How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-06-2012
girl who fell to earth

^^oh wow! would have been kind of nuts if kirstie clements took on the role and the vogue/bazaar teams literally just switched magazines.

christine centenera has confirmed that she's fashion editor at Vogue Aus now

18-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
^^oh wow! would have been kind of nuts if kirstie clements took on the role and the vogue/bazaar teams literally just switched magazines.

christine centenera has confirmed that she's fashion editor at Vogue Aus now
Yep! And Jillian Davison also as fashion director at Vogue Aus!

20-06-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL92 View Post
Yep! And Jillian Davison also as fashion director at Vogue Aus!
Have they announced Jill officially?

Last edited by fivehundred; 20-06-2012 at 07:36 AM.
20-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehundred View Post
Have they announced Jill officially?
Hmm no, not yet...she wasn't at VOSN tonight either. Christine did say she's the new senior fashion editor...would that equate to Fashion Director? I would be very surprised if Jillian didn't defect because she seems quite close with Edwina/Christine!

24-07-2012
trendsetter

Vogue A-Team revealed
Quote:
ragtrader.com.au can reveal the latest editorial appointments to Vogue Australia, following an announcement on its fresh direction under editor Edwina McCann.

McCann offered a teaser to the future of vogue.com.au and Vogue Australia at a prestigious industry function earlier this week.

Since her appointment to the position of Vogue Australia editor-in-chief in May, industry speculation has been rife on major staff changes at the title.

ragtrader.com.au can confirm three editorial heavyweights have joined the team from rival Harper's Bazaar Australia, which McCann edited for three years prior to her recent move.

This includes Christine Centenera, who has taken the position of senior fashion editor and fashion director for soon-to-be-launched online diffusion brand Miss Vogue.

Georgie McCourt-Abay will also join the Vogue Australia team from Harper's Bazaar Australia next week, occupying the role of deputy editor.

The final major defection is Harper's Bazaar Australia creative director Jillian Davison, who is set to come on board in August.

To round up the new appointments, Vogue Australia has also recruited a picture editor for the first time.

Muffie Sproat has been enlisted to the publication following ten years as picture editor for British Vogue.

source: ragtrader.com.au

07-08-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Paula Reed out, Susannah Frankel in at Grazia:

Quote:
Grazia has announced the appointment of Susannah Frankel as fashion director for the magazine.

Frankel joins from The Independent, where she has held the role of fashion editor for 13 years and has interviewed names such as Miuccia Prada, Vivienne Westwood, Karl Lagerfeld, Tom Ford, Donatella Versace.

On her appointment, Frankel said: “Grazia is a wonderful place to celebrate fashion, to communicate its huge scope and show how inspiring, entertaining and uplifting it can be. I am really delighted to be joining the magazine.”

She will report to Jane Bruton, Grazia’s editor-in-chief, who said: “We are thrilled to have someone of Susannah’s calibre join the senior team at Grazia; she brings a wealth of experience as well as the relationships she has formed in the fashion industry that go back over 15 years. Her energy, ideas and passion for Grazia just blew me away, and I look forward to seeing her vision come to life as we enter an exciting new chapter for the magazine.”
thedrum.co.uk

07-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

^Paula is joining Harvey Nichols.

^ Was just about to post that, knew she had to be going somewhere.

Quote:
Department store retailer Harvey Nichols has appointed fashion magazine Grazia style director, Paula Reed, as its group fashion director where she will head up own bought buying for womenswear, menswear and accessories.
retail-week.com

07-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

^I read somewhere that she isn't going to be heading there as a buyer, just Fashion Director... whatever that means, they're yet to fill the spot of Buyer since Averyl Oates left .

^ You're right, here from British Vogue:

Quote:
PAULA REED has been hired as Harvey Nichols' new fashion director. Currently Grazia's style director, Reed will begin her new job - which is a newly created role at the department store - on September 21.

She will report to Harvey Nichols chief executive, Joseph Wan, who has said of her appointment: "I am delighted that Paula is joining the senior management team here at Harvey Nichols, bringing with her a wealth of experience gained in a number of Fashion Director roles across key fashion titles including, The Sunday Times, Harpers & Queen, InStyle UK and Grazia as well as relationships she has formed in the fashion industry that go back over twenty years. Her broad experience in fashion complements what Harvey Nichols represents, from the most exclusive luxury brands to the more accessible levels of fashion."

The role is not related to the still vacant position of Harvey Nichols' buying director - a job Averyl Oates stepped down from in October
vogue.co.uk

10-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Jenny Kim, formerly vice president of PR at #Prada USA, has been named VP of global communications at @ProenzaSchouler. #NYFW
Jimshi809/Twitter

Quote:
Harper's U.K. Names Justine Picardie Editor-In-Chief

LONDON — Harper’s Bazaar U.K. has named Justine Picardie its new editor-in-chief, following the departure of former editor-in-chief Lucy Yeomans earlier this year to join Net-A-Porter. Picardie replaces acting editor Jenny Dickinson, who will stay at the title as consultant editor until the end of the year.

Picardie, an author and fashion journalist who last year published a biography of Coco Chanel titled “Coco Chanel — The Legend and the Life,” will take up her role on Sept. 10.

Picardie has written for British newspapers including The Times and the Daily Telegraph, and was editor of the Observer magazine. She currently contributes to the U.S. and U.K. editions of Harper’s Bazaar and is a former features director of British Vogue.

Picardie said in a statement: “I’m tremendously excited to be taking this position on a magazine that has already achieved so much under the great leadership of former editor-in-chief Lucy Yeomans,” stated Picardie. “Bazaar has an inspiring heritage as a luxury brand from the days of Carmel Snow, Alexey Brodovitch and Diana Vreeland, to Fabien Baron and Liz Tilberis, and I hope to celebrate the creativity and editorial ambition of the title with the same dedication of my predecessors.”

Bazaar’s publisher Hearst Magazine’s U.K. also announced that Marissa Bourke has been appointed as creative director of the title. She will take up her role in September, and joins the magazine after spending eight years as creative director of Elle U.K., another Hearst title. Picardie and Bourke had previously worked together at British Vogue in the late Nineties.

Hearst stated that Picardie and Bourke, together with Bazaar’s deputy editor Sarah Bailey and art director Tom Usher, would aim to “take the iconic luxury brand into a new era.”

Arnaud de Puyfontaine, chief executive of Hearst Magazines U.K. said: “The appointments of Justine and Marissa to their respective roles at Harper’s Bazaar is an exciting milestone for the prestigious luxury brand,” he stated. “Justine and Marissa are hugely talented and highly respected in the industry, and I look forward to seeing the results of this unique creative partnership.”
wwd.com

28-08-2012

Quote:
Sally Singer Out at T

Sally Singer is out as editor of T: The New York Times Style Magazine. Singer joined the Times back in July 2010 after a long run at Vogue as fashion news and features director. At the time, she succeeded Stefano Tonchi who left T to become editor in chief of W. A spokeswoman confirmed to WWD that Singer is leaving at the end of the week.
"I'm sorry to announce that Sally Singer will be leaving T magazine and The Times at the end of this month," said executive editor Jill Abramson, in a note to the staff. "Sally's contributions are clear to anyone who's read the magazine during her tenure. Gorgeous visuals, interesting stories and enterprising features — both in print and online — have been hallmarks of her stewardship. We wish her every success." No successor has been named.
source: wwd

04-09-2012
girl who fell to earth

saw a tweet earlier today from twitter.com/jimshi809:

Quote:
Breaking: Marie Claire EIC Joanna Coles named EIC of Cosmopolitan, succeeding Kate White, who is retiring @ end of the year after 14 yrs.
Interesting... I wonder if we can expect a total overhaul and less blatant sex talk?

06-09-2012
Some Like It Hot

Natalie Massnet named Chairman of the BFC, succeeding previous Chairman Harold Tillman.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, firings, hirings, industry, insiders, magazine, moves, news, post, promotions, rules