How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

models.com

Iconic in V36

Guinivere/IMG. Ph Glen Luchford for V 36.
These exclusive preview images from the forthcoming issue of V of the iconic Guinivere/IMG just goes to prove the difference between a mere model and an inspiring muse. In between this story, the delicious Daria/IMG cover and stylist Ariane Philips’ polaroids of Joaquin Phoenix decked out as Johnny Cash; it is clear that V continues to deliver premium style dividends. And thank heavens for that!

15-07-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by perlefine
Didn't he shoot that edit with Hana where she has those glittery boots on, lying on her back. It looks like his work to me.

you mean this? it is!

15-07-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

Aaah thank you! Karma. It has that gentle Luchford vibe. I like the lilac shades against the red cloth, and the cloth against the purple background. He really has a thing for matrasses, doesn't he?

Last edited by iperlchen; 15-07-2005 at 01:04 PM.
15-07-2005
tfs star

i can definitely see where mario sorrenti gets his inspiration from.

15-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
I don't feel like writing a long post, just want to say I like the unusual positions of the models (minus that shoot with Adriana, beh). Depending on the model his photos look very glamourous and sexy or awkward yet powerful. Amazing use of light and color. I think I've found my new avatar.

Didn't he shoot that edit with Hana where she has those glittery boots on, lying on her back. It looks like his work to me.
i LOVE the pics of adriana. i think she's looks unbelievably gorgeous. in fact, they are some of my favorite pics of her ever b/c she just looks so sexy without her sexiness being overdone.

15-07-2005
What fresh hell is this.?

Wow I love his work. esp the funny positions of the models and those prada ads also the Hana editorial

Here is more from W magazine 'Hollywood and vine'

(www.artandcommerce.com/ac/portfolios/?dir=Photography)

daisy in my lazy eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalSin
i LOVE the pics of adriana. i think she's looks unbelievably gorgeous. in fact, they are some of my favorite pics of her ever b/c she just looks so sexy without her sexiness being overdone.
All the cleavage and posing is overdone to my eye, but I'll concur with you that it's not as bad as in some of her portfolio pics.

15-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
All the cleavage and posing is overdone to my eye, but I'll concur with you that it's not as bad as in some of her portfolio pics.
well given the nature of the dresses she's wearing and the fact that she's not flatchested i really dont see the big deal. and her posing doesnt seem any more or less overdone than well lets see ANY model's posing.

i get so sick of ppl on this board hating on particular models for no good reason. its so asinine after a while. half the time the criticism isnt even legit or isnt constructive so to speak, or worse just consists of a bunch of these

and i'm not saying u do this but honestly i'm just tired of it.

Last edited by OriginalSin; 15-07-2005 at 05:58 PM.
15-07-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalSin
well given the nature of the dresses she's wearing and the fact that she's not flatchested i really dont see the big deal. and her posing doesnt seem any more or less overdone than well lets see ANY model's posing.

i get so sick of ppl on this board hating on particular models for no good reason. its so asinine after a while. half the time the criticism isnt even legit or isnt constructive so to speak, or worse just consists of a bunch of these

and i'm not saying u do this but honestly i'm just tired of it.
You must have some models you don't like for no obvious reason yourself as well. I just don't get Adriana's appeal, I don't like how she throws in her sexyness all the time. I don't think I have to make my myself more clear.

The shoot was probably meant to look like it does, that's why I don't like it. It's not like I was blaming Adriana for screwing up something that could've looked amazing in my opinion.

15-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
You must have some models you don't like for no obvious reason yourself as well. I just don't get Adriana's appeal, I don't like how she throws in her sexyness all the time. I don't think I have to make my myself more clear.

The shoot was probably meant to look like it does, that's why I don't like it. It's not like I was blaming Adriana for screwing up something that could've looked amazing in my opinion.
i have plenty of models i dont like. i also dont go around b****ing about them (not asying U do but i was speaking more generally, even when i orig. posted). i'd much rather just admire those that i do like than waste my energy bashing those i dont. there also has never been a model that i've disliked that i havent found at least one picture to say oh WOW she looks amazing. there are way too many ppl on this board that dont seem to be able to get past their dislike of a model to say oh wow she DOES look good in THIS pic.

Last edited by OriginalSin; 15-07-2005 at 06:43 PM.
15-07-2005
backstage pass

Is there maybe an Adriana thread you guys can discuss her on? It's gone a bit off topic of Glen Luchford and photography

15-07-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

*sigh* As I said, I just didn't like the whole concept of the shoot, maybe except for the grayscale pic. I don't get where you're going with this.

Let's go on topic

15-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilista
Is there maybe an Adriana thread you guys can discuss her on? It's gone a bit off topic of Glen Luchford and photography
yes ur right i apologize

anyone have any more pics of his? i really do like his work

15-07-2005
backstage pass

fantastic Perlefine & OriginalSin I think I found a few more that haven't been posted...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cinemascope 1.jpg (16.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg cinemascope 2.jpg (14.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg gln20041110a006.jpg (13.1 KB, 24 views)

15-07-2005
V.I.P.

ok so i dug these up...always liked these pics. didnt realize they were photographed by him til now. enjoy

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
glen, luchford, photographer