How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-02-2011
V.I.P.

leaving the Chanel Haute Couture spring summer 2011 fashion show

maydele

02-02-2011
front row

She comes across really well, very friendly and passionate about her job.

04-02-2011
fashion insider

I have the sensation that she always wear the same :S

04-02-2011
V.I.P.

^she does wear the same "uniform" all the times, though with different modifications. that's one of the things I really like about her too, she is true to her style.

It can become a bit boring in time, but still...

04-02-2011
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Emmanuelle Alt will be the new representative of the fashion magazine Vogue Paris. " She will succeed Carine Roitfeld on 1 February. Olivier Lalanne, the new deputy editor of the magazine, Emmanuel Alt will renew the prestigious magazine, which celebrates its 90 years.

A new face, always in vogue. The prestigious magazine has finally revealed the best kept secret of his last days. Xavier Romatet, president of publications for the Condé Nast International, found that the new editor in chief of Vogue Paris "would be Emmanuelle Alt. An obvious choice for the almost faultless display of the young woman. Internationally respected stylist, she is also editor of the fashion section of Vogue Paris, "for ten years. This young woman resembling rock that swoons for the dark, followed Carine Roitfeld who wished to withdraw from the world of the press in order to "concentrate on personal projects that are close to my heart." This decision aroused nostalgia group, "I regret of course the decision of Carine, although I understand it, had commented Xavier Romatet. A page turns and begins a new stage for this brand strong, powerful and sure of its values. "

"Emmanuel has all the qualities"

After studying fashion, Emmanuelle Alt in 1993 became the fashion editor of the magazine "20 years" and she continued the same responsibilities for the magazine "Mixed" in 1998. Vogue Paris is doing very well and I wanted to entrust the editorship to someone who can provide continuity while bringing new life, "said Xavier Romatet in a statement published on the website Vogue.fr. "Emma has all the professional and personal qualities needed to continue making" Vogue Paris "referent of the world's leading fashion magazines. Vogue Paris "must be a collective passionate adventure where looks the most creative and most diverse on fashion, beauty, expressed through the collaboration of the greatest photographers and stylists Emmanuelle knows perfectly," said Xavier Romatet. "I have complete confidence in him incarnate and lead this challenging and prestigious brand and sustain it in all its dimensions, including the development of digital," he said. And then finally there was no to question a long time. In an interview with the magazine, he said: "I also wished that Paris Vogue editor has a French, gold in France, Emmanuelle Alt, Carine Roitfeld with, is the best." The new woman most influential fashion shows its part has said: "It's a great honor for me, but also a great pleasure to get to the head of" Vogue Paris "I know very well."

In the same interview, Xavier Romatet gave an outline of what Vogue would be in the future. Again, in response, the leader is confident. "What I want is that Paris Vogue is very open, whether a magazine where all can express feelings, where all styles could exist. Magazine where all speak because they have talent. Emmanuelle Alt is able to open the magazine that, "he said. "By working with very talented teams, I will try to develop the tremendous potential of" Vogue Paris' "she promised. Emmanuelle work with Olivier Lalanne, who will direct the editorial magazine Vogue Hommes International.

The support should know a lifting for its 90 years but while preserving nevertheless his chic and provocative picture. In first place, the director of the publication as well as Emmanuelle Alt would wish that "the know-how of" Fashion Paris"" does not stop itself fashionable, but that it radiates "in all the sectors and the pages of the newspaper: Beauty, Jewelry Making, the party magazine". Next, the evolution will be born of the passage to the "Fashion" to a version 2,0. In fact, the group has the intention to perfect the introduction of the magazine in all the new spaces in the middle of the democratization such as "the Digital, the iPad, the iPhone". And Xavier Romatet specified that "Emmanuelle Alt will imply itself in the reworked site of" Fashion" or again in the application iPad of the magazine." In then, surprised, the third shutter of this renaissance concerns the accessibility of the brand: "We must multiplied the events that return the brand" Fashion" accessible to everyone. Later this year, there will be an exposition around "Fashion Paris"". In any case, "Fashion Paris" must become "an even more universal reference that aujourd’hui, recognized everywhere in the world, America to China, while going through India or Japan".
*Parismatch.com

06-02-2011
V.I.P.

stockholmstreetstyle

07-02-2011
fashion insider

she rocks!

07-02-2011
trendsetter

^^ Is the jacket Balmain?

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

07-02-2011
windowshopping

Emmanuelle Alt, The New Editor of Vogue Paris, on Daria Werbowy, Celebrity Covers, and New Designers

by Mark Holgate

Emmanuelle Alt, the recently appointed editor of Vogue Paris, is sitting at a tiny two-seater table at the Galerie des Gobelins bar at the Hôtel Plaza Athénée, sipping a Coca Light avec glace, having laughingly sent the waiter back to the bar tout de suite when he appeared at the table bearing regular Coke. Alt, clad in a Balmain caban jacket, a black Prada cashmere crewneck sweater, and black flared J Brand jeans, is en route to the Elie Saab show, but she has agreed to meet up and talk (just a little, not too much, she doesn’t want to give everything away) about what she plans to do with the—her—magazine. Her first issue is April.

Of course, that’s all anyone has wanted to know, ever since the previous editor, Carine Roitfeld, decided to step down at the end of last year. Over the course of an hour, Alt—smart, frank, funny, and insightful—talks about leading the magazine where she was until only recently fashion director for a decade. (Before that, she was at 20 Ans, French Elle, and Mixte.) It’s a rare opportunity to speak to Alt who, despite being one of the most fiercely blogged about stylists—helped in huge part by her striking looks, six-foot-plus lanky androgyne frame, and a knack for looking like the coolest rocker girl ever—has tended to let her work speak for itself. So, here she is. . .

On How She Sees Vogue Paris—For Now
“I want to keep the quality, the photographers we work with—David [Sims], Mert and Marcus, Mario [Testino], and Bruce Weber. I don’t think there should be radical changes. The magazine should still be chic and sophisticated. It’s a bit like buying an apartment: Before you move in, you have all these plans of what you are going to do, but then you get there, and you realize it is better to spend time living in it, and transforming it over time. I’d like there to be more beauty trends; there was so much of that in Vogue back in the eighties. And how people are living; there are so many interesting, cool people here, and they should be in the magazine. More French girls, more French lifestyle. And I am going to keep shooting for the magazine—hopefully a story every issue. I do project myself in my pictures, even if I would never wear what I shoot. Actually, most of the time I definitely wouldn’t. I always want a relationship with reality: nothing too sexy, or provocative, or fashion victim. Even if I love to dream, I want the magazine to feature a girl who looks like she belongs in real life. We are French—we can show smoking, nudity. We have no boundaries, and it can be good to have them."

On Celebrity Covers
“We don’t have a systematic point of view on it. But here in France we are back in a much more glamorous time. French actresses were respected, but not so evidently in the fashion world. Now we have Marion Cotillard, Charlotte Gainsbourg. I’d be very happy to put an actress on the cover if she is the right girl.”

On the Need for New Designers in Paris

“No one has appeared, and you cross your fingers that someone will come through. It’s good that some people—like Bouchra Jarrar—are using the haute couture to get attention for themselves. You can’t create new talent just like that. America feels like it has become the place for young designers.”

On Her Kind of Model
“Daria is the girl I work with the most. She has a natural, strong beauty. You can put her in a white tee and she will make it look fantastic. I like Kate [Moss] too, because she cares about clothes. Most models don’t care what you put them in, they just play the game.”

On Life Beyond It
“I spend all my weekends with the kids [Antonin, 13, and Françoise, 6]. It’s that culpability of having been working at the magazine all week. Françoise is a good tennis player, so we do that. It goes so fast. A weekend is like ten minutes for me. And we’ll go to dinner with friends. I don’t see doing things any differently now. My job has changed. My life hasn’t.”

On Her Own Style
“I like vintage. Balmain. Givenchy. Chanel. I love jeans. I wear a lot of jeans. I have that French-girl thing of always wanting to wear a cashmere sweater with a pair of jeans. Mine are J Brand, Acne—and I like Topshop. I don’t want them to be “designed.” Jeans should be jeans. I rarely wear skirts. My daughter is just the same. I’ll try to convince her to wear a skirt, or a dress, and she’ll look at me say, ‘Why? You don’t.’ ”

Source:vogue.com

07-02-2011
V.I.P.

^mmmmm... Plaza Athénée, one of paris most exclusive and expenisve hotels...

07-02-2011
girl who fell to earth

i feel like i'm becoming increasingly enamored with her the more interviews i read

i like her point of view and she seems laid back...
i'm rooting for her...
i hope she does well as EIC

08-02-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
It’s a bit like buying an apartment: Before you move in, you have all these plans of what you are going to do, but then you get there, and you realize it is better to spend time living in it, and transforming it over time.
Very well said Emmanuelle!
The more interviews I read, the more I want to skip out Carine`s last issue and let Alt show her work.

08-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
i feel like i'm becoming increasingly enamored with her the more interviews i read

i like her point of view and she seems laid back...
i'm rooting for her...
i hope she does well as EIC
me too

08-02-2011
fashion elite

really interesting interview. im incredibly excited to see the direction she takes the magazine.

09-02-2011
backstage pass

I saw her rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré yesterday afternoon, leaving the Vogue office and turning at rue Boissy d'Anglas towards Crillon - Concorde.
She was wearing her staple style, black jeans, black Westwood pirate boots (I've seen her a couple of times sporting those since last year - or is it two years?) and the black fox fur coat she's wearing in #751.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, alt, april, chief, editor, emmanuelle, march, paris, vogue