How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholybaby View Post
Can't wait for October to come!
I am counting down the days. Literally.

30-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholybaby View Post
Ugh it looks amazing.Can't wait for October to come!
Yes will have to make note of. I'm glad Carine is doing what she wants.

30-08-2011
V.I.P.

Style.com also has previews from the book(different than the ones posted above)
http://www.style.com/trendsshopping/...Roitfeld_Book/

front row

New images from the Barneys campaign.

Mademoiselle Marie Agnes Gillot in Ann Demeulemeester

Carine on Marie Agnes:
“Marie Agnes is one of the principal dancers with the Opera de Paris. I love dance and I love dancers — their discipline, their humility, their politesse. Marie Agnes is an inspiration, and since meeting her I have actually started taking dance lessons.”

Theodora Richards in Rodarte

Carine on Theodora:
“Theodora has inherited the daring style of her father, Keith Richards, and it suits her divinely. She’s also very spirited and lively and has an incredible presence.”

Joan Smalls in Comme des Garçons and Gianvito Rossi

Carine on Joan:
“Joan has a tremendous natural beauty and carries with her the feeling of her native Puerto Rico. I always knew she would be a very big star.”
[Barneys The Window]

31-08-2011
Alluring

The shot of Marie Agnes is brilliant, I adore the setting.

31-08-2011
front row

Izabel Goulart in Mugler and Gianvito Rossi

Carine on Izabel:
“Izabel, a Brazilian, is one of my most recent discoveries. She is a very, very beautiful girl that I first saw at a Victoria’s Secret runway show.”

Today’s Image: Dasha Zhukova in Proenza Schouler

Carine on Dasha:
“Dasha is cool, reserved and has an impressive intelligence. She is an art world pioneer with the Garage Center for Contemporary Culture in Moscow; she also has a new magazine coming out this fall. Here, she’s letting go and looking magnificent.”
[Barneys The Window]

31-08-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

Great pictures, great styling pure Carine. I love Joan's shot, so intense. But my favourite is definitely Marie Agnes.

rising star

Some new pics from Irreverent, the book based on Carine.

01-09-2011
rising star

01-09-2011
rising star

All pics from The Fash Pack

01-09-2011
V.I.P.

^Wow, it seems to be a great book.

02-09-2011
The future is stupid

It looks like a cheap printing job. I'll probably buy it anyway, just for reference.

Thanks to eveyone for posting the book pics!

03-09-2011
front row

Quote:
I hate mules. I hate the noise when someone walks with mules. Clomp, clomp, clomp. I think it’s very not chic. I don’t even like a flip-flop. I don’t like this noise. I don’t think I’ve used mules one time in a story.
what is this then?

scanned by Evisu Donna

i really enjoy looking at her work and her interviews, she seems so frontal, but still nice...it's good that she has such strong opinions, it makes her look genuine, not politically correct like other people in the business.

03-09-2011
V.I.P.

never say never!

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
A Life in Pictures

A NEW BOOK HONORS CARINE ROITFELD’S SUBVERSIVE CAREER AND REMINDS STEPHEN GAN OF GOOD TIMES IN THE GLOSS

I imagine Carine Roitfeld was the little girl everyone loved to hate in school. She must have seemed so annoyingly perfect. Beautiful, clever, and sexy, she must have been so stylish, and probably told all the other kids how to dress. She must have been thought of as a snob.
Snob was my impression of her when we first met. It was 1993, and Mario Testino was in town and rang up to ask me to bring Cecilia Dean and all my friends because he and Carine needed some “cool downtown kids” to be extras in a fashion shoot for French Glamour. All I remember was her looking at how each of us was dressed, as we stood alongside the models. She didn’t say a word to us. Years later, she told me she had been quiet only because she felt shy.

In 1996, when asked which label she wanted to shoot with Mario for Visionaire’s FASHION SPECIAL, Carine chose one I didn’t think any “hipster” would: Yves Saint Laurent. Monsieur Saint Laurent was still around, and at the time it was a bit of an odd choice. But Mario and Carine shooting women’s Yves Saint Laurent clothes on Taber, a male model, made for an intriguing set of images. The results were epic—and to many insiders, even visionary—as they seemed to prophesy the coming of Hedi Slimane to design the house’s menswear two years later.

In 1997, Carine and I were working on another series of images with Mario for Visionaire’s CHIC issue. Having just been in a car accident, Carine put model Kim Iglinsky in her very own neck brace. Carine was, at that point, Tom Ford’s Gucci girl, and Kim was photographed in that season’s hottest Gucci heels, on a bicycle. At the launch of that issue, Carine walked into the Pavillon Ledoyen in Paris a half hour after everyone else had sat down to dinner. Resplendent in a white John Galliano gown that Mario had given her, she apologized out loud: “I’m sorry I’m late, I had to park the car.” I thought to myself, there’s nothing chicer than a woman who slips into an evening gown and drives herself to a dinner party, parks the car herself, and is proud enough to let everyone know that’s why she’s late!

These are the wonderful memories I have while looking through Carine’s dazzling collection of images—her honesty, her naïveté, her nonchalance, her sense of fantasy, and her ability to channel experiences and feelings onto clothes, just as a singer pours everything into a song.
If your average picture is worth a thousand words, then a Carine Roitfeld photo must convey ten times as much. What word would her body of work leave you with? “Irreverent,” for one—the apt title of her new book.
As I close it, I’m reminded of a line from Sunset Boulevard: “We gave the world new ways to dream.” That is what Carine has given the world, and what this book will give forever. Cherish it.
vmagazine

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bazaar, carine, director, fashion, global, harper’s, roitfeld, stylist