How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-05-2011
DÔMMkammern

Carine Roitfeld - Stylist, Global Fashion Director of US Harper’s Bazaar
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

source: vogue.it

Last edited by Chanelcouture09; 06-08-2012 at 07:49 PM.

23-05-2011
V.I.P.

That's a pretty funny comparison but so mean! I see traits of Iggy Pop in her but she definitely doesn't look that old! Carine could be his mother...

24-05-2011
V.I.P.

Carine's looking marvelous, not that she hasn't any other occasion, I mean after the Vogue Paris departure. She appears more relaxed and.. like she did 10 years ago. I can not wait for the upcoming season, for Carine's styling gigs to surface.

Not to mention the Dior rumor!

When in doubt, wear red.

ITA Vogue28
It really feels like her departuregave a big breath of fresh air. It's been a while since she looked so radiant. i remeber, that before she left VP she started to look more and more tired and old.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeray View Post
That's a pretty funny comparison but so mean! I see traits of Iggy Pop in her but she definitely doesn't look that old! Carine could be his mother...
Iggy is 64; Carine is, what, 57? she definitely could NOT be Iggy's mother.

She looks nice in the white outfit at Cannes.

27-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Carine Roitfeld Remains Coy About Whether She's Starting a Magazine

The latest on Carine Roitfeld's wide-ranging current projects? Yesterday, she was collaborating with Terry Richardson on a project for the jeweler David Webb, and last night she gave a little more insight on her upcoming work for V: "I'm doing an entire issue of V magazine with Mario Testino, and we'll start the shooting tomorrow." Kate Winslet is on the cover of the issue, she said. But it sounds like that may not be the only magazine she's working on — when asked about whether the rumor that she's starting a magazine is true, she laughed: "Maybe. Now I have freedom like a butterfly, so I can go from one place to another.
fashionologie

27-05-2011
V.I.P.

oh so they`re with testino again. i was thinking they had kind of relationship problem and it was a reason why he didn`t work for Vogue paris, but it seems like the problem isn`t in Carine.

31-05-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Fall Chanel Ads Preview which she styled:

Quote:
Carine Roitfeld, a guest editor and stylist at Barneys New York this fall, has also been tapped by none other than Karl Lagerfeld. The designer just wrapped up shooting Chanel’s fall-winter campaign in Paris with Danish model Freja Beha Erichsen, a Chanel regular, the sole model, and Roitfeld, the former Vogue Paris editor in chief, as stylist. “The mix with Freja was genius,” Lagerfeld assured. - wwd

wwd

31-05-2011
V.I.P.

^looks really amazing!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Carine to Bazaar? Interesting!

At Monday night's CFDA Awards, Harper's Bazaar editor-in-chief Glenda Bailey sat front and center (as in, front row, in the center, next to pal Nadja Swarovski), while the mag's buzzy new publisher, Carol Smith, was seated across Alice Tully Hall with her own coterie. Were tongues wagging? Obviously—although remember, chéris, random seating assignments are par for the course at the CFDA Awards.

But the cocktail and post-party buzz was less about Glenda than Carine Roitfeld, who has been fingered as the top contender for the editrix-ship of Bazaar's American edition should Hearst decide to make a move in light of the title's 29% drop at newsstand in the first quarter of this year. Roitfeld has been spending more and more time in New York, where her children live, since her January 2011 exit from French Vogue. Currently, she is styling Barneys New York and Chanel campaigns, and her work with Mario Testino will appear in the September issue of V. Given the consumery Marie Claire and the newsy Elle, maybe Hearst honcho David Carey is imagining a Bazaar whose point of differentiation is high-concept fashion and unabashed luxury with an editor who can finally give American Vogue a run for its money. That, Carine can provide in spades. Another contender for the U.S. Bazaar post is said to be Lucy Yeomans, the editrix of Bazaar U.K.
fashionweekdaily.com

07-06-2011
V.I.P.

Cover of Carine's book "Irreverent".

twitter/velijkogavril

07-06-2011
V.I.P.

^cool! I like the fact that there is no picture of her on the cover, it's mysterious and interesting.

V.I.P.

I just pre-ordered it.
Just in case it's out of stock very quickly when it's released...

V.I.P.

^where did you do that, what site?

V.I.P.

^ Amazon.

Tags
bazaar, carine, director, fashion, global, harper’s, roitfeld, stylist