How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-12-2006
windowshopping

Anyone knows what Ms. Westman is up to lately, besides working for Lancome?
All I heard was that she got married, so her name actually in Westman Neville.

Her recent collection for Lancome, Luna Chic, was a bit boring and un-creative in my opinion. It was actually the first Lancome ltd ed collection I didn't purchase a single item from, ever since I fell in love with the brand after Supernatural in 2003.

She seems to be using the same type of colors over and over and again. I'm looking forward to checking out her next one, Pop Cherub.

09-08-2007
tfs star

She looks great by the way too!

13-08-2007
tfs star

some video advice here:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=QTw4VvXQwI4

08-09-2007
windowshopping

Backstage photos of Gucci:

http://makeupbag.net/2007/09/07/back...naz-sarafpour/

09-09-2007
little soul

Video of Gucci Westman, backstage at Proenza Schouler Spring 2008, preparing Natasha Poly and speaking to NY Magazine

http://nymag.feedroom.com:99/?fr_sto...bd0e9710&rf=bm

little soul

Quote:
As a make-up artist, Gucci Westman got her big break working on an Annie Leibovitz shoot for Vanity Fair. Since then, the 35-year-old Californian's skills have been in demand from the film director Spike Jonze and the photographers Steven Meisel and Mario Testino. She is now the artistic director of Lancôme, whose Color Designs Awards were held in London last week.

Which pieces from this season's catwalk shows are on your wish list? A long grey wool coat from Balenciaga. It's tomboyish in the cut - perfect paired with heels.

Which were your favourite shows this season? Thakoon - his clothes are elegant and gamine (thakoon.com). I also loved the Rag & Bone show - their clothes are so effortless and cool, though I'm biased as my boyfriend, David Neville, is one of their designers (rag-bone.com).

Who are your favourite designers? Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga.

Which pair of shoes has caught your eye recently? Long boots from Lanvin in soft dark-brown leather.

What do you wear to work? I just did a shoot for DKNY outdoors in New York and it was freezing. I wore a massive Canada Goose coat (canada-goose.com).

What do you wear when relaxing at home? A pair of brown and pink Adidas trackpants, or Juicy Couture cashmere trackpants and sweater.

What would you wear on a hot date? I dress down (perhaps tighter jeans). I tend to put the effort into make-up - not lips, just around the eyes.

What has been your biggest fashion indulgence? A Marni cashmere cardigan for just under $1,000.

What is the biggest fashion mistake you have ever made? A big yellow Chloé poncho - when I got it home, I realised I looked like a jaundiced gospel singer.

Which are your favourite shops? In New York, Takashimaya (693 5th Avenue), Barneys (660 Madison Avenue) and Butik (605 Hudson Street), owned by Helena Christensen, which sells vintage Danish and Swedish furniture. In London, Matches (60-64 Ledbury Road, W11) and Liberty. I also like Loveless in Toyko (1-24-3 Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku), a fashion store that has amazing gothic interiors.

Which are your favourite hotels? Blakes in London (blakeshotels.com), the Chateau Marmont in LA (chateaumarmont.com), the Park Hyatt in Toyko (tokyo.park.hyatt.com), and the Ritz in Paris (ritzparis.com). I like what I'm familiar with.

Which is your favourite bar? The George and Dragon pub, near where my boyfriend grew up in Reading (georgeanddragonswallowfield.co.uk).

Which cosmetics would you be lost without? I don't wear a lot of lipstick - lip balm is a must. I wear Lancôme's Rouge Absolut Base, and Crème de la Mer lip balm.

Do you have facials? Rarely. I prefer to exfoliate using a homemade scrub of brown sugar, salt, honey and beeswax.

Who does your manicures? I go to a Japanese spa called Brush Day Spa on Bleecker Street in New York.

What are your beauty tips? Here are a couple: avoid soap when washing your face, use warm water and massage your face with a warm towel. To eliminate bags under your eyes, apply a small amount of cooling gel, before patting over concealer; then apply blush a little higher on the cheek.
telegraph.co.uk

windowshopping

She's leaving Lancome, her last collection will be spring 2008.

15-12-2007
trendsetter

from wwd:

Published: Friday, December 14, 2007
Gucci Westman Exits Lancome
By Jennifer Weil
PARIS — Lancôme's international artistic director Gucci Westman is ending her tenure — the latest in a string of high-profile makeup artist changes industrywide.

A replacement has yet to be named for Westman, who joined the L'Oréal-owned brand in 2003.

"Gucci Westman has been an elegant and talented ambassador," said Odile Roujol, president of Lancôme International, in a statement.

"Gucci's eye for beauty has helped guide Lancôme to the next level in the worlds of fashion and celebrity," added Eric Lauzat, president of Lancôme USA, also in the statement. He was referring to the work Westman did with emerging designers during New York Fashion Week, her link with Hollywood and eight color cosmetics collections she developed while at Lancôme. The final one is due out in spring 2008.

Over the past few months, the beauty industry has been rife with news about departures and arrivals of top makeup artists. As reported in late October, Chanel announced Dominique Moncourtois and Heidi Morawetz would retire, for instance. The duo is to be succeeded by Peter Philips. Dick Page was named artistic director for Shiseido's signature color cosmetics collection, Shiseido The Makeup, in March, taking the reins from Tom Pecheux. And that's to name but a few of the recent announcements.

07-10-2010
fashion insider

surely Gucci has more fans than this

"To Have and Have Not"
US VOGUE August 2010
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Model: Guinevere Van Seenus
Fashion Editor: Phylis Posnick
Make-up: Gucci Westman
Hair: Orlando Pita

Posted by ckgirlbr/ Elfinkova scan

08-10-2010
In other words

Vogue China September 2010
"The Street Strong Woman"
Model: Liu Wen
Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Tiina Laakkonen
Hair: Esther Langham

Makeup: Gucci Westman

Source: Scanned by 212 at modernparty.cn (via IAmLordZen and ammon)

A feature on Gucci's personal style was published in Harper's Bazaar US October 2010:

Scanned by flyme2themoon

08-10-2010
In other words

Vogue Nippon January 2010
"Up to You"
Models: Julia Hafstrom, Sharon Kavjian, and Kamila Filipcikova
Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Alastair McKimm
Hair: Didier Malige

Source: models.com via Luxx

08-10-2010
In other words

Allure February 2010
"True Romance"
Models: Ali Stephens and Taylor Fuchs
Photographer: Michael Thompson
Stylist: Paul Cavaco
Hair: Garren

Source: elitemodel.com via shely

08-10-2010
In other words

Rag & Bone Spring/Summer 2011
Hair: Guido Palau

Quote:
Gucci Westman took inspiration from early photographs of Linda Evangelista by Peter Lindbergh—“raw, sexy, and beautiful,” she says—and Peter O’Toole’s kohl-rimmed eyes in Lawrence of Arabia. It translates to luminescent skin with flushed cheeks; soft eyes smudged with earth-toned cream shadow and finished with a swipe of black mascara. The brows were slicked upward “to make them look wet, like she just got splashed,” says Westman. “I wanted the models to look like girls who were on an adventure. It’s how you would want to look in the morning after camping.”
Source: vogue.com

Other shows she did for NYFW (that I'm aware of) include: Oscar de la Renta, Richard Chai, and Ohne Titel.

08-10-2010
fashion insider

Kamila

13-11-2010
In other words

US Vogue November 2010
"Anything Goes"
Models: Frida Gustavsson and Eddie Redmayne
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Hair: Didier Malige