How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
19-04-2011
  166
backstage pass
 
Sigren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 746
wow, Mia is getting so much editorial work, especially from an actress, but the editorial looks great.

__________________
tumblr
  Reply With Quote
 
20-04-2011
  167
windowshopping
 
Francisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France
Gender: homme
Posts: 8
The Giuseppe Zanotti commercial pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
Giuseppe Zanotti S/S 2011
Anja Rubik by I&V
St. Barth, November 2010


***Please do not quote images***
giuseppezanottidesign.com
Back to December 2010 to express how much I was angry when I saw this pictures especially the second and third one with the knees of Anja totally deformed by retouching, now I'm wondering how this could have happened? These past the Artistic Director, Commercial team, assistants, interns.. Seriously how can you say "It's hard to become a famous photographer especially a fashion photographer these days" when you have one who make amateurs mistakes like that.. I'm not angry about I&V I do love their work back in the days.. But that's simply unfair that lucky persons like them don't take seriously that chance!

According Inez Twitter account: "Last day of location scouting in LA! Getting ready to shoot 64 pages and cover of entire issue of french vogue. Crazy but fun. Kisses Inez"

I personally don't expect so much about these 64pages.. I don't expect so much about Vogue Paris neither in fact, only Numéro seems like to know what fashion really is and don't try to sell more and more. After all that's Art, otherwise they can just put some clothes on plastic models..

Waited for so long to say that it's not only about these pictures but all the visuals mistakes I saw lately, don't blame me for my non-introduction, I'm not here to talk about me


Last edited by *ana*; 20-04-2011 at 03:15 PM.
  Reply With Quote
20-04-2011
  168
tfs star
 
fiqary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,541
^what are you talking about?....

  Reply With Quote
20-04-2011
  169
windowshopping
 
Francisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France
Gender: homme
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiqary View Post
^what are you talking about?....

So..means you don't find any issues with those ?

  Reply With Quote
20-04-2011
  170
tfs star
 
fiqary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisque View Post
So..means you don't find any issues with those ?
Are you talking about the photoshop on the knees?..... I don't really see anything wrong with the pictures......

  Reply With Quote
20-04-2011
  171
front row
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: LONDON
Gender: femme
Posts: 434
yack

  Reply With Quote
20-04-2011
  172
windowshopping
 
Francisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France
Gender: homme
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiqary View Post
Are you talking about the photoshop on the knees?..... I don't really see anything wrong with the pictures......
I just did that to show you more close, I did a crop on both issues, that's unbelievable nobody pointed out before?!

By the way, I also show the dsize ifferences between her legs on the same picture!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KNEEGZD3_SS11_787x1000_rdax_551x700 copie.jpg (198.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg KneeGZD4_SS11_787x1000_rdax_551x700 copie.jpg (218.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Kne4_87x1000_rdax_551x700.jpg (214.6 KB, 17 views)


Last edited by Francisque; 20-04-2011 at 09:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote
20-04-2011
  173
V.I.P.
 
BetteT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: femme
Posts: 20,482
The photo shopping is definitley bad ... but that cannot be attributed to the photographers. It is the client (in this case, Giuseppe Zanotti Design) that controls the photoshopping of final image, I'm afraid. Seems like they may have hired the wrong retoucher.

It's a shame to destroy their work like this ... but it's not their fault.

__________________
Bette
** It's All in the Details! **
http://www.musecube.com/BetteT/
  Reply With Quote
20-04-2011
  174
windowshopping
 
Francisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France
Gender: homme
Posts: 8
I Doubt about it.. but anyways it's the reputation of Photographers that we're talking about here, If all photographers can't have the final word on their photographs like Stanley Kubrick had his Final Cut where are we going?! Problem is I only saw that issue with I&V.. =/

  Reply With Quote
20-04-2011
  175
V.I.P.
 
gossiping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: united kingdom
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,768
i thought they did their own retouching? anyway i think they're very good at it i mean this is a one exception really. compare them to, say, mert & marcus...

__________________
  Reply With Quote
20-04-2011
  176
windowshopping
 
Francisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France
Gender: homme
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossiping View Post
i thought they did their own retouching? anyway i think they're very good at it i mean this is a one exception really. compare them to, say, mert & marcus...
I though also that they did their own retouching, I'm not going to call this an exception but rather a less frequent mistake than Mert & Marcus..

  Reply With Quote
20-04-2011
  177
tfs star
 
fiqary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,541
I think in the third picture the knees is different size because of the angle and the way she poses.

  Reply With Quote
21-04-2011
  178
windowshopping
 
Francisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France
Gender: homme
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiqary View Post
I think in the third picture the knees is different size because of the angle and the way she poses.
I was thinking the same but there's huge differences and both legs are from profile, and you can easily tell that there's huge line of artefacts, no because of the compression in Jpeg but lines caused by a tool in Photoshop called "Liquify" I know cause I'm using it for work, what I'm telling you is a huge secret from many photographers many uses it to make a body look a bit more flat,*edited*, to correct the small bumps etc.. But others are completely abusing of it and if you compare the picture to the original RAW files that is not the same girl anymore.. The only one I never saw using it too often is Hedi Slimane, known for his very natural feel. *edited*
I'm not gonna give more explanations about how the retouching work goes, If people don't understand or sees how modified these images are, It really doesn't make no difference to me.


Last edited by BetteT; 21-04-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: REmoving "weight" talk, per tFS Community Rules.
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2011
  179
tfs star
 
fiqary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisque View Post
I was thinking the same but there's huge differences and both legs are from profile, and you can easily tell that there's huge line of artefacts, no because of the compression in Jpeg but lines caused by a tool in Photoshop called "Liquify" I know cause I'm using it for work, what I'm telling you is a huge secret from many photographers many uses it to make a body look a bit more flat, *edited*, to correct the small bumps etc.. But others are completely abusing of it and if you compare the picture to the original RAW files that is not the same girl anymore.. The only one I never saw using it too often is Hedi Slimane, known for his very natural feel. *edited*
I'm not gonna give more explanations about how the retouching work goes, If people don't understand or sees how modified these images are, It really doesn't make no difference to me.
I'm really familiar with the Liquify tool. I edit a lot of stuff with photoshop. About the photo, yes the legs are from profile but its just logic to see the other leg smaller then the other when she does the pose.

Btw, it is a known fact that models are photoshop in the eds and campaign these days. No surprise, As long as the outcome looks good I'm fine with it.


Last edited by BetteT; 21-04-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Edtiting quote to remove "weight" talk, per tFS Community Rules.
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2011
  180
windowshopping
 
Francisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France
Gender: homme
Posts: 8
End of . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiqary View Post
I'm really familiar with the Liquify tool. I edit a lot of stuff with photoshop. About the photo, yes the legs are from profile but its just logic to see the other leg smaller then the other when she does the pose.

Btw, it is a known fact that models are photoshop in the eds and campaign these days. No surprise, As long as the outcome looks good I'm fine with it.
Ok, sure, everyone has their own opinion on what's great and what isn't, but really, be paid more than 120,000.0$ for a campaign like this one deserve a better attention! I have my convictions I'm not gonna reply anymore on that subject, I just wanted to pointed out the fact that after that, every persons who makes amateur photography wonders how can't they be doing that campaign rather than overbooked insouciant photographers..

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
inez, lamsweerde, matadin, photographers, van, vinoodh
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.