How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2012
tfs star

Edwina McCann - Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Australia
As Vogue Australia is now coming into a new era with a new EIC - Edwina McCann, I thought it would be nice to create a thread for her. I'm really excited to see the direction she is going to take the magazine, especially with Christine on board!
source: frankmedia.com.au
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edwina-mccann_355.jpg (15.5 KB, 1 views)

27-06-2012
tfs star

A couple of more pictures...
source: theaustralian.com.au/belindablog.com.au/dailyimprint.blogspot.com.au
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 243167-120518-edwina-mccann.jpg (34.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C12B0D51_HBhome2009PS-017.jpg (84.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg EDWINA.jpg (181.4 KB, 1 views)

27-06-2012
tfs star

source: pedestrian tv

A nice little interview with Edwina about reinvigorating the Vogue brand and its online component.

12-07-2012
backstage pass

^ Love that interview ... thanks for posting that. I'm a diehard Clements fan but I have to admit that I'm now excited about the new VA under McCann so long as it maintains its unique characteristics (such as top models on covers & inside etc) that Clements intentionally built.

12-07-2012
backstage pass

New Vogue chief gets a headstart

FOR years Edwina McCann and Kellie Hush were the best of friends, but now the newly appointed editors of Vogue Australia and Harper’s Bazaar are busy drawing battlelines after weeks of dramatic changes within their respective glamour magazines.

Inside the battle-weary offices of Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar, it’s all about the September issue, and this year’s are shaping up to be a couple of doozies.

Newly installed Vogue editor-in-chief McCann, who famously defected from Harpers, is busy nutting out final details for her September cover, due out early next month, which will be her first for the prestigious title.

Details are being kept under tight wraps, but PS hears no expense is being spared to make sure McCann makes her mark with the magazine, and is planning a complete overhaul of the title in November.

However her replacement at Harpers, the former Sydney Morning Herald fashion editor Hush, won’t show her first cover until November as McCann had already stitched up the magazine’s September cover before she left. PS hears it was too expensive to scrap. It presents a frustrating situation for Hush, who is no doubt keen to show her mettle.

Another headache left behind by McCann for Harpers was a big promotion being planned to launch the September issue, one of the magazine’s biggest in years. Harpers had commissioned a special film called Being Bazaar to be screened in a Sydney cinema to celebrate the issue. The film features such luminaries as Karl Lagerfeld talking about all things fashion.

In the original version McCann had a major starring role in the film, presenting an embarrassing situation for the magazine now she is heading the arch-rival title Vogue.
However, PS hears McCann has since been edited out, replaced with fresh footage of Hush, filmed just last week.

Source: Sydney Morning Herald

What a coup! To have two September issues of the world's most prolific fashion brands - both under your editorship - on the newsstands at the same time is out of this world. Not many people can/have ever done that before.

13-07-2012
V.I.P.

^ That truly is brilliant, thanks for posting loved reading it. Wow the fact she knows what HBs Sept cover is like, will be only an advantage for her at Vogue, surely! And i look forward to see what she does with the planned changes at Vogue!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
australia, editorinchief, edwina, mccann, vogue