How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-04-2011
backstage pass

wow, Mia is getting so much editorial work, especially from an actress, but the editorial looks great.

20-04-2011
windowshopping

The Giuseppe Zanotti commercial pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
Giuseppe Zanotti S/S 2011
Anja Rubik by I&V
St. Barth, November 2010

***Please do not quote images***
giuseppezanottidesign.com
Back to December 2010 to express how much I was angry when I saw this pictures especially the second and third one with the knees of Anja totally deformed by retouching, now I'm wondering how this could have happened? These past the Artistic Director, Commercial team, assistants, interns.. Seriously how can you say "It's hard to become a famous photographer especially a fashion photographer these days" when you have one who make amateurs mistakes like that.. I'm not angry about I&V I do love their work back in the days.. But that's simply unfair that lucky persons like them don't take seriously that chance!

According Inez Twitter account: "Last day of location scouting in LA! Getting ready to shoot 64 pages and cover of entire issue of french vogue. Crazy but fun. Kisses Inez"

I personally don't expect so much about these 64pages.. I don't expect so much about Vogue Paris neither in fact, only Numéro seems like to know what fashion really is and don't try to sell more and more. After all that's Art, otherwise they can just put some clothes on plastic models..

Waited for so long to say that it's not only about these pictures but all the visuals mistakes I saw lately, don't blame me for my non-introduction, I'm not here to talk about me

Last edited by *ana*; 20-04-2011 at 03:15 PM.
20-04-2011
tfs star

^what are you talking about?....

20-04-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiqary View Post
^what are you talking about?....

So..means you don't find any issues with those ?

20-04-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisque View Post
So..means you don't find any issues with those ?
Are you talking about the photoshop on the knees?..... I don't really see anything wrong with the pictures......

20-04-2011
front row

yack

20-04-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Are you talking about the photoshop on the knees?..... I don't really see anything wrong with the pictures......
I just did that to show you more close, I did a crop on both issues, that's unbelievable nobody pointed out before?!

By the way, I also show the dsize ifferences between her legs on the same picture!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KNEEGZD3_SS11_787x1000_rdax_551x700 copie.jpg (198.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg KneeGZD4_SS11_787x1000_rdax_551x700 copie.jpg (218.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Kne4_87x1000_rdax_551x700.jpg (214.6 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Francisque; 20-04-2011 at 09:05 AM.
20-04-2011
V.I.P.

The photo shopping is definitley bad ... but that cannot be attributed to the photographers. It is the client (in this case, Giuseppe Zanotti Design) that controls the photoshopping of final image, I'm afraid. Seems like they may have hired the wrong retoucher.

It's a shame to destroy their work like this ... but it's not their fault.

20-04-2011
windowshopping

I Doubt about it.. but anyways it's the reputation of Photographers that we're talking about here, If all photographers can't have the final word on their photographs like Stanley Kubrick had his Final Cut where are we going?! Problem is I only saw that issue with I&V.. =/

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

i thought they did their own retouching? anyway i think they're very good at it i mean this is a one exception really. compare them to, say, mert & marcus...

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossiping View Post
i thought they did their own retouching? anyway i think they're very good at it i mean this is a one exception really. compare them to, say, mert & marcus...
I though also that they did their own retouching, I'm not going to call this an exception but rather a less frequent mistake than Mert & Marcus..

20-04-2011
tfs star

I think in the third picture the knees is different size because of the angle and the way she poses.

21-04-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
I think in the third picture the knees is different size because of the angle and the way she poses.
I was thinking the same but there's huge differences and both legs are from profile, and you can easily tell that there's huge line of artefacts, no because of the compression in Jpeg but lines caused by a tool in Photoshop called "Liquify" I know cause I'm using it for work, what I'm telling you is a huge secret from many photographers many uses it to make a body look a bit more flat,*edited*, to correct the small bumps etc.. But others are completely abusing of it and if you compare the picture to the original RAW files that is not the same girl anymore.. The only one I never saw using it too often is Hedi Slimane, known for his very natural feel. *edited*
I'm not gonna give more explanations about how the retouching work goes, If people don't understand or sees how modified these images are, It really doesn't make no difference to me.

Last edited by BetteT; 21-04-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: REmoving "weight" talk, per tFS Community Rules.
21-04-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisque View Post
I was thinking the same but there's huge differences and both legs are from profile, and you can easily tell that there's huge line of artefacts, no because of the compression in Jpeg but lines caused by a tool in Photoshop called "Liquify" I know cause I'm using it for work, what I'm telling you is a huge secret from many photographers many uses it to make a body look a bit more flat, *edited*, to correct the small bumps etc.. But others are completely abusing of it and if you compare the picture to the original RAW files that is not the same girl anymore.. The only one I never saw using it too often is Hedi Slimane, known for his very natural feel. *edited*
I'm not gonna give more explanations about how the retouching work goes, If people don't understand or sees how modified these images are, It really doesn't make no difference to me.
I'm really familiar with the Liquify tool. I edit a lot of stuff with photoshop. About the photo, yes the legs are from profile but its just logic to see the other leg smaller then the other when she does the pose.

Btw, it is a known fact that models are photoshop in the eds and campaign these days. No surprise, As long as the outcome looks good I'm fine with it.

Last edited by BetteT; 21-04-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Edtiting quote to remove "weight" talk, per tFS Community Rules.
21-04-2011
windowshopping

End of . .
Quote:
I'm really familiar with the Liquify tool. I edit a lot of stuff with photoshop. About the photo, yes the legs are from profile but its just logic to see the other leg smaller then the other when she does the pose.

Btw, it is a known fact that models are photoshop in the eds and campaign these days. No surprise, As long as the outcome looks good I'm fine with it.
Ok, sure, everyone has their own opinion on what's great and what isn't, but really, be paid more than 120,000.0$ for a campaign like this one deserve a better attention! I have my convictions I'm not gonna reply anymore on that subject, I just wanted to pointed out the fact that after that, every persons who makes amateur photography wonders how can't they be doing that campaign rather than overbooked insouciant photographers..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
inez, lamsweerde, matadin, photographers, van, vinoodh