How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-02-2011
trendsetter

i really hope her project will involve a magazine, she's just so good at what she does, a new magazine sounds exciting, i know she talked to Tonchi, that also could be interesting, but W has Alex White who's a genius in terms of styling, and i don't think Carine is one to settle with just a stylist position, just saying.

so we have to wait for a month until the project will be revealed.

12-02-2011
V.I.P.

Very interesting candid interview, it kinda saddens me though that her and Emmanuale arent friends anymore, i loved seeing them together.

12-02-2011
tfs star

little late here but - i just love her styling with givenchy dress ( well i love love love the collection so it's easier to love carine with it ) - so different than usual dark style, yet so her, edgy and well so carine

12-02-2011
backstage pass

very interesting article. i think some of carines allure may have been lost though. she seems a little bit silly and irresponsible.

12-02-2011
V.I.P.

I find it itneresting that her last issue (March 2011) is going to be without any advertisers ... how in the heck did she get the powers that be to allow that!?

I do like the idea that it's going to be about young designers ... it should make it very special, in my opinion. Let's see 5 or 10 years down the road, whether or not she picked some that make it really big ... or not.

12-02-2011
backstage pass

^^ I think by that she means none of the advertisers in the editorials. Many brands relationships with magazine work on advertising spend in relation to products featured in the magazine. It is very unlikely that the magazine will have no advertising, particularly as her last issue is likely to sell very well.

13-02-2011
front row

I am so exited about her new biography. It will be a interesting read.

13-02-2011
tfs star

So...she wore Givenchy HC to the gala and has mentioned Riccardo a few times in her post-VP interviews. I know that's little to run on, but could her new gig have something to do with Givenchy?

13-02-2011
V.I.P.

^could be! maybe she's the new muse of riccardo! hehe...

13-02-2011
███████████████

Lovee the idea of the book

13-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Wood View Post
^^ I think by that she means none of the advertisers in the editorials. Many brands relationships with magazine work on advertising spend in relation to products featured in the magazine. It is very unlikely that the magazine will have no advertising, particularly as her last issue is likely to sell very well.
Ahhh ... that makes perfect sense! Thanks.

I could not beleive that there would be no ads, either.

13-02-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyeyes View Post
i really hope her project will involve a magazine, she's just so good at what she does, a new magazine sounds exciting, i know she talked to Tonchi, that also could be interesting, but W has Alex White who's a genius in terms of styling, and i don't think Carine is one to settle with just a stylist position, just saying.

so we have to wait for a month until the project will be revealed.
she could be a guest stylist for some issues, that would be nice and maybe she would do articles

14-02-2011
V.I.P.

I like the Givenchy's dress on her.

14-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Olivier Zahm Says Carine Roitfeld Will Launch Another Magazine

Purple editor Olivier Zahm, who is working with Carine Roitfeld on a book, has an idea of what the ex–French Vogue editor's next career move will be. "She will start her own magazine," he told us after the Theyskens' Theory show this morning. Zahm didn't know if it would be print or online or both, but suspected it would be print. "She's open to anything, and she's the best fashion editor in France now," he continued. "She will be really deeply missed at Vogue, I'm sure. They will call her back in six months and pray that she comes back." Zahm said that the book she's working on with Rizzoli will come out next fall and be a "scrapbook" of all things Carine, including pictures from shoots she worked on and letters. "It's a biography," he explained. "We just went into her apartment and took everything that happened — every kind of little element about her life, her style, her obsessions. It will be nice."

With New York Fashion Week just over halfway through, Zahm had a hard time recalling his favorite looks, though he cited Theyskens' Theory and Diane Von Furstenberg as two of his favorite shows so far. "I just remember the feeling and texture and concept of the show," he said. "I'm not a girl — I can't remember this dress or this jacket. I wish I could be a girl."

Amy Odell
The Cut from nymag

I would like if it's true!

15-02-2011
trendsetter

I don't know if the magazine is going to happen, but I can't wait for her biography!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, april, carine, eic, paris, roitfeld, stylist, vogue