How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-03-2011
V.I.P.

Definitely...I feel like she is in a bit of denial with all these "new and exciting" projects...

24-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Roitfeld said that she was drawn to the idea of crossing over from the editorial side ó where boundaries can more easily be pushed ó to retail, which is directly concerned with commerce. ďTo be on the other side with the retailers and buyers is new for me, and I always like new opportunities in my life,Ē she said.
I don't get this, is she going to do commerce now?

24-03-2011
Alluring

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeray View Post
I feel like she is in a bit of denial with all these "new and exciting" projects...
My thought as well

24-03-2011
V.I.P.

Well, she did mention that she wanted to get back to her roots: styling. So that's whe she's doing.

And I would expect that this gig is paying very, very well. Maybe styling is not as glamorous as being EIC ... but if she plays her cards right, she might make a lot more money as a "stylist who is also a celebrity, in her own right". She could potentially earn a celebrity sized paycheck, much like Rachel Zoe, who reportedly makes a rate between $6,000 and 10,000 a day.

24-03-2011
tailored

well amanda brooks is the fashion director...
she's the one that is helping to decide what lines/items barneys buys, not necessarily what the windows/catalog look like/styling...
in working with a store, she needs to be more concerned about making sure the product looks good and will sell, and that's not the focus when working in editorial (at least not as much)

i imagine carine will be working in close collaboration with simon doonan (creative ambassador) and dennis freeman (creative director)...
i can't wait to see how it turns out...

24-03-2011
tFS STAFF

Front page on tFS today: Carine Roitfeld Tapped by Barney's

25-03-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Why do I have this feeling that she just got this job just to show everyone that she`s going nowhere even though she knows that the job is way below her expectations. Maybe she got this just so she wouldn`t be out of the limelight and be an outcast in the fashion world.

25-03-2011
tfs star

Or maybe it's something that she's always wanted to do and this opportunity just came along so she took it. It's different, it's fun and she probably won't have to do the grunt work of someone who would have to work their way up to that position.

I don't think it's really beneath her, I think it's just another outlet for her to show her point of view.

25-03-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

this is clearly a hold over for something more fantastic. she just wants to keep her foot in the game and this is a good stop in between. plus, her son and his girlfriend recently decamped to new york so it makes sense. and besides, the french hold sway in new york nightlife right now so it makes perfect sense.

25-03-2011
front row

Anna Schiffel currently is Carine's assistant.

source: vogue.co.jp

25-03-2011
V.I.P.

almost any job in fashion can be considered a downgrade if you were EIC of Vogue Paris before...I think it's a good move for now, and I can imagine it pays very well so I can't blame her for doing it.

27-03-2011
V.I.P.

thanks kimair for enlighten what Carine would do @ Barney's ... Coz I had no image of what she would do.

and definitely agree with BetteT about the amount of money for this contract ... Don't forget she comes from french business where salaries are way lower than in USA and where celeb' etiquette aren't that much considered (eventhough I don't consider Carine used to have a small salary) ... but maybe my last line is just bull**** ...

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 27-03-2011 at 06:14 AM.

29-03-2011
tFS STAFF

Front page on tFS: Carine Roitfeld Joins the Barneys Team - For Now (Forum Buzz)

05-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
LADIES IN WAITING: Carine Roitfeld, a guest editor and stylist at Barneys New York this fall, has also been tapped by none other than Karl Lagerfeld. The designer just wrapped up shooting Chanel’s fall-winter campaign in Paris with Danish model Freja Beha Erichsen, a Chanel regular, the sole model, and Roitfeld, the former Vogue Paris editor in chief, as stylist. “The mix with Freja was genius,” Lagerfeld assured.
wwd.com

05-04-2011
girl who fell to earth

ok.. so it looks like she's got some under the radar stuff going on...
definitely curious to see how her new styling projects will turn out.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, april, carine, eic, paris, roitfeld, stylist, vogue