How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2006

dino dinco!
very cool...

19-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugfashion
magnificent ! thank you !
You're welcome! I feel like I know it by heart...

windowshopping

a couple of years late...
Long time lurker, first time poster weighing in

This week Diane is here in Seoul at Seoul Fashion Week, S/S 09. I knew she was coming and took the time to familiarize myself with her work. Plus, I'd seen a glimpse of her in a recent NYTime photo essay on the street fashion seen at Paris' prêt-à-porter shows: http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html....html#section1

It's been cool to meet her and reading about what she's done makes me admire her. Of course, her look is going to put some people off but I think of it this way she's got a reason for it. You don't go through the ritual of that look on a daily basis and not have a reason for it. She's led an interesting life and part of that is reflected in how she presents herself to the world. Also, it's contradictory to have a look that doesn't change but to be involved in an industry where looks change every season. That, to me, is interesting.

I don't think it's fair to dismiss her as a fashion critic either. It seems she simply doesn't talk about what she doesn't like and puts her attention into being gung-ho and positive to support those that she does like. Plus, it's great that she's putting her energy into promoting talented unknowns. I think too many of us are used to the snippy critics who humiliate and demean. I don't think that's necessary and it's nice to read a blog that stays away from that sort of tone.

23-10-2008
V.I.P.

Welcome to the Fashion Spot, rkwatlon! And thank you for sharing your views and her contributions.. We haven't heard much about her in a while ... so it's nice to see that she's still out and about .... and still attracting photographers.

26-11-2009
backstage pass

I met her today!

28-11-2009
backstage pass

^^ I got stuck in a lift with her at London Fashion Week! Bizarre voice, but is a commendable character in her advocacy of emerging designers.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
diane, journalist or critic, pernet