How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ you know all the steven klein editorials where lara is eating her mate and the recent one where she's pushing a wheelchair.

18-09-2011
front row

^ the one with Lara (Lara Fiction Noir) was styled by Marie-Amlie, not Carine.

19-09-2011
Mr. Zhivago

W October preview. It's fairly long with lots of small pictures accompanying the article

My snaps

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

Nice shots of W, it's great to see her fave hat.

20-09-2011
Mr. Zhivago

Amazon says her book will weigh 6 pounds!

20-09-2011
V.I.P.

The other shot of W

twitter/veljkogavril via tarsha

20-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
Is Carine in London for Fashion Week? I hope she went to Burberry.
Tom Ford is in LFW this season, so I guess she must be in London right now....

V.I.P.

^ I read somewhere, Carine attended Tom Ford show.

20-09-2011
fashion elite

she used alot of her own clothes (esp. shoes, jewelry, and hats (obviously) in the shoot which i liked because it gave it her personality. and she actually looks very good with the extensions in.

21-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper! View Post
Tom Ford is in LFW this season, so I guess she must be in London right now....
Shame there was no pics of her on the streets. Hopefully some turn up.

22-09-2011
V.I.P.

this is very fun to see how the fashion industry (featuring carine, herself) is constructing the legend of this super-stylist.
everywhere she tends to say that fashion is no funny anymore. an era is done, and she's done with it. but yet, she's not gone and we (I) don't really know where she is heading to. Fashion-at-large? Consulting? Freelancing like in her old days?

the whole story is very different, it seems, from the legend around anna wintour (who's been working in a different market : USA) or TF (who left fashion-indus for a sort of short-long break).
undoubtedly interesting to notice that this interests much more the non-french magazines. i'm not sure i see/read a lot abt her in french magazines. probably later (when the book will be released).

Fashion's known a big change during the late 90s til now.
From a 'circus' (see article, here: ) to a business-at-large. from "popular culture" to "capital".
she built a big career. is part of fashion history.
she's worth her monography. Grace Coddington got one (a little later in her career), why not Carine?
I cannot wait to get her book!!!!!

*YET, I wish she styled stories instead of getting herself shot too much.
for instance, i loved the editorial she styled of er style with DD in VP (mwaaaa), in 2002? 2003?

22-09-2011
V.I.P.

W OCTOBER 2011

The One And Only

Carine Roitfeld by Paolo Roversi

wmagazine

28-09-2011
V.I.P.

Carine is launching magazine in September 2012!!!

Quote:
Carine Roitfeld: "There is a very fine line between accepting gifts and being bought"

When, a few days ago, I offered to meet with Carine Roitfeld with a handful of French fashion bloggers to discuss his book Irreverent, I thought I fell off my chair. The ex-drafting 'chief of Vogue Paris, therefore, be interested in the Web? Skeptical, I nevertheless agreed, excited at the idea of ​​exchanging a few words with the superstar of the fashion press.

Yesterday morning, so I spent an hour with Betty , Matthew , Caroline , Nardjisse and, ahem, Carine. She came into the room with the press office 20 minutes late, apologized warm, laid on us his disturbing green eyes and bronze began to talk about the book. I had read his words in interviews, I felt like she is talking about something else. With good grace, she clutched to her plans and design business designer. Uninhibited no waffling, trying to prove to us that it had feet on the ground even if we we know she still lives in a parallel world much more chic than ours.

You mentioned in the press a big project you were working. Can you tell us more?
It will be a magazine. I would love to do four times a year. Initially I wanted it on the Internet, but it's a lot of investment, a lot of time, I do not know if it suits me. I know that now you have to do with the Internet, and the photos are of very good quality iPad, but things quickly go out of style on the Net. We'll start with the paper. September Issue to a fall in English.

You have already found a name?
Yes. I can not tell you, I'm trying to see if not already filed, but I think it suits me, it's pretty rock and roll. I could call Carine Roitfeld how to Oprah Winfrey and as she put me on the cover every month, but I'm not sure if this is what people expect. At the moment they see me much, I'll even do a signing at Colette and it amuses me, but after I want to go.

You have an idea who will come to you at Colette?
No, it's not my list. It will surely be very street, very young, as in the Vogue Fashion Night. You do not choose your audience is your audience that you choose. I am delighted that it is young, it keeps me young myself, that means I'm not an old grandmother. I do not feel jaded.

Back to your project magazine. How is he different from Vogue?
I do not want to compete with Vogue. Besides, I'm not sure they see me coming a very good eye. It will not be easy for me to run independently. It's a little earthen pot against the iron pot. But I still have friends willing to support me. I would like to succeed in mixing a lot of people very different, as for a dinner.

A photo session improvised, which brings us to the meeting.
Wait, should I manage. My husband will still tell me that my hair is flat. You understand what I'm wearing? This shirt has four, she is not identifiable, right? It's an old Balenciaga. The skirt Also, because the stars. It's a Dolce. Anyway I have not done total (look), I did not feel out of a runway, is it? And that's an old jacket Junya Watanabe. It is classic, she's great, right? I keep it long, it's expensive clothing.

At the same time brands must offer them to you, right?
Not really. They offer many handbags as they know very well that it's not my thing. Okay, I admit that I was very spoiled, but I belong to no one.

The photo shoot continues.
You saw the cover of iD ? It is the greatest compliment we can do to French. In fashion, it's better than the cover of Vogue you know. It's an iconic magazine, and there was no one stylist on the cover before me.

Caroline noted that it is more than a stylist. She hesitates.
Maybe, but I have a problem when I travel. At the customs they ask me my profession, I do not know what to say.

Icon?
Oh no, stop! I've always been ashamed to write the editor, I found it very pretentious. It took me years to get used to it. Now I do not know. Finally I put Fashion Editor. That said, I started writing, I could put a journalist. I have my press card for that matter.

Have your press card and to consulting with you seems compatible brands? It has often been criticized for writers.
It's complicated. When you do your press pass, I think 70 or 80% of what you earn should be journalistic. The rest can be something else. Today I am more editorial than advertising campaigns. But it is a taboo subject. You do not have a fashion editor who is not consulting. In any case there are only ten and they are the same ten running.

But now they are supposed to Vogue no longer do.
Yes, that's fine, although I do not think that's true. Ethically, it is not normal to do both, but it is a tradition that has lasted 20 years in this environment. In the U.S. things are different because magazines pay their writers well, which does not give them the desire to go elsewhere. Here, if you are not very well paid and you tell yourself that two days of pub you can win more than one month of work, you begin to ask questions. I find it difficult to change the rules of the game, but right now I think there are too many abuses. It's as gifts. There is a very fine line between accepting gifts and being bought.

How do you not feel bought?
I spend a lot of money in the shops. I am much in Rick Owens, I often spend at Balenciaga. Givenchy's different, Ricardo is a friend, I skirts. It's like the SNCF, the children do not pay for train tickets. You need to have benefits, but also learn to set limits. Ca I bought (it shows her blouse), it also (the jacket), that I have offered (the skirt). Everything is about balance.
lexpress.fr, translated via google

28-09-2011
backstage pass

^ That is such a cute interview, but I had a hard time understanding part of it lol
Btw, when did Carine turn into a guy? *his his his his his*

fashion elite

WHAT?! so im confused? is it going to be like oprahs magazine? with carine on the cover every month? either way when and where do i subscribe to this?!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bazaar, carine, director, fashion, global, harper’s, roitfeld, stylist