How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2011
fashion insider

She wasn't styling the S/S 2012 Missoni campaign?

07-12-2011
V.I.P.

i mean #572 the interview mentioned carine styled ads for missoni, gucci and rykiel.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper! View Post
which missoni ad did she style i wonder....???
from ss1996 till f/w 1999. all taken by testino

Some Like It Hot

I'm really excited to see what she'll be shooting with Terry! Seeing as she seems to have been working with him on and off the past week.

V.I.P.

Quote:
She has collaborated with at least four fashion magazines, including V and W
hmmm, really? W october 11, V # 73 and that`s all. 2 titles, okay, there is also V # 74 but it is the same titile. all other (V man, purple) are coming up so i don`t think it counts...maybe i skip something?

Some Like It Hot

^She's also styled for interview, Vanity Fair and I-D this year.

With the exception of her February and March issue's of Vogue Paris.

V.I.P.

I-d- i remember(with her on the cover), interview- it was just her photos in one outfit by lagerfeld, so i don`t think it counts and Vanity fair- i didn`t even hear about ti is it already released?

Some Like It Hot

^Sorry, i was incorrect with my recollection regarding Vanity Fair, i do apologize.

Regardless of how many outfits she styled with Karl she still styled herself (3 images altogether).

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
nytimes.com
nope, the last paragraph is depressing. what? only 75 dollars, sounds kind of cheap to me. and it shouldn't go together with "her worth".

Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKnardi View Post
nope, the last paragraph is depressing. what? only 75 dollars, sounds kind of cheap to me. and it shouldn't go together with "her worth".
Get it on Amazon, so much cheaper.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
hmmm, really? W october 11, V # 73 and that`s all. 2 titles, okay, there is also V # 74 but it is the same titile. all other (V man, purple) are coming up so i don`t think it counts...maybe i skip something?
i don't know for W ...
but for V, she has collaborated in earlier issues. I have an issue with a big editorial styled by her ... back circa 2000. and probably another one.
She has frequently styled for Vogue Bambini (1980s - that's when she met Testino), Elle FR (1980s), Glamour FR (1990s), The Face (1990s), Vogue USA (late 90s-early 00s), Vogue Paris (1990s-2000s).

I know I've asked the question, already, but hadn't get my hands on it, yet. and it is already sold out on amazon.fr (only remain "second-hand" copies). i don't know in bookstores. and didn't got it for xmas, nor bday.

HOW and WHAT is in the book?
Some texts to be scanned, for instance?
probably on back pages?

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 30-12-2011 at 02:57 AM.
30-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
^it`s in english. carine works and private pictures accompained with her comments , letters from designers and memories so it is quite vivid, than simple pictures. about photos themselves: they`re like scans grouped in strange order(not in chronological) no advertising work (except one gucci campaign image) i think that`s because of copywright, no editorial work except vogue paris, visionaire, the face, several french glamour publication and 3 -for french elle (no US Voguse, no independent projects of her early years for japanese magazines etc, no covers except one for anniversary vogue paris, no v magazine as far as i remember) it is in hard slipcase, i bougth it but there is nothing really exclusive, just a compilation of the most popular and famous work. and i am quite happy i have it all in magazines so in my case it wasn`t necessary, but since i luv her very much and collect her works- i got it.
oh really?????

you say 'en résumé' that only Vogue Paris is in there ????
I see there's a The Face editorial with Benjamin Galopin. is there the other you scanned tribute to YSL? I wish they did more researchs for her earlier publications and that copyrights wouldn't be a big issue. couldn't testino do more about these issues? she had shot A LOT with him. or just FRIENDS?

really sad! when you do such a book for 75euros (which is an average+ in terms of price for France for such a book) you expect they do more researchs, and publishing. I bet Condé Nast owns Glamour FR and Vogue USA. Why not publishing more?? copyrights issues really? i wish condé nast could apply the same laws for every edition.

I don't know why advertising is not in this book!!!!! It was really important to her! Isn't it what opened her career to international?

hopefully, there will be a second volume. or another book.

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 30-12-2011 at 03:10 AM.
30-12-2011
V.I.P.

love that video on wmagazine! very interesting!!!
they mostly love her! some really know her!

"i'm a client! i'm a buyer!"
getting her life and career (BUYER, or why not VERY CHICISSIME personal shopper) ready to settle around the world!

go carine!

oh and i really wish Loďc Prigent has done something like "6 months with Carine" or something..... I BET M. Prigent!

* stop spamming. promised. was a long time i didn't come here, on tFS, at all.

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 30-12-2011 at 03:28 AM.
30-12-2011
Some Like It Hot

^There is an on going interview in the book with Olivier Zahm and throughout the book are questions from various figures in the industry!

The book is a collective of Carine's work throughout the years from alot of other publications other that Vogue Paris, of course alot are from Vogue Paris but other publications like Vogue Italia, Glamour, French ELLE, Vogue Hommes International, The Face ect ect...

It would take a very long time to scan it, plus the book is A3.

I think its well worth the money, especially as you can feel a very personal touch to the book, you can feel that its been carefully considered by Carine.

And what ASF was referring to was an interview posted that said she had worked with 4 or more publications this year, not as her career in an entirety.

Some Like It Hot

Some snaps of the book....

*Snapped by me

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bazaar, carine, director, fashion, global, harper’s, roitfeld, stylist