How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2010
V.I.P.

RIP

30-08-2010
V.I.P.

RIP Corinne

Last edited by BibiRose; 30-08-2010 at 06:53 PM.
31-08-2010
windowshopping

Italian Vogue confirmed this morning that Corinne Day died on Saturday. R.I.P. She really was a remarkable woman and a true visionary.

31-08-2010
Some Like It Hot

Corinne with Kate in 2007
Quote:
Corinne Day Remembered

CORINNE DAY has died. The legendary fashion photographer passed away on Friday August 27 following a battle with brain cancer.
Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman paid tribute to Day: "Corinne was a photographer of huge talent and integrity. Her work for British Vogue was entirely original and will always be remembered. She could capture raw beauty like few others."
Born in 1965, Day was a self-taught photographer and is known for bringing a candid, documentary feel to fashion image making. One of her most renowned works includes her depiction of Kate Moss in the 3rd Summer of Love editorial for the FACE magazine in 1990.
Day has since worked for British, Italian and Japanese Vogue and her work has been exhibited in galleries around the world, including the National Portrait Gallery, the V&A, The Tate Modern and at The Andy Warhol exhibition at the Whitney Museum in New York.
*Vogue.co.uk

tfs star

Quote:
Corinne Day passed away on Friday 27th August at 4pm peacefully at home, after a long illness.

Friends wishing to attend the funeral on Friday 3rd September in Buckinghamshire, please contact Sarah@sarahmurraycasting.com or call 07973315018
corinneday.co.uk

31-08-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Renowned fashion photographer Corinne Day passed away this weekend.

Corinne Day, the photographer who propelled Kate Moss to model super stardom, sadly died on Friday. She had been battling a brain tumour for over ten years.

Day was responsible for the now legendary fashion spread in The Face that starred a 16 year old Kate Moss back in 1990. The shoot was the first of many that the duo worked on together and was arguably responsible for kick-starting the nineties trend for waif-like models.

Last year friends of Day auctioned some of her most iconic images, including some of Kate Moss, to raise money for her treatment, and the V&A was planning a retrospective of her work.
elleuk.com

31-08-2010
fashion elite

I only just found out via graziadaily.co.uk . So sad.

RIP

31-08-2010
French Chic

This is so sad and she put up some fight.
Such a terrible loss and a very real lenswoman, none of the tricks that others use nowadays, just a very pure approach.
Her pictures of Kate are truly iconic and her works stands up for its itself.
RIP Corinne.

front row

I saw it on twitter four days ago- it's heartbreaking, she was so young, too young to die.

01-09-2010
V.I.P.

I really hope some magazine(like Vogue UK or iD) would do some tribute feature on her in the future.She is a talent and she deserves it.

clo
V.I.P.

My Dear Lord, this is so sad. R.I.P. Corinne, we're all going to miss your fabulous work.

02-09-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn_Birdseye View Post
So sad

God, the comments on jezebel are so irritating. http://jezebel.com/5625509/legendary...at-45#comments
Bah, asking the average Jezebel commenter to "get" anything fashion-related is, well, impossible- half the fashion threads on there are full of PC police whining "but it's soooo expensive!" "but it's sooo weird/ugly!" "but the models are *fill in derogatory remark about appearance*!!". And now, of course, "Corinne promoted heroin chic!!" "And cultural appropriation, because Melanie Ward had the audacity to put Kate in a mock headdress in 1990!" *cue my facepalming*

I don't want to derail this thread, so I'll just say this: Corinne, you will be sorely missed, and even the idiots who continue to rip on your work for not fitting into their little boxes of what it's "acceptable" to look like, owe you a bigger debt than they will ever know, for being one of the first photographers to see beauty in imperfection instead of trying to use your camera to blitz it out of existence.

Last edited by Drusilla_; 02-09-2010 at 07:01 AM.
02-09-2010
V.I.P.

Vogue.co.uk and Dazed Digital both update features about her...

Vogue.co.uk / Dazed Digital

V.I.P.

so sad, RIP

02-09-2010
tfs star

So sad.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
corinne, day, photographer