How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-07-2012
V.I.P.

sure thing one)

29-07-2012
V.I.P.

Vogue Paris February 1996

"Le petit prince est de retour"
Photographer: Mario Testino
Model: Carolyn Murphy
Hair: Marc Lopez
Makeup: Tom Pecheux
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld

by me

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

is it her who styled david yurman camapign with gisele? i saw her mentioned on models.com in credits to video, however the styling doesn`t seem to being hers... i just wonder then why is she on yurman party? any suggestions?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
is it her who styled david yurman camapign with gisele? i saw her mentioned on models.com in credits to video, however the styling doesn`t seem to being hers... i just wonder then why is she on yurman party? any suggestions?
maybe she just got invited...
BTW... her summer outfit at the event is so all over the place...

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

also she s got david webb campaign again, i suppose. she wasn`t mentioned as stylist this time in the news but it looks exactly as her work (however that`s quite strange, especially comparing to the previous much highlithed in media time)

V.I.P.

^Actually the David Webb campaign was styled by Lori Goldstein.

Some Like It Hot

VMan #27 Fall 2012 : Tom Brady by Mario Testino, Styled by Carine Roitfeld

*Popsugar.com

fashion elite

I love Carine because she loves Givenchy.

17-08-2012
V.I.P.

She has an interview in the September issue of Harper's Bazaar

Quote:
For all her kohl-rimmed cool and snake-hipped elegance, Carine Roitfeld is disarmingly friendly—chummy, even. The former editor in chief of French Vogue, Roitfeld is as inclined to girl-talk about the finer points of smudged eyeliner as she is to direct a Mario Testino fashion shoot. For the moment, sitting languidly in a suite at Manhattan's Mark hotel, her racehorse legs folded into a nimble knot, she has shed her signature tough-chic aesthetic in favor of a gray sweater, track pants, and ballet slippers. Though it is entirely possible that Roitfeld has never been photographed in flats, this year brings a host of firsts into her lexicon. She's got a trinity of mantles that she's slipping into, and each fits her more snugly than the next—beauty ambassador, magazine founder, and grandmother.

The first involves her turn as a newly minted M.A.C. cover girl and collaborateur. This month Roitfeld unveils her own collection with the makeup monolith, for which she's dissected her aspirational allure and packaged her je ne sais quoi for the masses. Expect to see women everywhere channeling her Fellini-esque brow, her noirish smoky eye, and her barely there nude lip. Unfortunately, the French accent (which she hates) isn't part of the package.

For a fashion power player with a hardcore pedigree, Roitfeld is remarkably modest. "I'm not bad-looking, but I'm not a beauty either," she says. "I think I have character, and that is what people like in me." Her campaign ad for M.A.C., shot by Mario Sorrenti, features a black-and-white photo of Roitfeld in a slipdress. Her analysis? "I think women can recognize themselves in that picture. They see 'Oh, she's not wearing too much makeup, she's not too much dressed, she's not too much bizarre. She's very much like another woman—simple.'?" This from the woman who was once spotted in Malibu driving a convertible while wearing a white bikini and a pink cowboy hat.

Whatever the case, even dialed down, Roitfeld is hardly the girl next door. "Her independence is what I love," says her close friend and longtime collaborator Tom Ford. "She is so confident and sure of who she is that anything she wears looks great. Whatever she puts on, you want."

Her hordes of obsessive acolytes will second that sentiment. A year and a half since Roitfeld left French Vogue, her mystique continues to prevail—a fact easily quantified by the number of fan sites, Twitter feeds, and blog posts devoted to her. Among these are the humorously named iwanttobearoitfeld.com, which chronicles every fashion-forward move of Roitfeld and her children, Julia and Vladimir, and an impostor @Carine_Roitfeld Twitter account that boasts 114,000 followers.

The cult of Carine is expected to expand further still with the launch of her new magazine, CR Fashion Book, in September. Roitfeld hopes to reinvent the sartorial wheel within the pages of her publication, creating an edgy, avant-garde vehicle for her singular vision. "I'm using new people, so I'm going to fight to make them stars. It's very risky. I like to take risks. It's very exciting in a way. It's a bit Steve Jobs, no? Each day is a new challenge to find the model, the photographer, the money, the location, you know?"

But despite the excitement of her new projects and the time that has passed since she handed over her editor-in-chief reins, Roitfeld still appears a bit wounded by her unceremonious departure from her former post. "I have not looked at French Vogue. It's like a divorce in a way. It's still very fresh; it's still very like my baby for 10 years. I prefer to take a big distance; maybe next year it will be finished. I don't do the magazine because I want revenge—you say, revenge?"

And while she claims she didn't suffer from the post-Vogue blues, there were still some attendant anxieties and trials. Of the immediate life-after-Vogue experience, she relates, "Some people were supportive. But you think, Maybe I never get invited for the next show; maybe I won't be front row. Of course you're disappointed by some people, but you discover other people too."

Certainly, there are her stalwarts, among them heavyweights like Ford, Riccardo Tisci, and Karl Lagerfeld, the latter of whom she worked with recently, styling his Little Black Jacket book. "Even if you don't know Karl, you want to meet him, no? Because he is like an icon," Roitfeld posits. "It was very quick to shoot," she says of the project. "All the time the people feel good because I think he likes people." He clearly likes Roitfeld. "She looks like nobody else," says Lagerfeld. "She loves fashion. She's gifted for fashion. She's not pretentious. She's not hated by anybody. She has a silhouette. Everything she tries to express is believable."

Lagerfeld is far from her only big-name supporter; Roitfeld has long served as Ford's muse, and the pair have a chemistry that's impossible to replicate. "Carine is a perfectionist," Ford says. "We are both Virgos and obsessed with details. I am always inspired by Carine." The feeling is mutual. "Tom is crazy," she says with affection. "I remember once, his back hurt and he asked me to walk on him with my high heels on."

Her connection to Tisci is equally fierce. "Riccardo had a big table at the Met. I think it was the best table, and seven years ago no one knew him. There was Gisele [Bündchen] and her husband, Tom Brady, who is lovely. There was Beyoncé by me, who is so nice. ... James Franco and Rooney Mara. Anyway, so now he becomes the king of the Met. I was happy I was still at the table!"

In the midst of her professional and social transition, Roitfeld has taken on yet another major role—this time as a grandmother. In May, Julia gave birth to a baby girl, Romy. "It's a good time now. I appreciate this," she says of her new moniker. "I lost my parents, so it's a new cycle of life for me."

The mere idea of Roitfeld as a grandmother gives one pause, not least because of her outsize sex appeal. "She understands the art of seduction and allure," says Sorrenti. "She is also a very attractive woman, and when you combine these qualities, you get that magic that makes her so special and iconic."

Roitfeld attributes her impossibly willowy frame to good genes. "I don't have a big appetite," she says. "I don't eat a lot, to be honest—never. I'm a bit like a little bird, picking all day long, but I'm not getting pasta or getting all those things, you know? So I think it's my morphology. I've always been skinny. ... I try to be in shape to be a young grandma." She has taken up ballet, which she says has significantly altered her shape, specifically her derriere—she's quick to attest to its "lifting" benefit. "Normally, everything starts to go down, but that goes up. I had to give all my skirts to the seamstress, and she had to add five centimeters. That's a lot."

Letting out her skirts, forging different paths, and writing her next chapter, Roitfeld is taking it all in stride. "Now these new opportunities come to me, and it's like new rebirth, I would say," she muses. "It's quite a moment to be both a grandmother and the face of M.A.C. I never thought it would be possible."
harpersbazaar.com

V.I.P.

25-08-2012
The future is stupid

I saw her MAC ad in the WSJ magazine today. That was the first time I saw/noticed it.

There's a nice profile/interview with her in the September issue of Town & Country.
The Muse's New Move by Justine Picardie.

25-08-2012
V.I.P.

Ummm found that video pretty boring, not really excited at all about her magazine...

27-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

New video for the promo of her new publication -

front row

A new picture in the webpage sows Lara Stone shoot by sebastian!

Source:CRfashionbook.com

29-08-2012
V.I.P.

I am looking forward to her magazine, i especially love the fact that she is on the hunt to discover new amazing photographers through CN not allowing any of theirs to work for her. It really is a great opportunity for all the young talent out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
I saw her MAC ad in the WSJ magazine today. That was the first time I saw/noticed it.

There's a nice profile/interview with her in the September issue of Town & Country.
The Muse's New Move by Justine Picardie.
Thanks for this heads up, very interested to read the interview especially since its done by Picardie.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bazaar, carine, director, fashion, global, harper’s, roitfeld, stylist