How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-01-2007
V.I.P.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14964292/site/newsweek/

Candid Shots: Leibovitz with children Sarah (center), Susan and Samuelle at their summer home in upstate New York

07-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirik
here's the rest!

07-01-2007
V.I.P.

Vanity Fair June 2005 Angelina Jolie and Maddox
http://www.inreview.com/archive/topic/32774.html

If you are anxious to hear Angelina Jolie’s side of the story, reach for the next issue of Vanity Fair magazine.

Angelina Jolie discussed newspaper reports linking her to the marriage split of her Mr And Mrs Smith co-star Brad Pitt and former Friends actress Jennifer Aniston. When asked about the picture showing Pitt and herself embracing, she said the picture was a cheap trick – bringing two pictures together to make it seem like both individuals were embracing.

Angelina pointed out the flaw in the picture “it looks like my hand is in his shirt”.

Angelina Jolie also tells Vanity Fair that she was never a shoulder to cry on for Brad Pitt claiming, "I knew nothing about their marriage." But Angelina said that they did learn to trust each other during gun training for the film “Mr. and Mrs. Smith”.

"I know if I ever saw a man be great with my child then that would be it for me.” Angelina added. "I actually know that."

Angelina Jolie talked about her nerves at the prospect of a meeting with staff at her adopted son's English nursery school. Jolie admitted that she was so anxious about going into the nursery that she rearranged three times. Angelina adopted Maddox, from a Cambodian orphanage in 2002 but has chosen to school him in the UK.

"I remembered being sent to the principal's office (as a child), so the idea made me nervous," the 29-year-old actress said.

The June "Vanity Fair" with Angelina Jolie on the cover hits newsstands on Tuesday.

- Fashion Mentor

Last edited by Mirik; 07-01-2007 at 10:08 AM.
07-01-2007
V.I.P.

Vanity Fair March 2006
egostatic.com and vanityfair.com

07-01-2007
V.I.P.

Vanity Fair AUGUST 2006 Tony Bennett. by Annie Leibovitz
vf.com

JANUARY 2006 Joan Didion by Annie Leibovitz

JANUARY 2006 Mikhail Baryshnikov by Annie Leibovitz

08-01-2007
V.I.P.

I love Leibovitz. Her stuff are so real.

flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirik
Vogue US September 2000 “Living Large” Linda Evangelista

bwgreyscale
this date cannot be right---linda just gave birth in 2006....

so---
did anyone watch the documentary???
am i the only one???...

IT WAS GREAT!!...
all about her life and career...
really intimate and sometimes intense...
she really let her guard down and talked about lots of personal stuff...
you should all try to catch it if you can...

09-01-2007
V.I.P.

David&Victoria Beckham by Annie Leibovitz for Vanity Fair,September 1999!

Credit:dendenforums!

10-01-2007
V.I.P.

Scarlett Johansson
http://blya.net/celebs/scarlett-joha...oot-x3-hq.html

10-01-2007
V.I.P.

Wow sometimes I forget how many great editorials shes done. I love the one of Reese and Joaquin, it really captured the mood of the movie and is beautiful. And the one of Angelina and Maddox is the most adorable thing Ive ever seen.Thanks for posting everyone

26-01-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

Disney's dazzling 'Dreams'

By William Keck, USA TODAY
When it comes to wishing upon a star, Annie Leibovitz has far more influence than Jiminy Cricket.
The famed photographer's reputation, combined with the allure of Disney, has sent a pop princess to Wonderland, a soccer stud to slay a dragon and an acclaimed actress scurrying slipperless down a staircase.

Recruited by Disney to promote Disneyland and Walt Disney World's Year of a Million Dreams campaign, Leibovitz persuaded her famous friends to dress up as classic Disney characters. The first images in this ongoing series will appear in the March issues of Vogue, Vanity Fair, W, GQ, Conde Nast Traveller, Cookie and The New Yorker.

"We started by looking at the classic stories —Snow White, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan," Leibovitz says in an e-mail interview. "We put 10 or 12 of the obvious ones into development. The people we got to play the central roles in the first series of photographs felt the way I did about Disney. They all grew up with Disney characters."

Because Cinderella is the favorite character of her 5-year-old daughter, Sarah, Leibovitz says, "princesses had to be dealt with."

Scarlett Johansson was the first A-lister to sign on. She plays Cinderella, dashing down a staircase with the castle aglow in the distance. The image was photographed on the steps of the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial on New York's Riverside Drive with Disney World's Cinderella castle digitally imposed behind her.

LIVE LIKE A PRINCESS: Disney gives away nights in Cinderella's castle

"Scarlett Johansson couldn't wait to put on that tiara," Leibovitz says. The Harry Winston creation is valued at $325,000. The glass slipper was made for the shoot by Steuben. Says Johansson, 22, via e-mail, "It wasn't hard to coax my foot into the iconic glass slipper; it's every little girl's dream, mine included."

Neither did Beyoncé Knowles require coaxing to dress up as Alice in Wonderland alongside Lyle Lovett as the March Hare and Oliver Platt as the mischievous Mad Hatter.

"It was Annie's idea for me to play Alice," Knowles says. "If she wanted me to do it, I was up for it, because she's such a genius."

Knowles, 25, says Alice was one of her favorite Disney characters growing up. And, she says, "it is my sister's (Solange Knowles) absolute favorite! She doesn't know I've done it yet, so she's going to get a real trip out of seeing me in the teacup. It was freezing cold in the teacup, but it didn't matter because we were all so excited and it was shot really fast."

The Alice photo shoot took place in a field on Leibovitz's farm in upstate New York. "We had some teacups from Disneyland shipped in," Leibovitz says. "I hadn't realized that they each weighed several hundred pounds. We had to place them with a forklift. It took a whole day to do that, and then I couldn't move them, because the field was wet."

Leibovitz, who will soon dress another set of celebrities as Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and Little Mermaid Ariel, approached British soccer superstar (and new American import) David Beckham, with the concept of playing Sleeping Beauty's Prince. She asked the 31-year-old whether "prince" was an image he would feel comfortable portraying. Not surprisingly, Beckham was game, and the image was photographed near a lake outside Madrid, where he had been playing soccer for the team Real Madrid. The castle superimposed in the background is from Disneyland Paris.

"I'm the prince, and I'm sort of slaying a dragon, which is something I've never done before, obviously," Beckham says in the Disney press materials. "When I was called about it and asked to do it, I was very honored and really looking forward to it, especially with Annie doing the pictures."

Says Leibovitz: "It seemed perfect for David Beckham, who is a very masculine hero. Saving Sleeping Beauty came natural to him. He's a determined actor, and he became the Prince when he got on that white horse. He was serious about it. My daughter Sarah wanted to know where the dragon was, and I told her that I had left it out of the frame on purpose. I left figures like that up to the viewer's imagination."

He describes himself as a "big kid" who loves to go to theme parks. A fan of Disney characters as a boy, Beckham is now enjoying seeing how these characters are perceived through the eyes of the three children (Brooklyn, 7, Romeo, 4, and Cruz, almost 2) he shares with his wife, Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham.

"The role's reversed now," he says. "It's my sons that love the Disney characters and, you know, it's a big part of their lives; a big part of many children's lives around the world."

27-01-2007
windowshopping

Disney's Year of a Million Dreams Ad Campaign

source: hqcb.net

28-01-2007
V.I.P.

I really don't like the Disney campaign. It looks a little too contrived.

03-02-2007
V.I.P.

inshow @ lj

07-02-2007
scenester

i'm looking foward to vanity fair march hollywood issue. It's a bit boring but the stars always makes me to buy it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
annie, leibovitz, photographer