution one of the most siginificant things that happened in history?
it is. i used to not care so much about that episode until i read the biography of Fouche and Marie-Antoinette...it was just very impressive..

27-04-2004
front row

Definetively Gisele, Gemma, Daria, Karen, Heather & Gerard!!!!!

Amazing Gisele next to Gemma!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!

maybe Dewi, Caroline W. or Julia could add something extra...

27-04-2004
front row

gemma is horrible, she looks like an ugly zombie
Gisele
Daria

27-04-2004
backstage pass

gisele does not fit at all in the picture...to me. she looks...odd.

27-04-2004
offline.

Quote:
Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Apr 27th, 2004 - 3:33 pm
is that gerard depardieu? ( 3rd pic)
hahahah it kinda looks like him.. I thought he was fatter and had a mullet though.. of course the last time i saw him was in "My Father the Hero"

27-04-2004
Rebaptising my badness

lovely.. and Gerard Depardieu him.

tfs star

okay, photo captions...jus caz some are a bit confused...in order...

Passion Play
The court of Louis XVI thrived on le scandale. Here Gisele Bündchen and Gérard Depardieu (soon to be seen in Bon Voyage) reenact the roles of seduced and seducer as represented in Fragonard's 1778 painting Le Verrou. Christian Lacroix Haute Couture dress.

Court in the Act
Courtesans and queens, actors and archdukes—the rarefied salons of the eighteenth-century French aristocracy were the Bungalow 8 of their day. Hugh Dancy (starring later this year in King Arthur) toys with model Karen Elson's lapdog, as French actor Benjamin Lindbergh (second from left) keeps an eye out for dirty pool in a shot that evokes Louis-Léopold Boilly's The Game of Billiards. All clothes, Christian Dior Haute Couture by John Galliano.

Black Narcissus
In the 1700s, as today, it reflected well on a patron's vanity to commission work by the chicest painters of the hour. Here, new model Gemma Ward watches as the French artist Fabrice Hybert ponders an abstraction. All clothing by Gaultier Paris.

Chambre Music
Louis Garrel (center), who played the sexually adventurous Parisian twin in Bertolucci's The Dreamers, joins Depardieu's debauched soiree around the harpsichord. All clothes, Chanel Haute Couture.

In this story: fashion editor, Grace Coddington; hair, Julien d'Ys; makeup, Gucci Westman. Set design by Jean Hughes de Chatillon. Photography by Annie Leibovitz

28-04-2004
backstage pass

Amazing

Definetively Gisele, Daria and Gemma

Tks i like this article too and the pics are great

28-04-2004
V.I.P.

What wonderful photos thankyou so much for posting

I love model_mom!

Quote:
Originally posted by ebatesy23@Apr 28th, 2004 - 4:21 am
okay, photo captions...jus caz some are a bit confused...in order...

Passion Play
The court of Louis XVI thrived on le scandale. Here Gisele Bündchen and Gérard Depardieu (soon to be seen in Bon Voyage) reenact the roles of seduced and seducer as represented in Fragonard's 1778 painting Le Verrou. Christian Lacroix Haute Couture dress.

Court in the Act
Courtesans and queens, actors and archdukes—the rarefied salons of the eighteenth-century French aristocracy were the Bungalow 8 of their day. Hugh Dancy (starring later this year in King Arthur) toys with model Karen Elson's lapdog, as French actor Benjamin Lindbergh (second from left) keeps an eye out for dirty pool in a shot that evokes Louis-Léopold Boilly's The Game of Billiards. All clothes, Christian Dior Haute Couture by John Galliano.

Black Narcissus
In the 1700s, as today, it reflected well on a patron's vanity to commission work by the chicest painters of the hour. Here, new model Gemma Ward watches as the French artist Fabrice Hybert ponders an abstraction. All clothing by Gaultier Paris.

Chambre Music
Louis Garrel (center), who played the sexually adventurous Parisian twin in Bertolucci's The Dreamers, joins Depardieu's debauched soiree around the harpsichord. All clothes, Chanel Haute Couture.

In this story: fashion editor, Grace Coddington; hair, Julien d'Ys; makeup, Gucci Westman. Set design by Jean Hughes de Chatillon. Photography by Annie Leibovitz
I put a link to this earlier in this thread, but it doesn't name all of the female models. Just Gisele, Karen and Gemma. I certainly see more than that.

Anyway, beautiful pictures and thanks for posting!

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i find it abit too haunting for me.

28-04-2004
windowshopping

That is definitely Lily in the pink dress.

Amazing pictures!

28-04-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by sashatheelf@Apr 27th, 2004 - 9:45 pm
I agree 100%.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by nycgirl84+Apr 28th, 2004 - 3:42 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nycgirl84 @ Apr 28th, 2004 - 3:42 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-sashatheelf@Apr 27th, 2004 - 9:45 pm
I agree 100%. [/b][/quote]
it's probably because Gisele's face and body is way too modern for the time of the story. Gemma fits more into the scene with her delicate, pale skin, i think.

rising star

Gorgeous pictures, Gisele kind of stands out over all the other girls though... I mean that in a good way. She looks great.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
annie, leibovitz, photographer