How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-07-2012
███████████████

CR Fashion Book 0 FW2012 Preview

funckyeahcarineroitfeld.tumblr

23-07-2012
tailored

Quote:
FIRST LOOK AT CR FASHION BOOK: Carine Roitfeld unveils the first full fashion image from her hotly anticipated CR Fashion Book online today. The spread features model Juliet Ingleby dramatically enveloped in a billowing lavender veil and little else, walking through a cemetery trailed by a trio of black-clad attendants. Shot by Sebastian Faena and styled by Roitfeld, the image appears as an animated GIF on CRfashionbook.com, with the veil moving in the breeze. Roitfeld is gradually building hype for the release of her semiannual magazine, having previously posted on her site a cropped, close-up shot from the first issue of a model with a broken nose — with the tag line “under construction” — as well as a video of models preening on a mirrored floor from a mock-up issue, also lensed by Faena. The premiere issue of CR Fashion Book will hit newsstands on Sept. 13. Roitfeld is planning a launch party for the title during New York Fashion Week.
wwd /july 23, 2012

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
oh is Sebastian supposed to be one and only photographer for the issue due to Carine problems with conde nast? is `s getting annoying...
i'm wondering about bruce weber, didn't we see a patti smith photo by bruce weber from the preview?

V.I.P.

yeah, Bruce will be, but i doubt §bout other contributors...

front row

There is also a editorial shoot by Karl Lagerfeld, a model tweeted about it a couple of months ago.
There are so many greate and top photographers that have no contract with conde nast that can work with Carine:

Ruven Afanador
Tesh
Hedi Slimane
Tom Ford
Terry Richardson
Daniele Duella & Iango Henz
Peter Linbergh, after his contract with Haper's Bazaar, I think he can skip any kind of contracts and rescritions.
Ellen Von Unwerth With the exception of Vogue Italia and other editions, she hasn't been working for conde nast main titles.

Such a shame that Testino and Marie-Amelie Sauve members of the initial team of the magazine have now contracts whit conde nast.

24-07-2012
V.I.P.

the thing is not in contract, as chanelcouture09 said. All these photographers: Mario Testino, Craig McDean, David Sims (let`s forget Marie Amelie, she`s on exclusive coz she`s fashion editor at vogue US, as well as Mert & Marcus were a white ago, at least) working for V and other publications
the reason is Jonathan Newhouse (who, i suppose was an actual mover of Carine expulsion from Vogue Paris. she left her chair not on her own free will, i guess it is a renowned fact) acts as a cowardly hyena. i know it is business and there is no place for emotions or morality, but it is just consciensce and shame. i see he`s affraid of her power and contacts, since he is working for such media giant as Conde and acts in this way...i guess he supposed, what Carine project will be too successfull so it could make blood boil of Conde publications, otherwise i don`t see the point in his behaviour, maybe only ferocious allergy on Carine...

Some Like It Hot

^I wouldn't say he's afraid, but he's in a position that we've all been in where we are in that position where we want to be as awkward as possible to someone you don't like and he can make it very difficult for her, I think when Carine was fired she thought her entire team at VP would be outraged and walk out with her and I would suspect that would be the reason she fell out with Emmanuelle, but I felt near the end of her 'reign' at VP they became distant anyway, the seating at shows, they made less appearances together at shows etc...
I think regardless of her resources if she is so spectacular she will make CR Fashion Book work, but I wouldn't exactly have your hopes up for big name models featuring in the magazine, from the previews it looks very low budget and nothing ground breaking, I think it will be a continued repeat of the same ideas and the same designers.

V.I.P.

Yeah, I get the same low-budget feel from CR Fashion Book also. And to be honest, I haven't found the previews or articles regarding the launch that exciting, either. It's a shame, because I adored Carine's vision at Vogue Paris and her aesthetic overall. I noticed a digital subscription to the magazine is $5.00, which is encouraging. But given the present mass media effect, I'm certain the content will be available on most reputable websites for free.

Nonetheless, I do hope CR Fashion Book evolves overtime, and I wish Carine the best.

V.I.P.

regarding its price and availability in the web - i have an unpleasant story with V digital subscription- they accept my money but i havent got any link or way to flip through digital editions. it`s 7 usd not a big deal but it`s a nasty feeling, futhermore i sent `em e-mail- zero reaction. did you notice by any chance what if you change the shipping address in paypal form crfashionbook- to "outside USA"- they adding automatically shipping price 25 usd...for a digital copy. it`s a nonsense.
concerning free access to all materials in the web, i `m in doubt, coz V have very long lovestory with digital publishing and i don`t think they permit to web sources post all materials from the magazine. i guess, they will tease with previews till the end of the world...

Last edited by Alien Sex Friend; 24-07-2012 at 07:48 AM.
24-07-2012
V.I.P.

I was just ordering my copy and it's $5 for digital and $15 for hardcopy, what kills me is that their charging $15 "shipping" even for the digital version! I agree, Alien Sex Friend, that's just utter nonsense!

backstage pass

I think i'm a bit worried about the models who will appear in the magazine. I mean, will Vogue want to work with the girls who appear in CR? Carine likes some of the big models right now who also appear regularly in US Vogue, I just can't see Anna working with them further if she knew that the were in CR. Also, if her friends (designers) really want to support her, then they should demand Conde nast allow the photogs to shoot for the mag simply because their work is being featured in it. the designers/fashion houses are the ones with the true power here so they can get whatever they want.

24-07-2012
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelo View Post
I think i'm a bit worried about the models who will appear in the magazine. I mean, will Vogue want to work with the girls who appear in CR?
I think this really depends on the edition of Vogue. I can see a model like Magdalena, Eniko, Abbey Lee, etc. being used by CR and Vogue editions, because they're not particularly "tied" to any edition (well, Magdalena has been working for Vogue Paris often), but I couldn't see models like Lara Stone or Karlie Kloss being used at all.

The models she'll use don't really concern me, because many excellent models aren't Vogue favourites. What does concern me are the photographers that will be used, more depends on a photographer than a model in an editorial, IMO.

25-07-2012
backstage pass

^ Well I actually think it's a combination of the two. A great photographer with a crappy model won't turn out a great ed. That's really such a shame because Lara and Carine could actually turn out some serious magic as well as Karlie. I just see Anna giving them the big FU if they appear in CR...

25-07-2012
fashion elite

i hope to see lara stone making an appearance, let's face it, she pretty much owes her career to carine as does hilary rhoda, saskia and anna selezneva to name a few. i would love to see some loyalty come out in this often fickle industry. also I&V arn't under contract with conde so they could be shooting some stuff, for me it seems like a great chance for her to promote new models and photographers, it's only a big deal if you make it one, there are dozens of up and coming models and photographers she can promote. also.... does anyone have any news on that rumor about kate upton on the cover? i can't see it actually being true but i haven't heard any updates!

26-07-2012
front row

This is out of topic but, The $15 suscription it's for one or two issues?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bazaar, carine, director, fashion, global, harper’s, roitfeld, stylist