Carine Roitfeld - Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Paris (June 2009 - April 2010) - Page 55 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-02-2010
front row

^ I couldn't agree more! I must admit Anna has done a hell of a lot for the industry, but I just feel Carine should be given more credit because I believe she is the TRUE influence and inspiration to so many designers. She does things her way - which isn't necessarily by creating this "designer-machine" that Wintour has created in the States.

01-02-2010
fashion icon

Two completely different markets, and also I believe if anything Carine would want to stay a little away from the publicity, its what makes her so fabulous.

01-02-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbirdsel View Post
Yaaaaay! thank you Carine, now can you please stay this way?!
:p
That is the kind of outfit that I also love.
I those Blahnik's booties and Rick Owens coat. So fabulous!

01-02-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbirdsel View Post
Two completely different markets, and also I believe if anything Carine would want to stay a little away from the publicity, its what makes her so fabulous.
The problem here is not really publicity related.
Carine has already given interviews to french tv (I can remember two + one radio itw), and she has been doing videos for vogue.fr ....
So it's not like she's afraid of tv or even talking.

What I'm angry at, is that our Ministry involved three persons in that "secret" meeting : Elizabeth Quin, Anna Wintour and Carine Roitfeld.
So yes, Anna Wintour is worldwide famous, and Carine is mostly famous among the fashion crowd. But I don't appreciate the way media presented this as USA were saving FRENCH Couture, while Carine Roitfeld who was there is french and is working in FRANCE in the FASHION business for more + 20 years !!!!
At least, this is how this meeting has been covered in french media and tv news ...

Anyway ...

02-02-2010
front row

I Agree With You!

02-02-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
The problem here is not really publicity related.
Carine has already given interviews to french tv (I can remember two + one radio itw), and she has been doing videos for vogue.fr ....
So it's not like she's afraid of tv or even talking.

What I'm angry at, is that our Ministry involved three persons in that "secret" meeting : Elizabeth Quin, Anna Wintour and Carine Roitfeld.
So yes, Anna Wintour is worldwide famous, and Carine is mostly famous among the fashion crowd. But I don't appreciate the way media presented this as USA were saving FRENCH Couture, while Carine Roitfeld who was there is french and is working in FRANCE in the FASHION business for more + 20 years !!!!
At least, this is how this meeting has been covered in french media and tv news ...

Anyway ...
You need to bare in mind that Carine lives in France and Anna doesn't. Naturally the French media would focus their camera lenses on the star that they don't have an opportunity to capture everyday. But most importantly Anna is larger than Carine -- not just an editor but a power broker.

Nevertheless Carine is a very open and approachable individual and I applaude her for mingling with guests at after parties as if she's like everyone else. I truly admire her and look forward to bumping into her again -- later this month.

02-02-2010
V.I.P.

^exactly, her power reaches not far from the french border.

03-02-2010
V.I.P.

I think Anna has her kind of exposure, and Carine a different kind. They're also appreciated because of different things they do.

So far Carine hasn't really helped young French designers to the same extent as Anna Wintour did in NY. So I can somehow understand why Anna is stepping in at this point, because she has experience in this particular field.

Not everything is a battle between the two

05-02-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Not everything is a battle between the two
I never said that ...

And yes I agree about the young designers ... You should watch Habillés pour (it's on sundance fashion tv). Mlle Agnčs asks a question to Anna, and Anna says something like well Vogue Italia and Vogue UK supports their young talents, why isn't there such a thing happening in France ? It's a shame ... And I do agree with her ...

I just wish, at least one french journalist say or write "Carine Roitfeld" ... I mean even Grazia didn't write her name down in their legend on this photo with the minister ... I was pretty sad for her ... She's just not into business and probably don't see her job this way ... Nor she thinks "nationalism" is something interesting in a "global" world ... I don't know ... Just speculations ...

05-02-2010
V.I.P.

^ I didn't specifically mean you...just in general it seems some people see Anna 'versus' Carine as if it were a battle.

but I do get your point about nobody even crediting Carine in the pictures then. It seems a bit respectless as if she's nobody at all. In the end, Carine and Anna both can make a difference and of course Carine didn't attend this meeting for no reason

05-02-2010
windowshopping

I think the point is that France is not supporting their new designers and is focussing on british or american ones, and the same thing is happening with crediting the american Wintour and not saying anything about the french Carine!

05-02-2010
Making a Mess

Old outfits but new shots .

frontstyle.com

Last edited by Party_Vixen; 05-02-2010 at 08:50 PM.

09-02-2010
V.I.P.

Source: Who What Wear

11-02-2010
V.I.P.

At Mélanie Huynh's wedding celebration

Scanned from Vogue Nippon (February 2010) by tfs member siennaishot via thefrenchy

13-02-2010
V.I.P.

Joseph Altuzarra Fall 2010 Mood Boards

Source: style.com/vogue

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, 2010, april, carine, editorinchief, june, paris, roitfeld, vogue